Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters
I think Funbox were distributor for the PC version, but I can't get onto their website to check for some reason.

that rings a bell that it did change for the PC version...

nitpicking - but why do HES/TruBlu keep copy/pasting the same press release each time and not even correcting the mistakes? "delivery that perfect bouncer" has been winding me up for over a year now and they're still freaking at it.

They do it just for you BD - and if they didn't, I will make sure they now do :)[DOUBLEPOST=1418818599][/DOUBLEPOST]It is our intention to keep the 360/PS3/PC versions in line with the XB1/PS4 versions for the life of the DBC14 product. We couldn't call it DBC14 given the year 15 and I didn't want to misrepresent it as a wholly new version "DBC15" as people might purchase it expecting more variance between it and DBC14.

that rings a bell that it did change for the PC version...

nitpicking - but why do HES/TruBlu keep copy/pasting the same press release each time and not even correcting the mistakes? "delivery that perfect bouncer" has been winding me up for over a year now and they're still freaking at it.

At least they fixed the "Ball hysics" line!

It is our intention to keep the 360/PS3/PC versions in line with the XB1/PS4 versions for the life of the DBC14 product. We couldn't call it DBC14 given the year 15 and I didn't want to misrepresent it as a wholly new version "DBC15" as people might purchase it expecting more variance between it and DBC14.

Makes lots of sense: we always had the same problem when a split release occurred and the Australian versions came out later on. I think "Ashes Cricket 09" on Wii was even just "Cricket" by the time it came out.

It looks from the PR that it's the same featureset: so does this mean no Co-Op? Or are you holding some features back?

Makes lots of sense: we always had the same problem when a split release occurred and the Australian versions came out later on. I think "Ashes Cricket 09" on Wii was even just "Cricket" by the time it came out.
I've always wondered why the reverse didn't happen with IC2010 - rebranding it as Ashes Cricket 2011 with a slight roster update in Australia. After all it was delayed to October or so to try and align it with the Ashes series.

They do it just for you BD - and if they didn't, I will make sure they now do :)[DOUBLEPOST=1418818599][/DOUBLEPOST]It is our intention to keep the 360/PS3/PC versions in line with the XB1/PS4 versions for the life of the DBC14 product. We couldn't call it DBC14 given the year 15 and I didn't want to misrepresent it as a wholly new version "DBC15" as people might purchase it expecting more variance between it and DBC14.

Brilliant marketing work. Avoiding confusion is key here.

Is there anything in the works for extended modding support through the academy? The ability to use the academy through PC (i.e. the demo), and have it on PS4 and Xbone could well replace the need for the PC version for modding, not sure how possible that is on those platforms though.

I've always wondered why the reverse didn't happen with IC2010 - rebranding it as Ashes Cricket 2011 with a slight roster update in Australia. After all it was delayed to October or so to try and align it with the Ashes series.

I don't think it was to try and align it with the Ashes: normally the Aus release was always held back until Cricket season. The rebrand was more to do with giving the 2010 game a definite "One-Day" theme as it came out here just after the World T20 and ahead of the Cricket World Cup (as well as differentiating it from the previous game/making it clearer that it was not just a roster update etc).
Plus, as Ross is saying, there is a risk people will think it's a "new" game if you change names. It's pretty confusing. We got away with it on the Wii version because it was SUCH a different game (and indeed quite a different platform!)

good news,1 qustion bigant, dbc 15 only for xbox and ps4 or including pc,because i ready to buy,but i dont have ps4,but 2 pc i have with high configuration,that's why i am asking

ITS DON BRADMAN CRICKET [ONLY] as its releasing in 2015 it cannot be called as Don bradman cricket 14.Its the same game on PS4 and XB1...

We can safely assume release date to be anywhere between 10th Feb 2015 to 14th Feb 2015. IMO 14th Feb would be perfect to coincide with Opening match of the World cup ;)

Is it exactly the same, but smoother and better frame-rate? Or will there be significantly better graphics also? I hope there's enough to make your existing console generation audience want to upgrade. Surely there must be a few minor things which add up to being worth the upgrade? :)

Will DBC ever end up on PSN store??? I would love to preload it before launch and start playing from day one ;)

Users who are viewing this thread