Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters

dontboycottme

School Cricketer
This is marvelous news. I bought myself a ps4 a few weeks ago and its impossible to go back to last gen console games after playing the ps4. Can't wait for this on ps4

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
No idea . But I thought with the game being essentially the same thing according to all the info at hand , that it would be possible.

Thought/Hoped? you were gonna bring all five the scattered parties ie. PS3 ,PS4 , PC , Xbox and XboxOne together for a much wider online audience.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I hadn't even thought about it. Are there other games that have successfully done it?
This was R* response when asked

“Can PS4 players play GTA Online with PS3 players?” – IG:evil_gamer505
We absolutely love being able to push the boundaries of what can be done in a dynamic online world like GTA Online, but certain things are not technically possible right now and this is one of them. Unfortunately, there is no technical way that we could enable players to play in the same lobby with one another across different types or generations of game consoles. It is also impossible to enable PC players to join console-based lobbies.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It might be technically possible, but not allowed due to platform restrictions. Big Ant can't even show the names of the creators of teams from Xbox on a PS3 - let alone have online multiplayer between them.

A quick bing suggests PS3 to PS4 might be possible -
Can PS4 and PS3 users play together online, cross-platform?
The functionality is technically possible and some developers may choose to support it for their titles.
From the Sony blog

Most of the examples of it in practice however are just MMOs. The slightest bit of lag takes a great online experience to glitchy mess every quickly - so I don't imagine online between two console generations would be that practical, given how hard it is to get it right on a single platform.

Of course, PS3 and PS4 would be the vast majority of players, so it might be worth the investment in at least seeing if it is possible.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
^^Wouldn't that make it super glitchy with the graphics and configuration difference??

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I thought PS3 and PS4 ran on different servers because of the need to have PlayStation Plus in order to play online on next gen, whereas you don't on old gen.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
playstation plus is available for old gen too i guess
Playstation plus is there for PS3 as well but in PS4 its compulsory to play online...[DOUBLEPOST=1420184890][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well you can play online between a high spec and a low spec PC.
Agreed...
I thought PS3 and PS4 ran on different servers because of the need to have PlayStation Plus in order to play online on next gen, whereas you don't on old gen.
What about this Matt??

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
What about this Matt??
Well it's Sony themselves saying it's possible. Servers wouldn't come into it much, the online play is peer to peer, so it would only be the matchmaking server that would be shared, maybe that's something Big Ant would host.

I'd think it would be extremely unlikely, and unless it's trivial to implement, there's a lot of things their development time would be beter spent on.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Looking forward to getting this on Ps4, will it have all the pc patches?
PS4/Xbox One have a similar patching process to PS3/360 - so it'll be the same situation, the PC version will get updates and then once they think they've fixed a good amount of bugs or added new features, they'd then do a bigger patch out to the consoles.

The current PS4 version is slightly ahead of the PC version, and includes all of the things added since patch 2.5 on the old consoles - like the scoreboard on pause.

D

Deleted member 149013

I've no idea how you got to that conclusion from the next gen announcement.
I don’t know what is used when it comes to connecting players playing online but right now it feels like a piece of string and two paper cups. You have the error or unable to join game this comes up 5 or 6 times when trying to play a game and when you are in the frame of mind to play it is gone by the time you have turned the playstation, internet on and off 6 times. I know the error is not on my side because I play other online games without failure to connect or very slow delay (lag). If Big Ant put money into better connecting people than things like table top cricket it be further down the road. Also the PC version looks far more advanced than the console which leaves you feeling ripped off as it more or less is the same game. Online really needs looking at before the PS4 version is even talked about I am sorry to complain but it’s really bad. On the plus side it’s great that a company has had a go at making a cricket game.

Users who are viewing this thread