RACING F1 99-02

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have a low graphic computer. After having a chat with Hedger who suggested me to go with this game, I have been playing this since last 4 hours :p

17726144.jpg

f1challenge990220111030.png

f1challenge990220111030.png

I need to understand few things first.

What do you mean by DNF? When I press escape I get this DNF in the race result!

Have won 3 Grand Prix & am playing with Ferrari. I am rated the 3rd best driver at 30 points and number one is Montyal I suppose. Our teams constructor standing is 3rd at 74 followed by McLaren at 80 and leading is William something at 80.

I wanted to know is where can I find the latest version of this game? Or should I say latest patch for this game

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Ya it did not take me long. I have a friend who is F1 crazy and he has almost all collection of F1 for all consoles. He has gone to Delhi to watch F1 and so I took it from his place :D

What did you think btw? :spy :p No mate its not pirated copy :)

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
No stealing mate :p

Anyways back on topic, what difference is there between this and F1 2011. I know there will be whole new graphic change and teams change other then that? Any new AI?

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
F1 2011 is a buggy mess at the moment. Various things like the computer going quicker when it rains in qualifying have really effected the season mode.

There is a chance it'll be fixed in a patch, but it's probably worth baring in mind that this game is made by Codemasters, and we all know how reliable at fixing bugs they are haha

Still, when it works it's an excellent game, and a really good racer including some nice ideas like multiplayer seasons. So you and a mate can play a whole season. When it doesn't, and you overtake 11 cars into a corner because they all brake too negatively it's dissapointing. Worth waiting to see what the patch fixes.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
OK, completed the whole season :p

Few things, what does the Yellow Flag mean? What does the blue flag mean? Also when I by chance started without the green light they said penalty stop and go.. Does it mean I have to stop at pit once?

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I can only assume you have access to internet ;)

Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website

I don't know anything about editing the teams though, but I'd imagine looking for an F1 *whatever game it is* forum would be advisable. Must admit, screenshots look pretty good still, how does it feel in the races? How's the AI? Might look for a *ahem* cheap copy while I wait for Codies to fix 2011. If, when etc...

Last edited:

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
I must say, my friend has the copy of F1 2011 and it does not run on my Laptop. The graphics are in no comparision between the two teams but other then that all is same. Its difficult to win a game once you select the car damage property where your car can also get damaged or could sustain some problem.

I installed another game called Grand Prix 4 today and its actually all the same. Only feature that Grand Prix 4 gives is editing team and player name :)

harrisb

International Coach
I'm sure you can download mods for both games, especially GP4, so you should be alright.

Users who are viewing this thread