Review England v Australia - Review, kind of.

D

Dutch

Nice review!;) The fact that these wickets are falling is a concern and definitely unrealistic but needs to be set against other peoples positive impressions as well. Will be interesting to follow how this develops. How are you finding the fielding side of things? Fielding positions? Speed of players etcetera.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've had one instance of a fielder being either stubborn or lazy, and I've seen one instance of 3 fielders doing a rain dance around the ball. The rain dance needs to be picked up by Codemasters and Trickstar, as this is a real issue.

Fields, much better. I've not seen any resemblance of the "trick," fielding positions of AC09 which is nice. The AI can be held up by the field, but can also find spots to push it through. I don't find the AI to be too boundary-happy, nor too shy to score.

D

Dutch

I've had one instance of a fielder being either stubborn or lazy, and I've seen one instance of 3 fielders doing a rain dance around the ball. The rain dance needs to be picked up by Codemasters and Trickstar, as this is a real issue.

Fields, much better. I've not seen any resemblance of the "trick," fielding positions of AC09 which is nice. The AI can be held up by the field, but can also find spots to push it through. I don't find the AI to be too boundary-happy, nor too shy to score.

And can you confirm the fact that AI score boundaries along the ground and not just lofted as in Ashes 09 Beta?

Last edited by a moderator:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
64/5 - The last few overs really have been settling for Australia. I've brought Swann and Rashid on early to see if they had any impact, they do not. Swann has felt the wrath of Haddin, going for a maximum.

M. North 5 (10)
B. Haddin 10 (8)

Even though the two spinners have found themselves knocked around, it doesn't feel like AC09 in the way where spinners where actually smashed out of attacks time and again. This feels like two players, struggling to get in, trying to find a few, much needed, runs.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
If you attempted to bowl a couple of terrible balls, like down the leg-side, or half folleys, or just plain full tosses, would you think that they would disappear to the boundary?

Or would the defensive mindset of the batsmen just cause them to keep the ball on the ground or just simply play it back to the bowler?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
18.5 - Haddin comes forward to Swann, bottom edges onto his middle stump! England needed that to remain on top here. That partnership could have easily lasted 100+ runs.

B. Haddin b. Swann 12 (16)

71/6

Thats what I like about this game, previous games had me bored bowling, here you always get the feeling that there's a chance around the corner. Brilliant!

Simbazz added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

If you attempted to bowl a couple of terrible balls, like down the leg-side, or half folleys, or just plain full tosses, would you think that they would disappear to the boundary?

Or would the defensive mindset of the batsmen just cause them to keep the ball on the ground or just simply play it back to the bowler?

Experiment done, and the first of the two balls the batsmen was hit on the leg. The second, he left for a wide.

P

pcfan123

Have you seen any edges go for boundaries? Tht never happened on AC09

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Have you seen any edges go for boundaries? Tht never happened on AC09

Not yet, but i'm sure its possible. Had one go for 3 runs though.

20.2 Swann to Johnson, big spin out there now, and Swann lands it on Johnson's leg stump, Johnson tries to sweep only to find the top edge, Prior jumps high and catches it! OUT!

M. Johnson c. Prior b. Swann 1 (6)

79/7

I'm slightly more concerned here, firstly, Flintoff breaking through the top, now Swann through the middle and tail it seems.

Still, enjoying it all the same, maybe its a one off.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
'm slightly more concerned here, firstly, Flintoff breaking through the top, now Swann through the middle and tail it seems.

Still, enjoying it all the same, maybe its a one off.

Bowling with England mate is a little strange, Aus seem to underperform and England are hot!

Weirdly in a game by Spraggy he rolled them for 115 then in the second dig Aus got 500+ plus lol!!

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
We'll see how it goes then. They've last 24 overs, which in itself is an achievement. They're now 94/7.

Simbazz added 10 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

This is what I like to see! A fight! Marcus North is refusing to get gone! He's now on 44 (49) and obviously chancing it.

116/7

Simbazz added 2 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Wahey! If you can't take North, take Hauritz! Rashid with the leg-spin, Hauritz with the waiting prod, which he edged to Prior!

N. Hauritz c. Prior b. Rashid 3 (20)

Loving the stubborness of Hauritz for a while! This game just gets better and better.

Another wicket :)

Similar in fashion to Hauritz.

B. Hilfenhaus b. Swann 1 (6)

Hahaha, If Mr. North wants to rack up a big score, he's going to have to hog the strike!

Did I mention how good this game was! I'm actually getting bored of updating now :(

Simbazz added 14 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

AND -

Andrew Flintoff wraps the Australian innings up in style. Inswinging yorker to Bollinger, and offstump out of the ground.

D. Bollinger b. Flintoff 1 (5)

Pictures to come soon!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread