Editor for Cricket Captain 2018 (Release)

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
It would be great if you can set the bowling skill randomness to 725 to 1000 with potential from 0 to -150

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
This version is not loading, unfortunately. Disabled my antivirus but still didn't work.
2020-05-16-12-35-41.jpg

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
It's working fine now. What does the Statistics tab do? Will changing the statistics affect the player's ability.

I don't think changing statistics has any effect on the player's ability. It is possible that a player with very good averages would be selected to play for their country, but I don't know if the AI cares about statistics, or just hidden ability/potential attributes. I haven't tested this.

My main reason for adding statistics to the editor was because they take up a very large part of the player's total data. I just wanted to know where the statistics are stored, so I don't have to look there for other things I want to find (e.g. fielding ability, bowling aggression, etc). In the past, some people have been interested in editing statistics, so I thought I may as well add it to the editor.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Stats do play a huge role in player performance, I can confirm it , I change the stats of a mediocre player to be very good and he starts performing much better , without altering the ability.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Stats do play a huge role in player performance, I can confirm it , I change the stats of a mediocre player to be very good and he starts performing much better , without altering the ability.

Which stats did you change? And over how many years did you test this?

I did some quick tests and can't see any obvious difference to performance at all.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
OK, altering stats do not make a difference. I have Shaheen Shah Afridi with 4.5 wickets per FC game at an average of under 20. Still did not get selected to play a single Test match. Whereas regenerated players with inferior stats get selected regularly. It has to do with player creation and some hidden attribute I feel.

The only thing that'll make this game realistic is manual selection of opposition team along with the editor to alter the skill levels.

For example, I changed Marnus Labuschagne skill level to 1810 and he did get selected ultimately but has a Test average of 30 over 25 games and 35 over 50 Odis. Each player in the game definitely has some other hidden attribute I'd assume.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
OK, altering stats do not make a difference. I have Shaheen Shah Afridi with 4.5 wickets per FC game at an average of under 20. Still did not get selected to play a single Test match. Whereas regenerated players with inferior stats get selected regularly. It has to do with player creation and some hidden attribute I feel.

The only thing that'll make this game realistic is manual selection of opposition team along with the editor to alter the skill levels.
Yeah, I'm not too surprised by this. Somehow, I always thought the AI didn't look at stats.

I changed Marnus Labuschagne skill level to 1810 and he did get selected ultimately but has a Test average of 30 over 25 games and 35 over 50 Odis. Each player in the game definitely has some other hidden attribute I'd assume.

This is very interesting. Did Labuschagne get good scores in domestic cricket? I always wondered if the game had some separate hidden attribute for international performance. There are some very famous examples of English batsmen dominating domestic cricket, but never really doing well in international cricket (Graeme Hick, Mark Ramprakash, etc), so I think it is possible the developers could have included an attribute for this.

If this attribute exists, then it is also likely that the AI uses it to select players.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
His first class average was around 43 and ODI average was around 40. Another strange case was Rassie van Der Dussen. He got selected in 2024 season after notching up FC average of 47 and List A of 50. But after a season, his Test average was 24 (12 Tests) and 32 (26 ODIs).

Still feel that there is some player linked attribute that's hidden. These 3 could also be aberrations but in spite of increasing their skill every season, they're not performing or selected in Tests, ODIs, T20s.

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Still feel that there is some player linked attribute that's hidden.

I think there are probably many hidden attributes. The data for each player is many kilobytes and the only hidden attributes we have (maybe) found are ability and potential for batting and bowling. In total, that's only 16 bytes! A few kilobytes are related to visible stuff (like statistics), but there's still a lot I have no idea about.

Today, I think I found bowling aggression and one-day bowling aggression (which is 2 more bytes in total). Using the same method, I think I will now be able to find fielding ability.

It is difficult to find hidden attributes when we don't even know which attributes might exist. For example, I wonder if some players have higher "natural fitness" than others. I wonder if some players will perform best in big games, but others will crack under the pressure. I wonder if some players are more consistent than others. It would be quite difficult to find these sorts of things, but hopefully they will eventually be found.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Which stats did you change? And over how many years did you test this?

I did some quick tests and can't see any obvious difference to performance at all.
I used it on a person who had initial skill of 800 and potential rating being 1800 , his FC and od avgs were 19 and 22 , I crank up the stats so that his avg in DC and od becomes 40 and 38 , next season his fc and od avg were 37 and 35 fc and od respectively, not sure if it is because of stats boost or potential attribute, however his initial skill went up to 1000 by the end of that successful season so I conclude that stats and potential attributes are linked somehow to boost initial skill ratings[DOUBLEPOST=1589776141][/DOUBLEPOST]I can say if you perform well than your skills gain definitely gets a boost up so I artificially increased the performance by boosting the stats.

Users who are viewing this thread