No Requests Fatal Shot GFX (A.K.A. sFx GFX) Graeme Smith Sig

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
There is no harm in free-styling TBH. I've hardly followed 4-5 tutorials. You learn most of the techniques while free-styling. It's like an adventure where you see which tool/filter/brush produces which result. Just that you need to have a good sense of art. If you have it, free-styling is the best option to improve your artworks.

Disagree.

I've always thought that using tuts is best to learn techniques and tools, not how to do a certain style. Then after a few tutorials, you put those techniques together to make your own style/sig.

That's the advice I normally give out as I think it heaps learning.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
There is no harm in free-styling TBH. I've hardly followed 4-5 tutorials. You learn most of the techniques while free-styling. It's like an adventure where you see which tool/filter/brush produces which result. Just that you need to have a good sense of art. If you have it, free-styling is the best option to improve your artworks.

You caught the wrong path, my friend.

The free styling you're talking about is what i say always.

The free styling i was describing is that people just go crazy and put stuff where they like with no sense if it's good or not. They don't do anything in order. It's magical where people do crazy stuff, inspite of having everything in order. That's what makes a good graphics maker. Many people, think they've attained a certain stage where they do have some good sense about graphics, but think they're responsible, professional graphics makers. But they're only restricted to the graphical sense as much as they've learnt. Thing is that when you're natural seeing that stuff you're making, that's what takes the sense to a peak.

Typing All of it, I was saying Fatal shot is natural at his compositions. :)

Pranav

ICC Board Member
I'd still advice people to free-style rather than following a tut to make a sig. Anyone can follow a tut and produce a decent sig. But, he'll be ristricted to that particular style. I am not against following tuts but I think a person should always try to give it a touch of his own.

I hope Fatal_Shot doesn't mind that we're using his thread to discuss this :p

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
I'd still advice people to free-style rather than following a tut to make a sig. Anyone can follow a tut and produce a decent sig. But, he'll be ristricted to that particular style. I am not against following tuts but I think a person should always try to give it a touch of his own.

I hope Fatal_Shot doesn't mind that we're using his thread to discuss this :p

That's why you follow different tuts, and not the same one. I have never followed the same tut more than once, because I want to do new things. I get bored if I use the same style over and over. I only freestyle when I have a specific idea in my head and I know exactly how the sig should look like. If I don't know that, then I don't really know what I'm doing, and 90% of the time, you end up with complete garbage.

I don't mind. My thread is intellectual baby. :cool:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Well, i think it's gone two ways. Free styling, simply, is making crazy stuff in order. What i said.

Wish i said that in a nut-shell earlier. :noway

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
New Torres Sig

2j1srrn.png

Loving the lighting. Can I use this as my sig?

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Excellent execution of one of the most newest and popular styles in graphics.

You like fire, don't you? :D

Fatal Shot

Club Cricketer
Tried to remove the fire, but it's impossible. I have applied the image too many times, and there are lots of clipping masks used to create the fire.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Why don't you just layer mask over the fire area on all those image applied layers? That can work.

Users who are viewing this thread