England - A New Revolution...

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
storybannerwp3.jpg

skysportsbannerhc8.jpg

TOUGH GETS THE CALL

After England's 3-1 penalty shootout defeat to Portugal last year, and a poor start to the Euro 2008 qualifiers, Sven Goran-Eriksson's successor has been confirmed as former Coventry, Celtic, West Ham and Lyon manager Craig Tough.

The Chief Executive of the Football Assosiation (FA) has said he was one of the shortlist of 5 managers and that Tough was the right way forward for England. The other four managers are believed to be Mark Hughes, Luis-Felipe Scolari, Steve McClaren and Fabio Capello, however both Steve McClaren and Fabio Capello are said to have both turned down the post due to personal reasons, however it is not known the exact shortlist.

Tough's first obstacle will be to pick his squad for the Euro 2008 qualifiers using the friendlies which face him in the near future. Also, Tough will set a Captain and Vice Captain for the coming games and beyond too.

A huge task faces Tough, as he has been told by Brian Barwick and many of the England fans around the country that if he is to outstay his 6 year contract, he needs to win a major trophy, something England have only achieved once in their history, 40 years ago.

The big news is that Tough is still the manager of Premier League side West Ham United, and Tough has said he wishes to carry out his 3 year contract with the Hammers and that running the English National team and West Ham United will not be a problem for him, in fact seeing English football every week will be an aid into the way he manages the National side.

covlad-99 added 11 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Obviously guys, this story runs with the West Ham story and processes at the same time as well, so updates will be a lot more spread out on this one, the next game being in 25 days against Israel, so to see how long, go and look at the West Ham story, and see what days we're on!

I thought it would be a nice extra twist! Hope you like it.

Last edited:

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Great start Craig, if you need a sig i'll make you one now.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
skysportsbannerhc8.jpg

BECKHAM ANNOUNCED AS ENGLAND CAPTAIN

New England Manager Craig Tough has named David Beckham as his first choice captain. Beckham had initially stepped down as Captain last week after England's exit from the World Cup, however he has accepted the captaincy purely because he feels he wants to be a part of the 'New Era' of English football.

Tough has said Beckham has to deal with far too much stick than he deserves, and he is the most worthy player England have. He also went on to add that he believes Beckham to be the model professional and the perfect role model to anyone taking up sport. Tough also stated that he believes Beckham to be the most consistent midfielder at his disposal and that Beckham is the best passer and crosser of the ball he has witnessed in his entire lifetime, and was extremely happy when Beckham accepted the captaincy. Some fans believe Beckham is 'too old' to play a part in England's first team set up, however Tough has hit back at these statements by saying what team does well without any experienced players? And also he said "All the English fans do is moan at results, and the fans should listen to me, as I am the one that picks the team, and my opinion is far superior to theirs, so if the fans want something done and feel they could do a better job, go and take up management as it sounds like they could be on ?500K a week as well" stamping his authority on the post.

FA Executive Brian Barwick says he is a 'huge fan' of Tough's 'I'm the boss' style of management, and he believes that discipline is the only way England are going to win anything.

Tough's first game will be against Israel at Wembley on the 8th September in a crucial European Championship qualifier, however Tough did say he may arrange some friendlies before this date.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Beckham captain!? You're having a laugh. Some new era. Barry for captain! Great start to the story, nice presentation and lay out

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
David Beckham Seccombe is the biggest legand, I love him, he will lead from the frony

awesome twist love it mate :p

covlad-99

International Cricketer
I can't believe what some of you are saying about Beckham. Every other bloody player England have are absolute garbage! As for Steven Gerrard, everyone is up his arse when all he does is give the ball away for England! And he did bugger all against T&T on Sunday, against probably the Wordls worst team! Beckham is the best leader in the country and not just anyone can get 100 caps for their country. Seriously, all you Beckham haters need to shape up. What a disgraceful way to treat someone who has dedicated all of his life to football.

covlad-99 added 5 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

And also, everyone goes on about how poor England are, but then they go and tell you to use all of the young players instead of picking the best team! Thats why England are poor. If the England manager didn't give a toss what the fans said, we would have been World Cup winners about 5 times by now. And I think we all know who knows more about football, and its not the fans!

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Lol trev :p But seriously, a lot of people treat Beckham like a piece of dog turd, when without him, we would be even more useless! If it wasn't for his absolutely amazing free kick against Greece we would't have qualified for the Euro 2004 either, so there you go.

covlad-99 added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

And also, Jaz still isn't back, so there will be no update in this thread or the other. Sorry :(

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Lol trev :p But seriously, a lot of people treat Beckham like a piece of dog turd, when without him, we would be even more useless! If it wasn't for his absolutely amazing free kick against Greece we would't have qualified for the Euro 2004 either, so there you go.

covlad-99 added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

And also, Jaz still isn't back, so there will be no update in this thread or the other. Sorry :(
I don't treat him like dog turd. I respect him and think he was a world class player at one time. He deserves to be in the squad still because his crosses are better than any other english player. However I don't believe in this "new revolution" he should be captain. He led his team well but I think it's time to make way for...Gareth Barry :D

covlad-99

International Cricketer
I think that is very true M Vaughan, however Beckham is the exception. And trev, the 'New Revolution' is just basically meaning England has changed ownership for the first time in 7 years (as Sven was manager 7 years prior). And Barry will never be my captain! Hes a Villa player! Although I do admit, he is a class act, like Becks. I think he should always start for England, and perhaps captain the side one day, but he is underrated on FM!

As I have said on the other thread, the next update SHOULD be around 9pm as Jaz and I will play it out at around 8pm depending on how quick I win my cricket match!

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
I think that is very true M Vaughan, however Beckham is the exception. And trev, the 'New Revolution' is just basically meaning England has changed ownership for the first time in 7 years (as Sven was manager 7 years prior). And Barry will never be my captain! Hes a Villa player! Although I do admit, he is a class act, like Becks. I think he should always start for England, and perhaps captain the side one day, but he is underrated on FM!

As I have said on the other thread, the next update SHOULD be around 9pm as Jaz and I will play it out at around 8pm depending on how quick I win my cricket match!

i think that's aimed towards me lol. Yes I know Barry will never be your captain, i'm just saying he is capable of being a world class captain for England in real life. I'm trying to make this sound realistic lol.

Users who are viewing this thread