Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think they know something about the trial and the chances of him being convicted: perhaps they have some inside info about where the case is headed. I cant believe they would select him otherwise.......maybe the other guys intend to plead guilty?
Yeah, probably

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yup we can write him off being in an England shirt for a while and if found guilty.....who knows. Stupid bugger! Whatever the heroics may be he shouldnt be there......

I always thought Stokes is as stupid as he looks.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Jofra Archer appears to be the best fast bowling prospect in England. He is also one of the world's best fielders, and a batsman with a first-class average of 37. Having last represented the West Indies Under-19s in October 2013, he was eligible for England selection a few weeks prior to this game where Jake Ball played instead. However, England have not selected him because of their own rule which states seven years, not four, as the qualifying period to wear a shirt with three lions on it. This is quite a new rule, and one which were it applied earlier on would have robbed the England side of Craig Kieswetter's World Twenty20 heroics, or Kevin Pietersen's Ashes heroics or Andy Caddick's fighting spells in the West Indies. If the risk of losing out on a talent who must surely have attracted the attention of the West Indies selectors by now is what it takes for the ECB to realise that this attempt at a crowd-pleasing rule threatens to backfire spectacularly, then so be it.

Pick the best team available, England. Please.

How healthy would the seam-bowling reserves suddenly look with Anderson, Archer, Broad, Roland-Jones, Stokes and Woakes all vying for selection?

Jetty

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Plunkett 30.22
Woakes 31.83
Willey 35.94
Stokes 38.20
Wood 44.16
Ball 45.28 econ 6.22

Curran, only 3 games but bowling 15.28 and batting 46.00 :yes

Just can't see why Wood and Ball are playing.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Jofra Archer appears to be the best fast bowling prospect in England. He is also one of the world's best fielders, and a batsman with a first-class average of 37. Having last represented the West Indies Under-19s in October 2013, he was eligible for England selection a few weeks prior to this game where Jake Ball played instead. However, England have not selected him because of their own rule which states seven years, not four, as the qualifying period to wear a shirt with three lions on it. This is quite a new rule, and one which were it applied earlier on would have robbed the England side of Craig Kieswetter's World Twenty20 heroics, or Kevin Pietersen's Ashes heroics or Andy Caddick's fighting spells in the West Indies. If the risk of losing out on a talent who must surely have attracted the attention of the West Indies selectors by now is what it takes for the ECB to realise that this attempt at a crowd-pleasing rule threatens to backfire spectacularly, then so be it.

Pick the best team available, England. Please.

How healthy would the seam-bowling reserves suddenly look with Anderson, Archer, Broad, Roland-Jones, Stokes and Woakes all vying for selection?
Might not be a popular view but as a neutral I'd much rather seem him in West Indies colours to be honest considering the dearth of talent that they have in that department right now. It's very hard to look past just Holder and Alzarri Joseph as the future of fast bowling for the West Indies and with Ronsford Beaton being reported for a suspect action where else can they turn?
That being said I have no idea about his personal allegiances.

Jetty

School Cricketer
Odean Smith or Oshane Thomas 93.4 and 93.0.... can they do it in first class cricket?

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Might not be a popular view but as a neutral I'd much rather seem him in West Indies colours to be honest considering the dearth of talent that they have in that department right now. It's very hard to look past just Holder and Alzarri Joseph as the future of fast bowling for the West Indies and with Ronsford Beaton being reported for a suspect action where else can they turn?
That being said I have no idea about his personal allegiances.

You can thank the WI cricket board for that.

You'll notice a lot of players simply not playing for their nations and instead of going from T20 league to league around the globe. Jofra Archer probably realized that the best way for him to play lots of crickets at a competitive level is through England.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Not trying to be a douche but when was the last time England actually won a game away from home. All I remember is 4-0 against India in 2016 4-0 against Aus in 2017 5-0 against Aus in 2013 and already a failure in this 2 match series against NZ.Mind you im talking about test cricket as well

Last edited:

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Not trying to be a douche but when was the last time England actually won a game away from home. All I remember is 4-0 against India in 2016 4-0 against Aus in 2017 5-0 against Aus in 2013 and already a failure in this 2 match series against ND. Mind you im talking about test cricket as well

We beat South Africa twice in 2015/16 and Bangladesh once later on in 2016. Then we lost the second Test to them and then got annihilated by India, so that first Test against Bangladesh would be the last one. It's been a while since, haha!

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
We beat South Africa twice in 2015/16 and Bangladesh once later on in 2016. Then we lost the second Test to them and then got annihilated by India, so that first Test against Bangladesh would be the last one. It's been a while since, haha!
Oh ok thanks.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I seriously think England will win the 2019 world cup!
It's going to be put down to how consistent the English are. If they're consistent, there's a fair chance of winning the cup. Their inconsistency was shown during CT when they had one off day against Pakistan where they completely lost the cup in one game. They need to be able to win crucial games.

There are other contenders as well. I feel India, New Zealand, SA and Pak can seriously challenge England as they too have good teams. India can challenge teams with the two leggies and solid batting order. New Zealand have very good bowlers in Boult and Southee. SA is weakened by exit of AB, but they still have a chance as always. Pakistan on the back of their CT win have a decent chance as well, because they tend to perform in big tournaments more often than not. This can be anyone's cup, not only England. Every team has its flaws and strengths.

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
It's going to be put down to how consistent the English are. If they're consistent, there's a fair chance of winning the cup. Their inconsistency was shown during CT when they had one off day against Pakistan where they completely lost the cup in one game. They need to be able to win crucial games.

There are other contenders as well. I feel India, New Zealand, SA and Pak can seriously challenge England as they too have good teams. India can challenge teams with the two leggies and solid batting order. New Zealand have very good bowlers in Boult and Southee. SA is weakened by exit of AB, but they still have a chance as always. Pakistan on the back of their CT win have a decent chance as well, because they tend to perform in big tournaments more often than not. This can be anyone's cup, not only England. Every team has its flaws and strengths.
Kiwis can have a chance but seriously, Pakistan? They won by mistake that trophy. I think the match was fixed. And south Africa have no chance. Even with ABD, they would have lost.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Moeen Ali out! Can Scotland actually do this???

Users who are viewing this thread