England tour of India (5 Tests)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Virgin BCCI “must average over 50 in FC, have a successful IPL and India A record” selection versus Chad ECB “look good on the social media clip and be tall” selection.
A bit like getting excited about a footballer cause of a package of their best bits on YouTube. But, I think with cricket it's easier to judge a bowler based on the basics.

Certainly shows the value of all county games being streamed.

angloindian

Banned
Virgin BCCI “must average over 50 in FC, have a successful IPL and India A record” selection versus Chad ECB “look good on the social media clip and be tall” selection.

This is the modern equivalent of Imran from Pakistan watching bowlers in the nets and going to fight for their selection.

And in terms of the wider test thread, England shaping up as follows:
Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes (c), Ben Foakes (wk), Rehan Ahmed, Tom Hartley, Shoaib Bashir, Jimmy Anderson

I think the side will miss Wood's pace...Jimmy will get slaughtered by the Indian batting line up. Even debutants will take apart his 75mph nothing deliveries.

Edit: I say this but expect another riveting test as India are missing some key players.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A bit like getting excited about a footballer cause of a package of their best bits on YouTube. But, I think with cricket it's easier to judge a bowler based on the basics.

Certainly shows the value of all county games being streamed.

Ben Stokes being the champion for FTA domestic cricket was not on my bingo card… but here we are.

Does this mean that the man is truly saving test cricket?

This is the modern equivalent of Imran from Pakistan watching bowlers in the nets and going to fight for their selection.

And in terms of the wider test thread, England shaping up as follows:
Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes (c), Ben Foakes (wk), Rehan Ahmed, Tom Hartley, Shoaib Bashir, Jimmy Anderson

I think the side will miss Wood's pace...Jimmy will get slaughtered by the Indian batting line up. Even debutants will take apart his 75mph nothing deliveries.

Edit: I say this but expect another riveting test as India are missing some key players.

This does have serious Imran backing Waqar vibes from what I’ve heard of it.

angloindian

Banned
Ben Stokes being the champion for FTA domestic cricket was not on my bingo card… but here we are.

Does this mean that the man is truly saving test cricket?

This does have serious Imran backing Waqar vibes from what I’ve heard of it.

Shoaib the Basher has a long way to go to get close to the King of Reverse Swing.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
Early Predictions - England to go 2-0 up.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
Defensive right from the get go.

This series is done and dusted.

Would be a huge surprise if the result is not atleast 4-1 or 4-0 in favour of England.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
Piss poor batting.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
You have to out bat England if you have to counter the bazball approach.

Batting with ultra defensive approach will cost you the game.

Users who are viewing this thread