F1 Discussion

rishabh96

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Only F1 fans know how tough time is from November to March and its almost here. One week to go. I can't tell how much excited I am. :D

Also if anyone is interested to join my Autosport Grand Prix Predictor League then you can join. :)

Unique code to join this league b01f0f24f1c8a240b984894ddcb1b1e4
Unique league link: http://gppredictor.com/…/c…/b01f0f24f1c8a240b984894ddcb1b1e4

Rohith.

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
CSK
Profile Flag
England
'Kimi hasn't realised his potential'

1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Kimi_Raikkonen8.jpg

With only a one-year extension to his Ferrari contract, Martin Whitmarsh fears Kimi Raikkonen could leave F1 having never "realised his potential."

The former McLaren team boss worked with the Finn from 2002 to 2006 after which Raikkonen headed to Ferrari for his first stint at Maranello.

While that yielded a World title, the 2007 crown, his second stay has been less successful.

Outdone by first Fernando Alonso and now Sebastian Vettel, much of this year's silly season was spent speculating about Raikkonen's future.

That was resolved when Ferrari announced that he would stay on for 2016 but that will most likely be his final year in F1.

"One year - no option," team boss Maurizio Arrivabene has said of Raikkonen's new deal.

And with the clock ticking on his Formula 1 career, Whitmarsh feels Raikkonen could walk away from the sport having never realised his full potential.

"Kimi hasn't surprised me," Whitmarsh told Motor Sport magazine.

"I think perhaps the ultimate edge has gone - he had days with us that bordered on genius, as well as others best forgotten - but he can still do a bloody good job, and he's not making mistakes.

"Kimi's quite a misunderstood individual, I have to say.

"He does like to party and drink, but he's actually much more disciplined about training than most people realise, and he's also very intelligent - one of the sharpest drivers out there, in fact.

"Because he doesn't say very much, and has a generally flippant demeanour, people wouldn't necessarily think that. Another thing is that, in my opinion, he's one of the best drivers when it comes to understanding the car, and communicating that."

But, he added: "Kimi is deeply frustrating, in that he's as smart as he is, and has all that pace - and it just pisses you off that he compromises it. He hasn't realised his potential - and he isn't going to now, which is a great shame."

News [DOUBLEPOST=1441042134][/DOUBLEPOST]The Sauber Formula 1 team will retain Felipe Nasr and Marcus Ericsson for the 2016 season, the Swiss squad announced on Thursday.

f1-spanish-gp-2015-felipe-nasr-sauber-c34-and-marcus-ericsson-sauber-c34-at-the-start-of-t.jpg

rishabh96

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Nico Hulkenberg signs two-year deal to stay at Force India
i

Nico Hulkenberg has committed the next two years of his F1 career to Force India after signing a new deal with the team this week.

Hulkenberg's new contract brings an end to speculation he will lead the new Haas F1 team into battle next season and instead sees him remain at Force India until the end of 2017. Hulkenberg first joined Force India in 2011 as a test driver before being promoted to race driver in 2012. He drove one season with Sauber in 2013 before returning to the Silverstone-based team in 2014.

"I'm very pleased to finalise and announce my plans for the future," Hulkenberg said. "I know this team inside out and I feel at home here so it made perfect sense to make a long-term commitment. The progress the team has shown over the last two years has really impressed me and gives me confidence for the future.

"It's a great group of people who are hungry for success and want to keep improving year-on-year. I think we have the important things in place going forward and I want to continue growing with this team as we move even further up the grid."

In recent years, Hulkenberg has been viewed as a potential candidate for a Ferrari drive, but his two-year commitment to Force India is likely to rule him out as a possible replacement for Kimi Raikkonen in 2017, should the Finn retire. Force India team principal Vijay Mallya said he was delighted to keep the German on board.

"I make no secret of being one of Nico's biggest fans and so it's fantastic to confirm him as our driver for the next couple of seasons. He has spent almost four years with us already and in that time we've seen him develop into one of the best racing drivers in the world.

"Nico has the speed, the technical knowledge and the maturity to help us achieve some great results in the years ahead. We will do everything we can to continue delivering a car to match his talent."

Mallya has expressed his desire to keep Sergio Perez as Hulkenberg's team-mate next year, although no deal has been confirmed. The 2016 grid is now starting to shape up with Ferrari, Mercedes, Sauber confirming their existing line-ups for next year and Red Bull likely to do the same.

Rohith.

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
CSK
Profile Flag
England
Nico Hulkenberg signs two-year deal to stay at Force India
i

Nico Hulkenberg has committed the next two years of his F1 career to Force India after signing a new deal with the team this week.

Hulkenberg's new contract brings an end to speculation he will lead the new Haas F1 team into battle next season and instead sees him remain at Force India until the end of 2017. Hulkenberg first joined Force India in 2011 as a test driver before being promoted to race driver in 2012. He drove one season with Sauber in 2013 before returning to the Silverstone-based team in 2014.

"I'm very pleased to finalise and announce my plans for the future," Hulkenberg said. "I know this team inside out and I feel at home here so it made perfect sense to make a long-term commitment. The progress the team has shown over the last two years has really impressed me and gives me confidence for the future.

"It's a great group of people who are hungry for success and want to keep improving year-on-year. I think we have the important things in place going forward and I want to continue growing with this team as we move even further up the grid."

In recent years, Hulkenberg has been viewed as a potential candidate for a Ferrari drive, but his two-year commitment to Force India is likely to rule him out as a possible replacement for Kimi Raikkonen in 2017, should the Finn retire. Force India team principal Vijay Mallya said he was delighted to keep the German on board.

"I make no secret of being one of Nico's biggest fans and so it's fantastic to confirm him as our driver for the next couple of seasons. He has spent almost four years with us already and in that time we've seen him develop into one of the best racing drivers in the world.

"Nico has the speed, the technical knowledge and the maturity to help us achieve some great results in the years ahead. We will do everything we can to continue delivering a car to match his talent."

Mallya has expressed his desire to keep Sergio Perez as Hulkenberg's team-mate next year, although no deal has been confirmed. The 2016 grid is now starting to shape up with Ferrari, Mercedes, Sauber confirming their existing line-ups for next year and Red Bull likely to do the same.
That's great

Rohith.

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
CSK
Profile Flag
England
Next Race

:ita: 2015 ITALIAN GP :ita:

06TH SEPTEMBER

@ Autodromo di Monza

Laps : 53
Circuit Length : 5.793 km

monza_GPitaly.gif

PAST WINNERS

Year|Driver|Team|Time
2014|Lewis Hamilton|Mercedes|1:19:10.236
2013|Sebastian Vettel|Red Bull|1:18:33.352
2012|Lewis Hamilton|McLaren|1:19:41.221
2011|Sebastian Vettel|Red Bull|1:20:46.172
2010|Fernando Alonso|Ferrari|1:16:24.572
2009|Rubens Barrichello|Brawn GP|1:16:21.706
2008|Sebastian Vettel|Toro Rosso|1:26:47.494
2007|Fernando Alonso|McLaren|1:18:37.806
2006|Michael Schumacher|Ferrari|1:14:51.975
2005|Juan Pablo Montoya|McLaren|1:14:28.659

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
here's where i would make another promotional post about how good indycar is, but i'm still very angry about justin wilson and they've apparently decided than an eight month long off-season is a good thing

Rohith.

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
CSK
Profile Flag
England
More penalties for McClaren this time

1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Fernando_Alonso3.jpg

Last time out at Spa McLaren managed a 105-place penalty, this time around at Monza they are already up to 15.

Even before the first lap of the Italian Grand Prix weekend news has emerged that both Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso are on track for engine penalties.

Both drivers will take on new ICEs, which means a five-place drop for Button and a 10-place for Alonso as they are at different stages on the penalty count.

The latest round of penalties come in the wake of McLaren-Honda's massive tally of 105 at Spa, the result of a double engine change for both drivers.[DOUBLEPOST=1441345899][/DOUBLEPOST]
here's where i would make another promotional post about how good indycar is, but i'm still very angry about justin wilson and they've apparently decided than an eight month long off-season is a good thing

Can you change the name of the thread to Racing Thread

rishabh96

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Hamilton becomes Triple World Champion. He showed pure dominance this season.

Last edited:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Another predictable season, wished Rosberg gave Hamilton more of a challenge at the least. Alonso being wasted probably killed F1 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread