Eddie's Gameplay patch

hammudy

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Eddie said:
yes i did, i added the whole" risk & reward" situation....you may get 4 or 6 runs, but if you don't time it 100% you have an increased chance of getting out.

yup i just tried the updated cover drive shot...a lil early shot results in edges to the keeper...same with other shots

Eddie

International Cricketer
hammudy said:
yup i just tried the updated cover drive shot...a lil early shot results in edges to the keeper...same with other shots

yeap , you'll have to play you way in a bit and get your confidence meter up a bit before trying expansive shots.

hammudy

Club Cricketer
i figured that out eddie....great patch dude...now its time i turn my game setting to hard ;)

sam p

School Cricketer
Eddie,

Any chance you can list exactly what changes you've made...eg specifically which shots you've edited, which fields, pitch conditions, etc? Then keep your first post of this thread up to date with the latest info if you make additional changes?

hammudy

Club Cricketer
Eddie said:
let me know how that goes..

u can take the below as a short review ;)

ok i am back playing 10 and 50 overs ODI matchs on hard....and i must say that it really was hard...u can hit the ball freely but as the patch does...u cant break loose from the very 1st ball...u need to get ur confidence meter to fill 1st

in this process u will be hitting the ball in all directions unlike before where we used to hit on the mid-on for sixers and fours

in other words for a person who wants to play a long game but not as long as a test match can go for a 50 over ODI on hard now coz each ball tests u...and with the edited ODI settings in the patch u can see the diff.

edges are a lot now and YES they are all natural looking ones unlike before when the ball justed didnt edge when it was supposed to...most of the edges come in for new batsmen, early or late timing and wrong placement and also using the six hit button wrongly to pace the innings.

i also tried a lil of test match...and played a complete day ( ingame ) and scored around 200+ with a few wickets down which is quite realistic.

so i conclude that eddie's patch is a must have...hats off to u eddie...my next test will be tutsi's patch and then will make a comparision on it...till then peace out

groobz

Club Cricketer
is version 1 on the first page the one that has changes made to it? where can i your new patch?

Eddie

International Cricketer
is version 1 on the first page the one that has changes made to it? where can i your new patch?

the one on the first page is the latest one.

Eddie

International Cricketer
66 people have now downloaded the patch, any of them care to share their views/reviews?

Anything in particular you want me to work on?

betts

School Cricketer
yep sorry eddie , i like this patch , cant say ive found many problems , alltho sometimes the straight drive goes a liitle squarer . good work edd

groobz

Club Cricketer
played a game Aus(me) vs WI, 50over, normal pitch, on hard level

batted first
all out in the 40th over for 174. Hayden finished up with 85.

pretty impressed with the patch, lots of variety, it seems if i hit the ball slightly earlier the ball rockets off the bat faster? drives are cool, if timed well it goes to the covers, but its very hard to get the ball going straight. It seems the later you time it the straighter it goes but with less power, so it usually fails to go through the field. Back foot cover and on drives are great! but backfoot drive needs more power.

anyway i've got 174 to defend against the windies,, so i'll go have a bowl now :)

groobz

Club Cricketer
another thing i noticed was the rundown to third man shot needs to have more power. I'm bowling now, at the 20th over and w.i are 2/87 at the moment.

Satish555

Club Captain
yep eddie i would like to share a few things. this patch is great. best made so far!!! i love this patch. the batting is now easier and i can score better in odi's but doesnt mean that it isnt hard. its still a bit hard when u time the ball wrong. but the patch is extremely realistic. i love this patch.

but i also have a few problems. here they are:

1. bowling cursor while bowling, for humans is too big.= we have had this in other patches too with ravi and stuff. maybe it just needs to be big while editing patches id dont know. but i dont like it that way.2. on top of that , as timing the ball is made easier , spu hits all balls perfectly timed. so it makes it doubly difficult to bowl. 3. some of the shots need to be tweaked. eg. the front foot six hit.now ill tell u something and u wont believe me but i hit a ball and in 1 sec it flew as fast and high. it was out of the ground. just 1 sec maybe less. the computer didnt know wot to do so it just showed the heavens. the ball wasnt even in sight in the fielding map/cirle/bar. this shot relly need better timing and improve ment cause its really easy to hit front foot strait.

well thats it. cant have no more complaints about this patch cause its so great. the best so far to me. but i hope u take these things in consideration for the next patch . by the way when is the next patch? cant wait!!

:cheers

Eddie

International Cricketer
i hope u take these things in consideration for the next patch . by the way when is the next patch? cant wait!!

hopefully sometime this weekend.

Just out of interest, what sort of totals have the CPU been making in ODI's?

When you mention the total can u also note:

- difficulty (med or hard)
- Pitch type & overhead conditions
- Teams involved (Eng, Aus , NXL..etc)

cheers

toonraider

School Cricketer
only prob with patch is bowling
bowling on a length can bowl cpu out very easily

Users who are viewing this thread