BASEBALL Out Of The Park Baseball

D

Dutch

I have one of these on Steam (2014 version) from a bundle a while ago and was very intrigued, but it was overwhelming for me as someone who knows nothing about baseball so I couldn't stick with it. Maybe I should give it a whirl again; the outdated roster means nothing to me as I couldn't even name one current baseball player anyway :p.

This sort of detail in a cricket sim would be incredible, though I do kind of like Cricket Captain's "no player attributes" style, so you go by averages/performance as opposed to having flat numerical abilities visible... Shame it doesn't seem to have really improved much over the years.

Yeah I had a look at cricket captain but wasnt impressed for the price and i really want a game on the pc rather than my phone....i am hoping Cricket Coach XX comes out sometime this year although it is already 2 years late!l

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Much like Football Manager, Cricket Captain doesn't look like it's changed much over the years just a few extra added bells and whistles to keep the consumers happy. Hoping for the next big breakthrough soon, management games have a lot room for improvement.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Yeah I had a look at cricket captain but wasnt impressed for the price and i really want a game on the pc rather than my phone....i am hoping Cricket Coach XX comes out sometime this year although it is already 2 years late!l

You know they make Cricket Captain for the PC, don't you? I got it way back when it first came out, and then sporadically after that. It was good fun, but as @El Loco says, it hasn't changed much.

I'm a transplanted Brit who's followed baseball occasionally over the years when the teams in the places I've lived, Boston Red Sox and San Francisco Giants have done well. As in most sports, it's more fun to watch when you root for one of the teams. I only understand the basics, but a lot of the time, that's all you need to know to get something out of it.

D

Dutch

You know they make Cricket Captain for the PC, don't you? I got it way back when it first came out, and then sporadically after that. It was good fun, but as @El Loco says, it hasn't changed much.

I'm a transplanted Brit who's followed baseball occasionally over the years when the teams in the places I've lived, Boston Red Sox and San Francisco Giants have done well. As in most sports, it's more fun to watch when you root for one of the teams. I only understand the basics, but a lot of the time, that's all you need to know to get something out of it.

Yeah but cc on steam is 22 euro’s and on mobile 8! Although its exactly the same game!

D

Deleted member 46200

Yeah but cc on steam is 22 euro’s and on mobile 8! Although its exactly the same game!
Not a suck eggs comment... But they do sometimes reduce this in price to an acceptable level so as to make it 'justifiable' to purchase... For a short period of time... Is it on your wish list... ?

D

Deleted member 46200

Looking at this guys power potential he will be good batting around three against righties but he has a tendency to pull the ball his contact and ability to pick out the best ball are low but maybe he'll prove successful against weak pitchers. Need someone with good contact and speed at one and two then another power hitter possibly a clean up batter at four... Are you playing the DH rule as you'd need another good contact hitter to place in on the double switch unless you pitcher is good at hitting.

D

Dutch

OOTP baseball is one of the best sports management games ever made more worthy of purchase than any Bug Ant heap of crap.

But of course you refunded it - as if a window licker like you would understand the complexities of baseball financial systems, trading, free agency and roster management.

Stick to basic, under developed cricket games idiot and tweak off.
What the......

@zimrahil could you have a look at this....thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread