Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bware

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can I just say what a good pc port this is. Thank you for not locking it at 1080p, adding a few graphics settings, making it mod friendly, etc...

Can't seem to get the hang of spin bowling (no turn) but I look forward to digging into it in the morning. Forcing myself to go to bed now.

And once again, great work by the devs on the pc version.

kushari

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@BigAntStudios Just finished playing my 1st career match on PC. The game is much much smoother than its on PS3. But I am extremely extremely disappointed with the Bowler still batting like front line batsman in Career mode, I thought this issue has been taken care of. Have a look at the below screen shot.

The Last wicket added 136 Runs for the 10th Wicket. And this is the 1st match I had in career mode. Beside this bug, all other aspect of the game is super smooth and experience is way better than PS3 (I have not tried online on PC yet). @Ross any idea how can we rectify the bowler batting like batsman issue?

EDIT: I used get best for English Domestic Team

cdT939p.jpg

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
For the first time I am waiting for opponent to declare, they have went past 400 runs and oh boy, great challenge to own & earn your wickets!

My first match career stats :
1st innings - 5/62(20 overs) and 0 with bat.
2nd innings - 3/74 runs(34 overs), still in progress.

christy_lenin

Club Captain
My first wicket, loved it! Tensed caught & bowled.

My fifth wicket, felt too excited in seeing such a dismissal. What else you would need for bowling such a lovely delivery.

This video perfectly demonstrates this fix.
- Fixed replays to show more relevant plays, less cuts, new angles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
I told you the replays were wonderful... This guy got it.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There seems to be an issue with Windows 8 and Steam that is causing the game to quit - if you are facing this issue, please try running the game in offline mode.

manoharalla

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Initially it got quit, but on the second time game running fine for me:thumbs

kushari

International Coach
You can't really come to a conclusion after a sample size of 1.

I know what you mean, but anyhow I thought of bringing it to the notice of @BigAntStudios just in case I am missing something.

I wont like to go deep in my career mode just to discover that this bug is still there or that I have made any mistake while downloading the team etc, so it will be great if someone from BAS can comment on this, as as far as I know these issue was already sorted out by Patch-1..

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
card.png
It's 6.30am, and I'm 20 overs in to a first class career match. I haven't bowled and I've hardly touched the ball, but I've had a genuinely fantastic time.

I only started fielding because I was at first slip, and I thought I'd just give it a couple of overs to see if I could get a catch. But I'm finding watching the game from slip (and lately, out saving 1 on the 3/4 for the spinner) is so much like watching a real game from those positions that I just haven't wanted to quit.

The batting ai has looked pretty good so far. Basically it's very been very believable most of the time, with the occasional oddball shot. They defended the straight ones, banged a few bad balls, and played a few shots I genuinely admired.

Field placings started out fine, but we've been giving away singles at deep midwicket and deep cover off the spinner for no good reason since about the 10th over. And I guess actually the 10th over of a first class match is not the likeliest time to put your tweaker on, though it's not unheard of.

Anyway I'm sure BA don't intend people to play this as an rpg so no doubt there are some very rough edges to ai vs ai interactions, but I'm really impressed by some of the stuff I've seen in these 20 overs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread