England Team Discussion

C

Chris Swift

This would have been a good series to try something new.but no, same old crap again.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am all for giving people a chance and think Stoneman did enough to have another go but Vince????
I actually liked what I saw of Vince. Yes, he didn't go on to get big scores but he did manage to get starts in almost all the innings that he played. And that I think shows that he has it in him to be successful at this level. He will need fine tuning for sure, but for that he will need chances.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Problem with Vince is that although he’s looked the part, he doesn’t have runs in tests or FC cricket to back his poor form. If someone like Root, Cook, Bairstow etc. don’t perform it’s easy to say we look at their past test/FC form where as Vince has been poor in County Cricket and in tests which makes him an annoying pick for some

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Quick few questions...

1. Why is Joe Root captain of England? I literally remember him making his debut yesterday...?

2. Why do we have one captain for ODI and another for Test and I'm guessing one for T20....ODI & Test captain should be the same guy if he's playing in the team.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Quick few questions...

1. Why is Joe Root captain of England? I literally remember him making his debut yesterday...?

2. Why do we have one captain for ODI and another for Test and I'm guessing one for T20....ODI & Test captain should be the same guy if he's playing in the team.
He debuted in 2012, more than five years ago, and is their best batsman, and one of the best in the world. Cook resigned after the Asian tour last year.
Eoin Morgan took over the LOs captaincy in 2015, when Root wasn't Test captain, and has done well, so there's no reason to sack him, i guess.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
He debuted in 2012, more than five years ago, and is their best batsman, and one of the best in the world. Cook resigned after the Asian tour last year.
Eoin Morgan took over the LOs captaincy in 2015, when Root wasn't Test captain, and has done well, so there's no reason to sack him, i guess.

Root just doesn't seem like captain material to me, seems really timid not like a leader. Also I find it really weird the test captain is in the ODI side but not as a captain...

D

Deleted member 46200

Cannot wait for the ODI series to start, much better selections and finally the aussies will be given a challenge.
Same here, although I'm an Australian by birth I want a close thrilling series. Fingers crossed.[DOUBLEPOST=1515883062][/DOUBLEPOST]
Root just doesn't seem like captain material to me, seems really timid not like a leader. Also I find it really weird the test captain is in the ODI side but not as a captain...
He hasn't been asking for his mummy as much this past year... !

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ben Stokes has been charged with affray. He'll go to trial

D

Dutch

Yup we can write him off being in an England shirt for a while and if found guilty.....who knows. Stupid bugger! Whatever the heroics may be he shouldnt be there......

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yup we can write him off being in an England shirt for a while and if found guilty.....who knows. Stupid bugger! Whatever the heroics may be he shouldnt be there......

Yup a moments madness can have life changing implications. Just hope actual justice is done in this case, whatever that may be.....

D

Dutch

Well I am very surprised to be honest: they must know something we dont.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well I am very surprised to be honest: they must know something we dont.
What if the trial starts while he's playing for England? Do they even have a PR department?

D

Dutch

What if the trial starts while he's playing for England? Do they even have a PR department?
I think they know something about the trial and the chances of him being convicted: perhaps they have some inside info about where the case is headed. I cant believe they would select him otherwise.......maybe the other guys intend to plead guilty?

Users who are viewing this thread