England tour of India (5 Tests)

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
Presumably next time a test side gets blown away for feck all in the 4th innings Ben Duckett will be straight onto twitter to claim they were inspired by English New Wave batting.

Bigby Wolf

Verified
India
Mumbai Indians
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This was some test match.

From 33/3 in the 1st innings and to win by 434 runs in the end, this will go down as one the best wins ever.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
One of the biggest moral victories, I think you must mean.

England could have easily won the match but instead they chose to honour their commitment to entertaining the crowd by being bowled out ignominiously.

Croadyman

Club Captain
This was some test match.

From 33/3 in the 1st innings and to win by 434 runs in the end, this will go down as one the best wins ever.
Series dead and buried,thanks Root. You may as well just get on a first plane home. We can use Lawrence in the other two matches.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It's been a long time, but I think today was the first time under Stokes' captaincy where even at 15 for none off six, you just know a collapse is coming and the vibe is so strong you can feel it through your bootleg Willow HD stream on a Sunday morning.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I think England didn't give themselves a chance to bat throughout. With 1 full day remaining, the urge to go after the target at any cost really backfired upon them. While Bazball and Stokes have had success in the past in chasing totals by going helter skelter, they seem to be forgetting the main aim of Test cricket- that being to win sessions individually and stay in the game for longer.

Stokes' assertions that outside noise doesn't matter to the team -this too is worrisome, cause this is exactly what Shastri-Kohli believed in for India. It hasn't gotten India anywhere tbh. What I would have liked from England- was a concentrated effort in trying to nullify the conditions and then pile on the pressure on the last day. Hope they learn from this.

Users who are viewing this thread