Which game is best?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
The PC graphics do actually look really good this time, I would say they do look at least on par with console versions (maybe better) from the currently released screenshots (especially the faces) but the crowds and stadiums look similar to the old PC ones which is dissapointing really. You never see those while playing the match and I imagine that those things may be fixable with mods though so it's not too bad.

I hope that the passing isn't so accurate with the mouse that it lands exactly where you click every time, it could turn it into a really arcadey type game with every pass being perfect.
Where you click should be the desired place for the ball to land/be played, and it should only go exactly there if the player is well balanced with no opponents pressuring, he has good passing ability (e.g. Beckham), the angle it is played at is good (e.g. not behind the player) and if the player is not sprinting/has energy left (stamina stat may actually mean something then).
Yeah but we can't increase polygon counts in the mods probably. Moreover, I had mentioned it before hand, the crowds are same. :p EA has said though that they'll be replacing the stadiums. Lets hope for the best! :)

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I wonder why can I never go to places like that! :p

On the serious side of things, I really hope they change the inside match overlay. This one's been on for years and is becoming really boring now. :(

I'm thinking that if EA has come this far listening to fans, I just hope that they change the crowds! :upray Expecting too much aren't we? ; )

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
You know, if they can give us:

More intelligent AI when it comes to shooting. Too often, they shoot from some stupid angle where they have no chance of scoring, when they should pass it instead.

Ditto the AI's crosses.

Graphics need to be a lot better, obviously. (So far, this looks to be the only thing that's definitely improved in Fifa 09, industry insiders may or may not be sugar-coating the truth about gameplay.)

A slightly wider pitch.

If you can't make crowd 3d, at least animate them a bit like PES does.

Better heading physics and aerial battles.

Tweaked AI all round.

If these are all implemented, I'd be delighted with the on-pitch action in Fifa 09.

Obviously, there's probably other stuff off-pitch with Manager mode and suchlike, but I can't really comment on those.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

The PC graphics do actually look really good this time, I would say they do look at least on par with console versions (maybe better) from the currently released screenshots (especially the faces) but the crowds and stadiums look similar to the old PC ones which is dissapointing really. You never see those while playing the match and I imagine that those things may be fixable with mods though so it's not too bad.

I hope that the passing isn't so accurate with the mouse that it lands exactly where you click every time, it could turn it into a really arcadey type game with every pass being perfect.
Where you click should be the desired place for the ball to land/be played, and it should only go exactly there if the player is well balanced with no opponents pressuring, he has good passing ability (e.g. Beckham), the angle it is played at is good (e.g. not behind the player) and if the player is not sprinting/has energy left (stamina stat may actually mean something then).

I think I'd most likely stick with gamepad controls, but I'll be giving it a go!

See, what we need are some proper wide angle, in-game shots of the PC version, not some blurry shots taken off a projection screen. EA are dragging their feet about putting some proper shots of PC version up, that show the whole pitch/stadium. If they look half as good as those console ones, they'll do me!!

Last edited:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
There are some proper shots of the PC version of FIFA 09 floating around, and I've seen quite a lot of them and it looks GOOD! :D

@Madman, just saw the updated version of your post, and I guess there's currently a controversy on exactly what will the mouse do. Some say that it would be used to mark a player to actually move to a place and then receive a pass, while some say it'll just be for the passing / shooting direction of the ball. I would be comfortable with both really, but then we need an official statement from EA! All they've probably said is that "We've introduced a new set of controls using the mouse" with no clear definition. If anyone finds one, please link me to it. :p

usy

Chairman of Selectors
it's wrong. yes gamesspot does that because they don't have any PC screenshots as yet.

[admin] Also please post this stuff in Fifa 09 thread [/admin]

usy added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Yeah I know what you mean, it would be ugly in a game with such good graphics as FIFA to have 2D, pixelated crowds - it would look out of place.

More pics (May take a while to fully load!):

I wouldn't give those 10/10, also the player size compared to the pitch itself looks much realistic and better then before.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Looking good. I like the look of the player models this time around. Previous editions of FIFA have had chunky player models but i'm happy to see them more slender in 09. Positive signs so far.

Gunja Dude

School Cricketer
On the 360, what game would be a better buy?

Also, can you get roster updates from Xbox Live?

D

Deleted member 13648

I'd rent both before you make a decision because they're both love/hate games. Fifa however did have roster updates in Fifa 08 whereas PES08 didn't.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
How the hell do you turn off manual passing in Fifa 08, its driving me nuts, no through balls ever reach the intended target.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Cheers i have the Pc Version ill take a look. I'm finding the through balls and crosses useless to be honest, i either over hit or under hit them.

Any tips for crossing using a ps2 controller?

Users who are viewing this thread