England Team Discussion

D

Dutch

Hey @blockerdave why not Ian Bell :p

Actually I mean lets face it he does have the experience........*

*This might actually be a return troll for your AMA thread ;)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
D

Dutch

"I foolishly attempted to copy the clip after I saw it a few times"

Don't like the the fact that this is another chance for Katie Price to hog the limelight but that is bang out of order.
Feck me Stokes is an effing dickhead....buuuuut he needs to play :p

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Feck me Stokes is an effing dickhead....buuuuut he needs to play :p

Episodes like this won’t help that cause though. Perhaps he doesn’t fancy touring this winter and would rather concentrate on his drinking ..!

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I expect this will appeal mostly to the older members, but is anyone familiar with Peter Tinniswood's "Tales From A Long Room"? Either the books, or the audio versions read by the late Robin Bailey? Extremely funny cricketing stories written in the early 80's.

Some of the audio stories are on Youtube, and are well worth listening to. Classic British humour.

Jetty

School Cricketer
Reading through this thread and in 2015 I came across this - :lol

Sky Sports have out together a team they think will play the next Ashes test in Brisbane.

1. Cook
2. Hales
3. Root
4. Vince
5. Hain
6. Stokes
7. Buttler
8. Rashid
9. Willey
10. Broad
11. Finn

Anway Finn heading home and T Curran is called up.

Last edited:

Jetty

School Cricketer
George Garton is called up for Ball cover. I expect it was because he bowls left-arm quick and England want some practice before facing Starc. I think Josh Tongue is a better bowler. 47 wickets at 25.78 last season. Garton 10 wickets at 32.90.

hawkeye

Club Cricketer
When first chosen for Tests, cricketers, even some of the most confident, speak of harbouring doubts about their ability to perform at that elite level. The step-up in class can be significant, daunting, and players frequently find that bridging the gap is not that straightforward. Some admit to a sense of inadequacy, of feeling like an imposter intruding on a domain they have no right being a part of.

Often, this self-doubt is not assuaged until their first significant performance — a five-wicket haul perhaps, or maybe a century. “Afterwards I had a feeling of relief,” revealed former England batsman Nasser Hussain upon scoring his first Test century against India at Edgbaston in 1996. “I had a Test hundred and nobody could take that away from me. More importantly, I now knew I could score a hundred at that level, and once you have done something once you feel you can do it again.”

Dawid-Malan-AP-Ashes.jpg

England's Dawid Malan celebrates scoring 100 runs against Australia during their Ashes Test at Perth. AP

After playing at the first-class level for over 10 years, 30-year-old England batsman Dawid Malan made his debut in July against South Africa at The Oval. His very first try ended in some ignominy when he was left sprawling by a scorching Kagiso Rabada yorker that disturbed his stumps. He had made one. From there, things never really got going. In his seven Tests prior to Perth, the left-hander totaled just 297 runs at an average of 24.75.

His selection for the Ashes was not met with unanimous approval. That was fair enough since even he would agree that he had not set the cricket world alight. Improvements were certainly required if he fancied of a lengthy Test career.

This Ashes series, then, was do-or-die for the batsman. He began well enough, scoring 56 during the first innings in Brisbane. But it is at Perth that he took a stand for his team and for his career. Joining the fray at 115/3, which soon deteriorated to 131/4 when Mark Stoneman was dismissed under controversial circumstances, Malan weathered a searching short-pitched onslaught from Australia’s phalanx of lightning-quick speedsters on a surface with pace, bounce and carry.

Firstpost

D

Dutch

So the whole team stays the same: vince and stoneman go to nz.........

D

Dutch

Another series I can pass up on then........
I am all for giving people a chance and think Stoneman did enough to have another go but Vince???? I would rather see Malan move up to three, Bairstow move up a place, have Ali just batting and bring in a young spinner....[DOUBLEPOST=1515624409][/DOUBLEPOST]Just imagine Cook, broad and Anderson not there either.....there s not much that the team brings....

Users who are viewing this thread