MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Considering it is essentially impossible to get a refund on Steam, I wouldn't trust 'owners' data that goes up and down.

That said, having ~10,000 owners would mean that 10% of people who own the game on PC are members on here who have registered for the downloads forum, which is pretty good.

grkrama

National Board President
in terms of geography it seems limited to four countries aus eng ind and sa

and 4000+ players engaged for most of the weeks is almost half the owners being engaged all time.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Taking that with a huge pinch of salt (said it's still Alpha, expect major bugs & the +- figures are huge) but if it's close to true with such engagement levels BA are missing a trick if they don't fire out some paid DLC.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Considering it is essentially impossible to get a refund on Steam, I wouldn't trust 'owners' data that goes up and down.

That said, having ~10,000 owners would mean that 10% of people who own the game on PC are members on here who have registered for the downloads forum, which is pretty good.

These numbers are pretty consistent with previous PC Cricket titles: I wouldn't have thought that they are wildly wrong (although yes: very odd that owners go up and down like that: I'd take the top number as likely total sales.)

The engagement is through the roof, and also consistent with the numbers from steamcharts so again is probably about right: it's very encouraging going forwards. Also shows the same weird thing that it tailed off from launch (as most games do) but then gently surged back up later on: in January it was basically being played as much as it was at launch, which is very unusual (and a great sign that the game is on the right road!)

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I'm really beginning to appreciate the different types of batting surface while bowling, it's subtle but you notice the difference. The ball seams from straight up deliveries on greentops, while a pristine surface is a real test of patience. The best thing about it and I only really picked up on it the other night is that for the first time you have to think about which end to bowl bowlers from due to the different areas of wear and cracks.

Also I don't know if this is my imagination but overthrows seem to start happening when the batting team is batting well. If this is the case then it's a great little touch.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@BigAntStudios are you planning on pushing out a stats update for linked players at any point?
But seriously though, who actually looks at the players stats when they walk out to bat/come on to bowl?

The only time I take an interest into stats is when i'm playing a tour/competition and I want to see who has the most runs/wickets etc.

Users who are viewing this thread