Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I will be starting a new career mode without star players in the state sides for a temporary fix, but it would be awesome if the lineups would truly be dynamic and stop players playing in 2 places halfway across the world.

That's largely what I've done in my English career with the counties, taken the established English test players like Root, Ali and Bairstow out and left the likes of Hales, Ballance etc in as they're fringe players. Obviously impossible to know who'll be selected for the international squad but I thought that was as good a methodology as any.

mkstatto

School Cricketer
I could be wrong, but as a spinner I would prefer spin rpm to show instead of mph/kph. This was in DB14 and would help to vary rev speeds.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I really don't understand not being able to view the match review features like partnerships, run rate, etc, at the end of an innings or match. It's the perfect time and it doesn't let you. I'd also hoped the worm feature would be cumulative instead of just run rate alone unless I'm missing something. A toggle option for that would be nice. It would also be nice to be able to use the controlled simulation without the screen being made much darker, as it makes it a bit harder to see what's going on at times. Nothing too major though, I suppose.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I could be wrong, but as a spinner I would prefer spin rpm to show instead of mph/kph. This was in DB14 and would help to vary rev speeds.

I dont know if its by design , but I do sometimes see the RPM`s displayed whilst bowling spinners , but not after every ball.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
This might seem a bit obscure (and not at all important really) but I do think it would be better if there was a bit more control over measurement units. I like my bowling speeds to be in mph, but everything else (player height and weight, matchday temperature on scoreboard, etc) to be in metric. At the moment, I've gone with the imperial measurements as I see the bowling speeds most often, but it would be nice to apply things more individually some time in the future.

papalazarou

Club Captain
I have had rain once - but actually didnt see any rain. The skies were cloudy - but high clouds - and was still sunny. yes sometimes it says its cloudy in forecast but there not a cloud in the sky. Dynamic weather and lighting would be brilliant

I've seen the odd cloud but nothing that has affected the lighting and look in game. Hopefully this can be fine tuned and will be a part of the next patch. I'm really enjoying the game otherwise but a bit of variety in weather and lighting throughout a days play wouldnt go amiss. Crickets a long game, plenty of time for weather to come a go. Its something of a rarity to go a full day here in england with clear blue skies, even in the height of summer!

Actually this could/should be related to the Climate you set for each stadium in the editor. Temperate should have very variable weather and the other end of the scale Arid being fairly static with the other zones lying somewhere in between.

herr_phil

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm probably going to get some evil looks but:

Could we have the ability to have teams with both sexes on it. In my local club we actually play co-ed and my school team was the same way.

And can we have an option to create random players that we can then go into and customize exactly like we had in DBC14? (I'm sure someone mentioned this already)

Rajiv M S

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would suggest They bring in Cricketing records like Most Runs , Highest score , Fastest 100 etc for bowling and batting so that we could try to beat it in our career modes .
One more thing is Player Rankings once you reach International level . I would love to see if these two options get added :)

Edit : typo

Last edited:

Rackemup27

Club Cricketer
This must have been raised before but why on earth is there no review system in limited over international matches? (In career mode)

My suggestion is that reviews are in all formats as per the real game.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There may be an issue with my game, no review opps in odi career for me.

May be restart career time again.

There are a few match types/formats which don't have DRS in place in real life. DBC 17 mirrors the same. Confirm that DRS is supported in the format you are playing before restarting career.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
-When AI has inside edge and runs , the throw is always loopy throw to the stumps and response of the player to get to the ball is real slow, same thing happens when we bat too.

-Online co-op lags heavily when playing with Wireless/4G connection [USB tethering].

-Option to view hotspot and edge-o through anytime, if possible..

-The batsman doesnt dive when a run is called and cancelled, its just a very casual slide of the bat [Career].

-Batsman is very slow to return when advancing down the pitch off a spinner.

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@BigAntStudios @MattW While I do not wish to tag you guys every time. I really hope you guys see this and probably answer.

Would it be by any means possible to increase the Viewport, only in-game for 21:9 resolutions. I understand that creating assets and menus for 21:9 resolutions is not feasible for you guys. Especially not any more. But from the very little that I know about Game development, I guess just increasing the viewport wouldn't be that taxing. The menus and other UI stuff may remain with black bars. That is sort of what Fifa 17 has implemented and I believe that should be a great solution for people like us with 21:9 monitors. And from the reviews on Steam and here I guess plenty of people would benefit from this.

@Dutch What say mate?

Last edited:

Shadowplayer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Is there a reason why the stadium creator is not available when your PS4 is not connected to the internet? at home I have downloaded stadiums which I thought would have gone directly onto the hard drive of my PS4, but find when I take it to my friends to have a game they are just not available and also all my downloaded players become censored, this never happened with DB14 on the PS3, once everything was on the hard drive it didn't matter whether you were connected or not, why the difference with DB17 and the PS4?

Users who are viewing this thread