ESPN's Legends of Cricket?

Animator!

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Aye. McGrath, Warne, Lara have to be added.
Not sure about Inzy though, because he's still playing Tests isn't he? I'm not sure whether they put still playing cricketers in the list.

cricphan

School Cricketer
Has anyone been watching it? What's you're take on it? I have. I've enjoyed it.
I think some of the selections are a little dodgy though. Sachin Tendulkar for one doesn't deserve to be on that list; they've been better batsman then him in this generation and if his on that list then what about Ricky Ponting? Or Brian Lara? They've had to endure as much pressure as Tendulkar but yet the former is more successful.
They're a few more but I won't elaborate for now. What's you're opinion?

yeah and don bradman also does not deserve to be on the list of legends .
:rolleyes:
afterall he played against 3 countries only , never dared to set foot on the sub-continent.
:rolleyes:
about pressure , Ponting cannot even start to think abt the kind of pressures that Sachs faces day in and day out .Greg chappell got a dose of that pressure and fanaticism and he scampered as fast his legs could carry .

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Punter is a crap captain. A blind dog could lead Australia and get similar results.
And yes, Legends should only be those who have retired...

:hpraise:hpraise

Bradman never saw Ponting in his prime though and Ponting has improved leaps and bounds against spin bowling over the last few years that it's no longer a weakness but a strength for him when facing.
I think Ponting averaging in the mid 70s these days makes up for Ponting averaging around 60 back then aswell.
Tendulkar at his prime didn't produce results anywhere near Ponting's prime even if you take into account the bowling attacks.

Pontings second half of his career he has averaged 72....thats better form than Tendulkar has ever been in....and your arguement of the lack of world class bowlers helping Ponting isnt really consistant because of the fact Tendulkar has not had a similar increase to his average...

players like Rahul Dravid, Virender Sehwag, Saurav Ganguly? they are world class batsmen and hardly the make of a lone hand candidate

All you guys have forgotten one thing .Sachin has played 18 years of cricket . Ppl like dravid sehwag had started batting real super for last 5-6 years(just like ponting).
It is quite a co-incidence isn't it .
What does that indiacate ?
:D:D

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
You could even go as far as to say that Tendulkar only chips in when the top guns aren't playing. Afterall, he does average 139 against Bangladesh & Zimbabwe and averages in the 30's against South Africa & Pakistan.

He only averaged in the 30's when Wasim, Waqar & Saqlain in the 90's.

His 50+ average against Australia came only early in his career before 2000 when Australian bowling wasn't as dominant as it would be in following years to come when McGrath begun to reach his peak, along with Warne. He still averages 47 after the start of 2000 but you'd imigane the bulk of that average would've come when he made that 241* in Australia a few years ago? No Warne? No McGrath? Who he has become a regular bunny of.

Horrifically, he averaged 60+ against the Windies in the 90's but yet was only able to produce 1 hundred & his average since then has dropped.

He has only played 3 matches against Sri Lanka since 1999 in which he had already played 13. Murali was indeed not the same bowler he was back then as he is today and Tendulkar's average has dropped from 80 to 69.

Users who are viewing this thread