Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Careful what you wish for, the game might just be retitled WC 2015 going by the way things have progressed since June.

As far as wishing for a 2nd version goes, let's play the game 1st and then start wishing, praying, hoping or begging for another version.

Careful what you wish for, the game might just be retitled WC 2015 going by the way things have progressed since June.

As far as wishing for a 2nd version goes, let's play the game 1st and then start wishing, praying, hoping or begging for another version.

Wow, what an incredibly stupid and naive post.

I don't know who you think you are, coming on here and criticising the progress of the game despite the tonnes of content we've already been shown. And then instruct people to "pray" for a possible 2nd version? Grow up!

Learn to read; he didn't instruct anyone to pray.

His first paragraph was fatuous, granted. The second just said we should play the game before hailing it as wonderful and wanting a second; that's reasonable, isn't it?

Now it's weird to find ludicrous, fatuous trolling in one paragraph and reasonable assessment in the second, I admit that, but it doesn't mean we should check our reading comprehension skills in at the door a la Snowy and the Contortionist.

Rag on him for the first paragraph, fine. The second? Oh dear. :facepalm

Learn to read; he didn't instruct anyone to pray.

His first paragraph was fatuous, granted. The second just said we should play the game before hailing it as wonderful and wanting a second; that's reasonable, isn't it?

Now it's weird to find ludicrous, fatuous trolling in one paragraph and reasonable assessment in the second, I admit that, but it doesn't mean we should check our reading comprehension skills in at the door a la Snowy and the Contortionist.

Rag on him for the first paragraph, fine. The second? Oh dear. :facepalm
Don't make apologies for stupid statements, blockerdave. It's not a good look for you.

Say "oh dear :facepalm" all you want. Cry me a river.

And advertising yourself as a muppet troll isn't having the effect you might have imagined.

Even if its the crappiest cricket game ever....we would still beg big ant to make the next version...because seriously, who else will make one? :p

Don't make apologies for stupid statements, blockerdave.

didn't make an apology, i called you out for not being able to comprehend what he wrote. Which you confirmed, by not being able to comprehend what i wrote. Thanks for that.

@israr, very true. And i think we have been shown enough to know that this is gonna be a good game. Radically different, but hopefully all the better for that. I don't think anyone reasonable is expecting perfection, but hopefully a very good, solid game that will be successful enough to justify future iterations that will continue to improve.

Well if its crap there'll be plenty ofscope for improvements so a sequel will need to come, and if its great, we will want a sequel, israr is right that it doesn't have much competion either way, can understand block trying to play devils advocate, even the most stupid people sometimes say things that are relevant, even if in this case tab84 was trolling like the bloke under the bridge the three billy goats gruff!! We've seen a lot of great stuff but We don't know how good DB 14 is til we play it, we do know it ain't as bad as Ac13!!!!

Last edited:
There was a discussion a few months back about expectations considering this is the first incarnation, they're not made a cricket game before and AI is very difficult to get right etc. Features are fantastic but Big Ant know that the real test of the game is how it plays.
According to Ross we have no need to lower our expectations... :D

It is the best Cricket game so far, but as discussed it is no FIFA/Madden etc.. that will take time :)

I think the problem IS the expectation levels, given what we've seen this game looks the nuts, but as you said barmy we won't know til we play it, seein people play ia game who are good at it doesn't correlate to how good it will be for someone else but it is a clear example of how good the game can be! COD looks great, sells by the millions and offers fantastic gameplay but its no good for me because I can't get my head round it. IMO Ross comes across as a fan if the sport, and someone who if he's gonna make a game it's got to be as good as He would want it to be, which again IMO is good enough for me first time out. We want a decent game, we've never had a decent game and if he's happy with it I reckon it'll be worth us hangin in through the home stretch. Sooner it comes out the sooner people can make their decision.

If I had said the same about ashes cricket you would have applauded me while sat there at your desk idolising the few glimpses you have seen of the game.

Though I have a lot more of my hopes pinned on DBC than I do for the Ashes game I will not have a biased view.

Your biased view is what had led you to call me 'stupid' merely because I light heartedly implied the game would not release for a while.

Again, your biased and blinded love for DBC is what winds you up everytime you hear a 'negative' comment. Being so biased can cause irrational hate. Such as your verbal abuse towards me. I however have non towards you. Your hate and verbal abuse will not stop me stating my opinion.

This is a forum. Not a fan club.

----------

It is the best Cricket game so far, but as discussed it is no FIFA/Madden etc.. that will take time :)

I appreciate your honesty Ross. Lets be honest, as a first attempt at a cricket game we should not be quick to judge.

If the foundations are laid and Big Ant can continue to build on them we have a lot to look forward to. Not with just this game but hopefully future cricket titles in the series.

Personally I am impressed at the attempt of trying a new control system, whether it eventually works or not is irrelevant to the fact you deserve credit for thinking outside thd box.

Also, if you want to fly me out to Melbourne to try the game please let me know and ill get packed immediately. I am willing to quit my job just to have a play of the game. :-)

I appreciate your honesty Ross. Lets be honest, as a first attempt at a cricket game we should not be quick to judge.

If the foundations are laid and Big Ant can continue to build on them we have a lot to look forward to. Not with just this game but hopefully future cricket titles in the series.

Personally I am impressed at the attempt of trying a new control system, whether it eventually works or not is irrelevant to the fact you deserve credit for thinking outside thd box.

Also, if you want to fly me out to Melbourne to try the game please let me know and ill get packed immediately. I am willing to quit my job just to have a play of the game. :-)

If you look at the very first page of this thread it says the game will be here in 2013. That hasn't changed.

I have no doubt Ross has a date already planned out, however, he doesn't want to announce it until closer just in case.

Eg. If he has picked out the 28th November, and tomorrow AC13 says they are going to release on the 28th... he might adjust his date. Not telling people until as late as possible means there is a little flexibility without breaking any set in stone promises... *cough* Ashes 13 *cough*

Regardless, it will be here in 2013. That hasn't changed - and dare I say, it will be before Christmas too.

I think the problem IS the expectation levels, given what we've seen this game looks the nuts, but as you said barmy we won't know til we play it, seein people play ia game who are good at it doesn't correlate to how good it will be for someone else but it is a clear example of how good the game can be! COD looks great, sells by the millions and offers fantastic gameplay but its no good for me because I can't get my head round it. IMO Ross comes across as a fan if the sport, and someone who if he's gonna make a game it's got to be as good as He would want it to be, which again IMO is good enough for me first time out. We want a decent game, we've never had a decent game and if he's happy with it I reckon it'll be worth us hangin in through the home stretch. Sooner it comes out the sooner people can make their decision.

Agreed. People also need get some perspective if it isn't as amazing as they're expecting when they play it and remember it's only the start.

Agree with the above sentiment...but whether was in a light-hearted manner or not, it is factually wrong, and the last thing we need in here is more people coming up with Grade A bullshit

Bullshit is claiming something to be factual when it is not. Merely a light hearted tongue in cheek comment is not a claim of truth. However the fact the game has not yet released cannot rule out the possibility of it not relrasing in the near future. After all, only one thing is certain about the future, we shall all taste death

Also offering to quit my job to fly over to Melbourne is not 'blind love'. I believe I can find work elsewhere, have sufficient savings to survive for a while if I do not find a job and also to 'try' the game, not to fall in love and start a live in relationship with it. Its the curiosity and the desire to want to play a new cricket game that inspires me to take such drastic steps, not love.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread