Editing International Cricket Captain (General Thread)

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You've got an older version of the editor. On the newest one you just need to navigate to a profile page and click load.

lewigie

School Cricketer
If anyone is getting unhandled errors, make sure .net framework is installed, and then right click the editor and go Run As Administrator. That's what fixed it for me.

You also have to have a saved game for it to work aswell.

Crise

School Cricketer
hey ppl.. is der ne way to change the county team using editor?? also is der ne way to edit the finance??

MaFeeLi

School Cricketer
This is in ICC 2010 mind you.

I'm Running windows 7, have installed .NETFramework and everything. Loaded up a game, picked out a profile, entered the DOB and I just get an error all the time!

Have an identical problem. I've used an editor with previous versions of the game.

AceV13

School Cricketer
So, I looked through this thread, and couldn't see a solution.

I brought the CD copy of ICC 2010 today, and have downloaded the 2010 Editor. I open the game, open my save, then open the editor, then the players profile. Yet when I click load on the profile, I keep getting 'attempted to divide by zero'.

I think this is just because I have 10.19 installed, so is there a way to revert back to a older version so I can use the editor?

Chewie

BCCI President
It will be because you've got a newer version installed, but unfortunately there is no way to get back to an older version

Idlers

School Cricketer
Any ideas whether any of these capabilities will be possible on a Mac? Even just a viewer?

Max Peters

Club Captain
Can someone please show me how to edit the ages of players in ICC 2011 using artmoney. It would be much appreciated.

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
Couldn't get my hands on the editor, but now have pretty much decoded the entire 2011 data structure using Artmoney. Figured out start/finish of record, figured out all the stats (past, present, etc) mostly so that I knew they wouldn't be locations for permanent attributes. Bunch of other stuff too, especially which hexes don't change during a season (and therefore hold permanent data) although that's not a constant rule and there are many things that yet elude me.

In particular I've figured out the hexes for bowling ability, bowling aggression and bowler type (eg RFM, RF, etc). What I'm trying to figure out now is the hexes for bowler accuracy, for the conditions under which they get an advantage, for degree of movement, etcetera. I've narrowed this down to about a half dozen hexes which it could be.

What would be really helpful is if people could post their subjective views on bowlers in ICC2011. For example, if you've got someone who goes absolutely mental when it's overcast and bends it around corners, but is otherwise useless, that'd be very useful to know! Similarly if you've got a spinner who turns the ball square, as well as a spinner of the same type who barely turns it at all in the same conditions.

Given concerns about cheating online, I propose to share results only via PM.

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
Oh, yes. Also: bowler stamina. If you can post the results of how many overs your bowler lasts bowling at minimum aggression under full sun, that'd be very helpful indeed. Would be good to rule out whichever hex governs this, and I don't think it should be too hard to do.

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
Think I might have figured out a hex for "prodigious movement", as well as the hex for catching ability.

Chewie

BCCI President
If you've done all that you've done much more than we've ever managed to do

mrtwisties

Club Cricketer
If you've done all that you've done much more than we've ever managed to do

Don't want to overpromise, some of this is still in testing. I've definitely found the appearance / catching / bowler economy hexes, but I'm not 100% sure how they work yet. Needs more testing.

Also, I've realised I'm still missing the stats hexes for the second team and also the stats hexes for the most recent performances (in the batting/bowling form pages): I forgot to look for those earlier on, but am fairly confident that I know how to find them.

Finally, I'm 80% confident I've narrowed down the number of hexes that could possibly govern the bowling abilities. The overall structure of the data is very ordered, very logical. It would surprise me hugely if there were any bowling hexes that weren't within +/- 2 rows of the bowling ability hex.

On that note:
  • Frefort has pointed out that accuracy (as opposed to aggression) is basically "the number of extras". So if you've got a bowler who bowls heaps of extras, or a bowler who bowls not very many extras, I'd love to know.
  • Still not 100% sure I understand how the abilities to exploit overcast conditions for conventional swing, generate reverse swing, extract bounce etcetera are governed. Definitely need people to help me out with descriptions of bowlers who are really good at these things, so I can extract them from the database and make comparisons across the "big seven" unidentified bowling hexes.

Users who are viewing this thread