England tour of Sri Lanka

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by amir51@Nov 24 2003, 01:06 PM
actually they would be...the commentators(Tony Greig) said for it to be a official odi atleast 50 overs must be played....that is y we use d/l method....or it is something like that but they can play 40 over mathces and stuff
That is in the case of rained off matches. If a match is scheduled for less than 50 overs, it can not be a ODI.

N

Nirav85

But andrew the zim mathc was sent for a 50 overs match but it rained that morning and then stopped and they started a 25 overs(both sides bat 25) match but it started to rain again

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Yes. That match was scheduled for 50 overs a side.

If a match is not SCHEDULED for 50 overs a side, it can not be a ODI. What is it about that sentence you don't understand?

I

imported_fastbreaker

So if each side can only play 33 overs max, then what is that called?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
If it was scheduled for 50 overs a side, but rain means it can only be 33 overs a side, its a ODI.

If it was scheduled for 33 overs a side (ie. if when the fixture was made they said "this is going to be a 33 over a side game") it would not be a ODI.

Is this really so difficult to understand? Do you know what the word scheduled means?

N

Nirav85

ahhhhh i got ya now...sorry....moreover...bccsl should still do it for the fans...that came to support srl and eng....and the icc should be a little more lient...if it is a moonsoon season, they shold let the 30-40 voer matc take place...because of their stupid planning

I

imported_fastbreaker

Originally posted by andrew_nixon79@Nov 25 2003, 12:13 PM
If it was scheduled for 33 overs a side (ie. if when the fixture was made they said "this is going to be a 33 over a side game") it would not be a ODI.
If a scheduled 33 over match is not an ODI, then what would it be called?

N

Nirav85

it is stil an odi...odi stands for one day internatiol...the match is lasting one day and it is internationally...but come on...if it rains consisently...dont u think the icc should be lient and just say we will allow it...like all those english fans losing money

I

imported_fastbreaker

Andrew just said it is not an ODI... Which one of you is right?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
A One Day International is a match scheduled for 50 overs between two test playing nations or a test playing nation and Kenya. Also matches in the Champions Trophy and the World Cup.

If you followed Amirs defenition, all ICC Trophy matches would be ODIs, and the West Indies domestic competition would be ODIs.

If the match was scheduled for 33 overs it wouldn't have any name. Nor would that ever happen.

If you look at some old ODI scorecards you will notice that matches scheduled for 40, 55, 60 or even 30 overs have been classed as ODIs, but the current defenition is the one I gave.

Hope that settles it.

N

Nirav85

so what is this law sacred...if we break it...will we die....i know the icc has a bunch of stupid lwas here and there...but come on, once in awhile they have to make exceptions so the countyr can make some money, SRl doesnt have a home series that ofthen when u llok at it. Their last one was in may last year and their next one is in june....

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
That's the law amir. Exceptions can't be made! Can you get it into your head? Is it really that hard to understand? Am I speaking in some sort of alien language?

Sri Lanka's last home series was in May this year.

N

Nirav85

Can you get it into your head? NO

Is it really that hard to understand? YES

Am I speaking in some sort of alien language? YES

Still the icc should do a better job planning these things. The poor guys dont even make that much money and then england gets a whole summer f cricket along wiht aus getting that dec series followed by VB...and sl series have big gaps...like may this year and june next year....they have to wait six months. Alot of teams have to wait that time but atleast they have two home series...ie zim came to pak dec 2002 and then paks next home serie was 8 months later but the people got alot of cricket

Users who are viewing this thread