India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
if anything can be done to end premeditation
if I play on merit I get late timing
please please please
I have been playing without any HUD on legend since the game released [DBC 14]...So playing on merit I usually have a late timing which has become the way I approach..As long as you can steadily score with the technique you should be fine..If it isnt then maybe go for HUD and lower difficulty where the level of demand is lesser....

N_stbss

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
when looking for the fielders pre bowler run up it should show a very clear scoreboard so people can check the score if they want to.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
also i think whenever a fast bowler takes a wicket even in a real match , the delivery which the bowler bowls after his wicket taking delivery has much more zip to it.
bcoz of high confidence and also the bowler tries to bowl as much pacey delivery as possible with greater accuracy.
if this feature could be added in dbc17 it would be great to see the increase in speed and accuracy after taking a wicket
would feel much more realistic

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
also i think whenever a fast bowler takes a wicket even in a real match , the delivery which the bowler bowls after his wicket taking delivery has much more zip to it.
bcoz of high confidence and also the bowler tries to bowl as much pacey delivery as possible with greater accuracy.
if this feature could be added in dbc17 it would be great to see the increase in speed and accuracy after taking a wicket
Something like a confidence meter? I think they had something like that in Cricket 07 and then allowed you to bowl a special delivery.

Wouldn't be a bad shout to have something to do with confidence. Higher the confidence, better opportunity to zip one through a couple k's quicker.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Actually you could use
The option of short pitch and long pitch option which is very well done addition to bowling,what it does is you could bowl loopy or giving some air pace deliveries with long pitch by pressing RB and hit the pitch hard with short pitch LB..

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Actually you could use
The option of short pitch and long pitch option which is very well done addition to bowling,what it does is you could bowl loopy or giving some air pace deliveries with long pitch by pressing RB and hit the pitch hard with short pitch LB..

I think this was exactly how it worked in Lara 05 - Full confidence and you got a special delivery (for fast bowlers Yorker or Bouncer, for Spinners I think they could fake the direction of spin?)

phani001

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hey guys,

Been following the forum for quite a few years, super excited for this upcoming iteration of the game, especially with the customization of logos / icons / bats / stadiums etc. Thinking about this, I had an idea similar to what has been created, not sure if it's feasible but just thought I would share it here:

Just as there is in-game customization abilities for the creation of stadiums and team logos (essentially allowing us to bypass licenses), would it also be possible to create an "Action/Animation" creator (for things like bowling actions/ batting technique), essentially allowing us to get player likeness in terms of animations.|

How I imagine it being is like for example, for bowling, you chose a stock action (ie. front-on, side-on or mixed for pace bowling), and you see a basic animation of the player with that bowling action. Then, there are modifiable parameters such as:

- release angle
- arm height
- release point
- Jump foot (ie. jumping of the wrong foot)
- Jump height
- Dominant leg height/bend
- Non dominant leg height/bend
- etc

These parameters obviously have to be thought through in detail, and as you edit them, you can see the basic action animation change (thereby allowing us to go from mcgrath actions to malinga actions as two examples of extremes). Something similar can be implemented for the different types of spin bowling (right arm offspin/legspin and left arm orthodox/chinaman) with different parameters, and as well with batting in terms of shots, like have basic animations for all the playable shots, and then modify them accordingly.

It may seem like a good thing to look into, might be difficult/a lot of work to implement (potentially too much?), but it would be awesome because then even playing styles in terms of graphics would achieve similarity in terms of their real-world counterparts. This can also be extended to fielding (throws), but that is probably tough to find player uniqueness, and makes more sense to have generic animations.

Let me know what you guys think!

Excellent suggestion. Hope BigAnt had noticed this.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
How about training kit for match practice and nets? I think it would be cool in career especially.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To both of you...

I'm trying to tell that some factors shouldn't be decided by the player. Ofcourse we can customize the difficulty for batting, bowling or fielding separately but customising edges is bound to so many factors. It's like asking to customise the amount of runs an AI will score. It will break the other constraints for the AI and you will end up with unrealistic scores. An edge is decided by the batsman's rating, player's rating, bowler's quality of the ball delivered, the batsman's skill against such a ball and the shot he is playing, the batsman's pressure level, the batsman's confidence, the pitch condition, the weather condition, the ball's condition! And each of this condition varies per match and per ball...Now BA has to figure out a way to realistically handle this in a game without breaking it's stability. Remember why BA insisted that a team of 11 should not be full of 100 rated players and user created are better linked to on-disc players?...Stability.

Infact, franco himself did not give you a slider. He gave you two pressure levels at which the normal works best...realistic scores. It's one set mode. I hope you understand that.

Why shouldn't players freely customise factors to how they see fit? If you don't feel comfortable doing it then you can leave it on default that's no problem but it doesn't mean that others shouldn't get that experience or that we shouldn't be allowed to customise edges. The conditions you outlined simply don't have the desired effect in the game, this isn't even subjective it just doesn't happen enough to get genuine edges that go to slips or gully, there are rarely play and misses unless the AI is driving a short ball either. I've had edges get caught, dropped and through to a vacant fielder from the wicketkeeper to point since using the tweak, I've also been smashed around the park at times too. It's a completely different game having this mod and bowling now has a purpose which it doesn't in the base game. It's also not just about the edges and play and misses but I've just bowled South Africa (present day) as Australia (present day) in their second innings for 205 after 72 overs on a green top, one caught behind and one caught at gully both off spin. South Africa 97-98 got to 7/210 off their 50 overs against me, New Zealand 97-98 which is a very realistic score for that time, Australia 92-94 all out for 204 off 43.4 overs with 1 caught behind and two half centuries with Allan Border 54 not out against me, West Indies 92-93. It's not always going to be like when I bowled the 1993 English team out for 184 off 36 overs with 7 wickets caught between gully and wicketkeeper, there's enough variation in it to warrant sliders to be effective.

Kinda guessed you would say that. I agree with your emotion but not the implementation. You want more edges? Then let's have a slider for it that will adjust everything around it too to be adjusted automatically instead of having sliders for each and every aspect of the adjoining elements. Simple.

This was done in RLL3 for player skills and it absolutely does not work. What is the point of sliders if you can't adjust them to how you want?
Batting with the @francobaldo1 mod i am telling you the flick through mid wicket is there, timing is normal and it is glorious.

Whe i first get in the offside is very high risk (edgy) and it is my go to shot until confidence is high

Such a pity it cannot be enjoyed by everyone

It's definitely there for the AI, I've noticed the transfer of weight and flick through midwicket a lot.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why shouldn't players freely customise factors to how they see fit? If you don't feel comfortable doing it then you can leave it on default that's no problem but it doesn't mean that others shouldn't get that experience or that we shouldn't be allowed to customise edges. The conditions you outlined simply don't have the desired effect in the game, this isn't even subjective it just doesn't happen enough to get genuine edges that go to slips or gully, there are rarely play and misses unless the AI is driving a short ball either. I've had edges get caught, dropped and through to a vacant fielder from the wicketkeeper to point since using the tweak, I've also been smashed around the park at times too. It's a completely different game having this mod and bowling now has a purpose which it doesn't in the base game. It's also not just about the edges and play and misses but I've just bowled South Africa (present day) as Australia (present day) in their second innings for 205 after 72 overs on a green top, one caught behind and one caught at gully both off spin. South Africa 97-98 got to 7/210 off their 50 overs against me, New Zealand 97-98 which is a very realistic score for that time, Australia 92-94 all out for 204 off 43.4 overs with 1 caught behind and two half centuries with Allan Border 54 not out against me, West Indies 92-93. It's not always going to be like when I bowled the 1993 English team out for 184 off 36 overs with 7 wickets caught between gully and wicketkeeper, there's enough variation in it to warrant sliders to be effective.

This was done in RLL3 for player skills and it absolutely does not work. What is the point of sliders if you can't adjust them to how you want?

OH GOD not this again. I spoke enough on that topic and just cause you mentioned it...here...

uploaded v2.01

-added edge chance slider

i guess everyone is playing dbc17 (rightly so), if you have time you can try the new patch, finally adds a slider
for edge chance ^^ Click on the button to activate it and select a low value for low chance, or a high value for
a high chance. Hopefully there are not bugs but is not very stable for now.

probably is not a difficult thing to solve, i will try. The code seems similar in dbc17, the hacking will be similar also i think.

I'm happy. Everyone's happy. I'm out of this topic. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread