Story England's World Cup Dream:England vs. Zimbabwe: England make good start!

Where will England finish in the World Cup?

• Total voters
Awesome work mate..:clap..Bad start from England but I hink they should just scrape home.

England will reach the total off 34 overs :D

Great work here! :D

attachment.php

England Innings
England Win!

England claimed a fantastic 5 wicket victory mainly thanks to Ian Bell and Michael Vaughan’s partnership to get England from 24/3 to 95/3. In the final ten overs of the innings, England scored 73 runs which included 4 boundaries and 2 big sixes from Ian Bell and Andrew Flintoff to win the game. Sadly Bell and Vaughan couldn’t see England home but with Collingwood and Flintoff behind them, the result was never in doubt.

Daniel Vettori was smashed all over the place as Bell and Vaughan were both able to pick up his none turning ball very easily which resulted in a lot of runs being scored off them including Bell’s second six. However he did take Michael Vaughan’s wicket from really a bad ball which Vaughan tried to smash out of the park, only to get caught by Marshall on the Cover boundary, but really he was very poor throughout his spell with figures of 7-0-51-1. James Franklin at the other end did really well and only went at 2.8 an over, a great achievement considering the amount of runs Vettori was going at with figures of 8-1-24-1. Scott Styris replaced Franklin and did get a wicket with his 3rd ball of Ian Bell but other than that, he wasn’t very good as the England Batsman picked 1’s and 2’s nearly every ball with figures of 2-0-14-1. Shane Bond bowled what proved to be the final over of the match and he did bowl a tight over until Flintoff hit a 6 that ended the game which ruined his figures slightly.

All in all, England deserved their win as they were on top of the game almost throughout. New Zealand now has a lot to do to be more competitive in the next few games and maybe on the plane home. With these two sides likely to go into the super 8’s, England have the all important bonus point which will give them a lot of confidence going into the game against Canada.

Highlights
Bell Dismissed
belldismissedra5.jpg

Vaughan Dismissed
vaughandismissedkb9.jpg

England win
englandwinzr3.jpg

Scorecard
scorecardoz9.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for comments that you gave me:). Now moving onto the competition which has got a problem. I officially won this in the 30th over which nobody had but Pakistani_army and feelin_blue were both 3 overs away from the actual overs with 27 and 33, so to cause no arguements, I will give both of them 1500 VCASH each.
Analysis and Man Of The Match will come soon!:)

Last edited:
Easy win from England. If the Kiwis had batted a bit better then I think England would have struggled.
Yay! I won.Congrats FB. :)

Great presenattion mate. Keep up the good works.

Great story you have got here, very enjoyable, great win for England! :D

skysportsmm2.jpg

DG: Welcome back to the Sky Sports Analysis centre with me, David Gower, Ian Botham and Richard Hadlee. Right then if you have missed the game, then where the heck were you, a pretty good game to watch which led to England winning by 5 wickets over a poor New Zealand side. Right, I think we better get analysing gentlemen and considering your England Beefy, you may start.

IB: Thank you. Well what can I say; I got up this morning thinking a mountain of runs from both sides. When I looked at the wicket, it didn?t change my feelings and now England have scored 126/5 and won the game. I am very surprised about that be honest to you. Anyway, Strauss and Pietersen certainly didn?t know what they were doing on that pitch and really they need to perform better against Canada. Matt Prior looked pretty handy at the top of the order, he got England rolling but really Ian Bell and Michael Vaughan, won England this game, with Vaughan doing the captain?s role, which allowed Bell to go out there and attack a bit. It was the perfect partnership really for the situation and that left a simple job for Collingwood and Flintoff, to get us home.

DG: Yes well the partnership did kill the Black Caps off that is for certain. Of Course we aren?t biased on this show, so Richard will give us the New Zealand side of the innings.

RH: Cheers, I had the same feelings Beefy about the mountain of runs we could have got today but New Zealand?s batting was very poor and that left the bowlers a very tough job to get England out for a low total. Actually the bowlers did really well today, Shane Bond had the perfect role by holding the runs up which in a way got Prior run out in a Chris Martin over who wasn?t at his best but he did do a good job. Also, James Franklin bowled a good, tight line all day which caused the England batsmen to struggle getting runs off him, but maybe should have more fuller sometimes and may have got more wickets because of this. Vettori, totally waste of space today, he put the ball in areas where batsmen like Ian Bell could hit it into their strongest areas and got a very lucky wicket with Vaughan but the game was over thanks to his expensive bowling. Finally, Scotty Styris tried to bowl a tight line but was too easy to get those important singles and twos off.

DG: Very True, I must say. Going back to you Beefy, England have got a game against Canada next what do you think of their chances?

IB: well if they bat and bowl like they did today then really they shouldn?t have a problem with Canada. England just don?t have to get cocky when they play against them, they have to be professional otherwise this win today will become useless then. But really if we do lose to Canada, then I would get the next plane back to England, give up commentating and make comments on Planetcricket for the rest of my life.

DG: Haha, at last we can get rid of him (laughing!). Anyway, going to Richard, New Zealand have got Kenya next, what do you think of their chances after today?

RH: Well, I?m worried now. Kenya did get to the semi-finals of the world cup just 4 years again and really can win against any team in the world on their day. New Zealand have got to go back to the drawing board really and start again. Get the batsmen in the nets and get the bowlers to bowl at them because they need a heck of a lot of practise to get this performance out of them.

DG: Thanks for that Richard, anyway I?ll finish with a joke. What do you call a man with a Seagull on his head?

IB & RH: Don?t know!

DG: Cliff!

IB: Get my gun now!

DG: What and miss me haha!

RH: Yeah you are crap with a gun beefy, so I will shoot at him!

DG: Oh dear and on that bombshell, it?s time to leave. See you for the England and Canada game, if I?m still alive (Gulp!). Goodbye!

IB & RH: Goodbye! (Cocking of gun sound in the background)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the comments guys!:) Hopefuly I will do an interview with the man of the match and then get cracking with the build-up of the Canada game.

Great presentation and good win for England, hopefulyl they can continue this. Bell batted well and even Vaughan supported him. ;)

Great effort with the analysis. I enjoyed every bit of it.

Keep up the great works mate. This story is going along nicely. :)

Users who are viewing this thread