Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion game will be released in DEC.coz,Bigant Rugby World cup game has given release date one month before.....as of now we didnt see any info on release date......It really dissappointed if its releases in DEC....:(

In my opinion game will be released in DEC.coz,Bigant Rugby World cup game has given release date one month before.....as of now we didnt see any info on release date......It really dissappointed if its releases in DEC....:(

Announcing 30 days before release is not a fixed pattern that they follow with all of their games. However, if we don't get any release information this week, there is a high chance that the game may not release before the Ashes series begins. It has to be this week or at the very latest, the next week.

i would be literally astounded if they release on 21st, not because of the RLL World Cup game (entirely) so much as they it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to release a cricket game on the day you'd expect people to be watching cricket rather than worrying about a new game.

And since the play session is 7th, that would leave only the 14th open. it's possible, but we're 23 days from that time so I'd be highly surprised. (though i would never have been happier to have been utterly wrong.)

(mind you, i have been thinking about it and i can think of "objections" to every thursday between 7Nov and 12Dec... though the only objection to 14 Nov is that above, and 12 Dec was it's too close to Christmas?)

games do release on thursdays, don't they? :facepalm

----------- EDIT ---------

and looking at the calendar again, i have just removed the "objection" i had to 28th Nov. who's the contortionist now ;)

28th Nov. That's my current "favourite". followed by 12th Dec.

Last edited:
I have tortured myself once again by looking at that list of in game features,,,now the wait will kill me even more, as this promises to be THEE cricket game ever to grace the gamers and cricket lover :(

----------

i would be literally astounded if they release on 21st, not because of the RLL World Cup game (entirely) so much as they it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to release a cricket game on the day you'd expect people to be watching cricket rather than worrying about a new game.

And since the play session is 7th, that would leave only the 14th open. it's possible, but we're 23 days from that time so I'd be highly surprised. (though i would never have been happier to have been utterly wrong.)

(mind you, i have been thinking about it and i can think of "objections" to every thursday between 7Nov and 12Dec... though the only objection to 14 Nov is that above, and 12 Dec was it's too close to Christmas?)

and looking at the calendar again, i have just removed the "objection" i had to 28th Nov. who's the contortionist now ;)

I did check the calendar also, announcing this friday for 14 Nov release it'll give them 20 days release window ,,,and if they announce next tuesday for 21st Nov, it leaves them with 24 days release window or 27 days if announce this Friday "Big Fridays", for my sake of hunger to play this game, I hope it doesn't release on the 28th or 12th Dec,,,Big Ross we are dying to have this game

based on what ross has said earlier i can't see this game releasing any earlier. My bet would be christmas time or early 2014. I am happy to wait though! :)

based on what ross has said earlier i can't see this game releasing any earlier. My bet would be christmas time or early 2014. I am happy to wait though! :)

I am pretty sure the only way 2014 would happen was if Ashes released in early Nov. Even then it wouldn't be certain, just possible. But I don't think Ashes can release so quickly - I personally doubt it will release at all - so can't see DBC not making 2013. They wouldn't want to miss Christmas sales you think, so late Nov/early Dec seems to fit.

If the game is releasing in november it has to be on the 28th.. That would give them three weeks time from the day of playsessions to carry all their promotional stuffs
the 1st ashes test ends on 25th and there will be a time gap of 10 days for the start of the next test , during the period at which people will be most excited about cricket..

I still believe(maybe hope more than conviction) that my prediction of a 14/11/13 release with announcement thus Friday is the most likely. If AC was goin to release in time I'm sure we'd have been aware and I think it's too late for bigant to change their plans for it if it did.

That would give them three weeks time from the day of playsessions to carry all their promotional stuffs

I'd just say again, because I've seen lots of people referencing this, my experience is that it is totally unnecessary to do any level of marketing ABOVE community outreach to the core audience before launch. It's important to get the core on board, but for the mainstream any pre-release buzz is largely ineffective.
You'd be better spending ALL of your marketing spend in one big push ONLY when the game is immediately available to buy in the shops. That's how you sell it to the mainstream audience. Impulse. Not important to let them know in advance.

Also, bear in mind that Australian interest in the Ashes will almost certainly dip as soon as England take the first test (in the sort of comfort one normally associates with downy pillows and Dr Scholl's gel-based slippers...) ;) #Trolling

England's comfortably winning of the first few tests could work in DBs favour as Aussies could be sick of the word ashes by mid December!!! Dreaming of the days when The Don ruled over us pommie bastards and the little urn was theirs!!!

I'd just say again, because I've seen lots of people referencing this, my experience is that it is totally unnecessary to do any level of marketing ABOVE community outreach to the core audience before launch. It's important to get the core on board, but for the mainstream any pre-release buzz is largely ineffective.
You'd be better spending ALL of your marketing spend in one big push ONLY when the game is immediately available to buy in the shops. That's how you sell it to the mainstream audience. Impulse. Not important to let them know in advance.

Also, bear in mind that Australian interest in the Ashes will almost certainly dip as soon as England take the first test (in the sort of comfort one normally associates with downy pillows and Dr Scholl's gel-based slippers...) ;) #Trolling

Very interesting.

2nd paragraph particularly accurate.

So why do so many other companies do it?

*For a niche game like Cricket.*

Sorry: I should have said that. They don't follow the same rules as more mainstream ones where you normally have budget for a sustained campaign.

Last edited:
I would have wagered the release date to be 13/13/13... But then one of the 13s doesn't qualify. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread