Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

midgetwars

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just wanted to share this delivery. I challenged the LBW, never knew Johnson controlled the ball this well.

3nIpq6n.jpg

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Got the replacement finally. Original Game disc, the Bradman dvd thingy and the sexy steelbook. Good enough to pass time till the PS4 version comes ;)

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Been getting back into the game lately, as a bowler my gosh I can't seem to be able to bowl over the batsman! Is there a certain way to do so ? Seems to just be catches all-round

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Same here. Yet to get a LBW. Got a few tailenders bowled. I've been able to tie the AI down using my old tactics but getting them out is little tougher. Bowled around 90 overs on a grassy track by playing as India vs Australia and have Australia at 233/8.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
I guess persistence is key, but I would love to just see those stumps knocked over lol. It's either hitting too high or a yorker going wayside of leg stump. And that goes for the LBWs as well, can't find anything that works! (Yet I still appeal for everything with a little hope :p) Then I tried fuller length deliveries are more often than not are dealt with severely so there went that idea. Maybe it's a knock on my variations but I'm looking forward at least to figuring the game out. Hopefully sooner rather than later

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Here's something I do while bowling that is not much related to bowling over but works for me most of the times. Before bowling to a batsman I hit the right stick on the xbox controller (just like we do to do slow motion in interactive replay) and it shows strength and weakness of the batsman. I then set my field according to that and bowl to batsman's weakness. In FC, it still takes time to get a wicket, but works better, and in OD and BT20 works really good. I am sure most of the regular gamers here must be knowing this feature, I recently figured it out and found it to be quite helpful.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
I think its really tough to get the LBW's on Aussie pitches. Almost all the good length balls go above the stumps even if you use the pitch type as soft. Great pitches to bounce players though.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Been getting back into the game lately, as a bowler my gosh I can't seem to be able to bowl over the batsman! Is there a certain way to do so ? Seems to just be catches all-round
What I do is select seam delivery and good length at the start as the bowler starts running I click the fast delivery trigger and at the last minute click full length button and bowl a yorker which the gets confused and plays a cover drive and gets bowled, hard to do but effective at times...Hope this helps....

legend_123

School Cricketer
LB button of my xbox controller is damaged , so i wanna replace controls of it with RT button ... is it possible ??

PS: I am using this controller on PC ..

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
What I do is select seam delivery and good length at the start as the bowler starts running I click the fast delivery trigger and at the last minute click full length button and bowl a yorker which the gets confused and plays a cover drive and gets bowled, hard to do but effective at times...Hope this helps....
Don't think that makes a difference. As i think someone from BA mentioning; AI batsmen calculates the line and length only when the ball is released from hand. So I don't think whatever input we give before makes any difference. At the end the play the shot based on our final output. Citation needed here though, it might be just in my mind.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Don't think that makes a difference. As i think someone from BA mentioning; AI batsmen calculates the line and length only when the ball is released from hand. So I don't think whatever input we give before makes any difference. At the end the play the shot based on our final output. Citation needed here though, it might be just in my mind.
Yeah it might calculate the line and length at the last minute but that's why I asked to add the fast ball trigger for that extra pace to beat the AI...Has worked for me though not all the times but sometimes..There is no steps or a standard way to make them bowled or LBW...

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
I think its really tough to get the LBW's on Aussie pitches. Almost all the good length balls go above the stumps even if you use the pitch type as soft. Great pitches to bounce players though.

Oh my word..

brb playing somewhere besides Australia :p

Users who are viewing this thread