Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

grkrama

National Board President
difficulty ?

I do find the square drives are a bit more powered, but i find its more visible as a result of fielding.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
One thing I noticed while the AI was battering me all round the park yesterday: it’s very common for a fielder to take one step over the boundary and catch a six at waist height. Clearly, this is a shot they could have caught by jumping inside the boundary. It would be good if this happened: we saw them leap inside the boundary and the ball either just clear them or be caught and we have to press a button/use LAS to keep them inside the boundary.

grkrama

National Board President
Pro I think.

This was exacerbated that the spinner didn't mix it up: it was 99% full on or outside off

may be you could try raising the difficulty and giving it a go, but ya its still more easy to play than other shots say bar late cut, but shouldn't detract other shots much at higher levels.

also the bowling lines of spinners should be looked at especially in accordance to the fields.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
may be you could try raising the difficulty and giving it a go, but ya its still more easy to play than other shots say bar late cut, but shouldn't detract other shots much at higher levels.

also the bowling lines of spinners should be looked at especially in accordance to the fields.

It's not a difficulty issue: the issue is the risk reward balance of that shot compared to others on the same difficulty.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I find the late cut easier to play to be fair. Eventually you are gonna edge one but it's definitely a big scorer vs spin for me.

Agree with your suggestion regarding spinners bowling to plan, hopefully the AI improvements will sort that out.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I find the late cut easier to play to be fair. Eventually you are gonna edge one but it's definitely a big scorer vs spin for me.

Agree with your suggestion regarding spinners bowling to plan, hopefully the AI improvements will sort that out.

You couldn't have cut these AJ they were on my toes!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
By suggesting that his post wasn't replying to you, given it made no reference directly to your post or suggestion?

You even started with "What are you going on about I am not talking about leaderboards?" - perhaps a good sign that he's not talking about what you're talking about.

It was very wrong what you did. So wrong that having failed to get attention over the last few days something from Sunday had to be dragged up...

Which begs the question: if a Zombie_Tazz bleats in the woods, are the conspiracy theories still batshit insane?

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
I personally always found the leg-side flick/glance/push towards square quite overpowered as well, no real risk to play across your pads unless your timing was really off.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I personally always found the leg-side flick/glance/push towards square quite overpowered as well

Maybe it's just me but I found that shot to be risky. Kept the umpire interested all the time with all the appeals for LBW.

slow left armer

School Cricketer
hi i need some geninune swing with pace bowlers
as in carrer mode while sstarting as an seam bowler
u could as to be a seam or swing or both sort of bowler
if swing there should be swing like andreson if seam some one like ishant sharma and in spin rather than doosra there could be addition of carrom ball

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I kinda agree that the leg glance square drive and late cut so seem more powered than other shots, so much so in fact that I scored a century with no scoring shots in front of square on either side. I've rarely hit boundaries from deep mid wicket round to deep extra cover without the LT pressed. maybe it's a balance issue. I have to say I love batting on db14 even managed to score 50* on legend in career last week. (Using lower skilled teams I must add) a few tweaks and a lot more stats etc for immersion and it could be perfect for db17.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Maybe it's just me but I found that shot to be risky. Kept the umpire interested all the time with all the appeals for LBW.
Oh really? I always ended up playing it as my go-to shot to score runs and release pressure in all forms of the game, and found that I could premeditate and play it successfully against nearly any delivery. My wagon wheel often looked a bit like blocker's did except flipped. Maybe I just had a talent :p

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I personally always found the leg-side flick/glance/push towards square quite overpowered as well, no real risk to play across your pads unless your timing was really off.

my timing was always off. one of my biggest (batting) bugbears was that i'd be penalised for hitting across the line but the AI could do it with impunity

Hitterman

International Coach
In stumps/wickets option, there must be zing wicket system or lights in it like in current ICC T20 cricket cups. Also few editors as below

Editors
- stadium (that already confirmed)
- ground (outfield/inner circle grass and that impact rolling shots)
- pitch making like we can make any pitches (hardness level, grass level, soil type, dust level, cracks level, condition level) also wearing of pitch impact the gameplay
- weather like keep changing after 30 hr interval and synced like weather dynamism in driveclub or projectcars game also impact gameplay
- crowd like home/away noise, neutral, half full, House full jam pack like in India, crowd noise effects
- celebrations like after wikts, 4s, 6s, milestones, 50s 100s etc, angry looks etc
- Kits designs so we can design any type of kit even that will introduce in future by ICC
- match scenario to revive the history
- UI editors for in game display and main screen themes,

Thanks,

Don't you feel that you're expecting too much from the Developers? I doubt if they will include such utilities in their game.

Users who are viewing this thread