FIFA08 vs PES2008

Which game is best?

• Total voters

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Give me a list all you said is "Slow reactions" but have you realized that it only happens online. When you play Fifa 08 online its not visible lag like PES 08 but you can sort of feel it, That leads to slow reactions.

Your right Fifa isn't flawless it has some but not as many as PES.

I have said numerous throughout the thread. The AI is the main flaw, they don't act on the field as they would in real life (PES doesnt either but its much closer) Also i can't comment about online as ive never played it online.

Opposition defensive clearances ALWAYS go to their teammate, even when they just randomly boot it.

Shooting is still somewhat scripted.

Through balls are retarded and dont work sometimes

Controlling the players is like driving a bus, unresponsive

All these little niggles add up and pissed me off. If EA can fix them then FIFA will be EASILY the best game.

If a person came to me and said "Hey Stevo which game would you recommend man". I would say FIFA, you get more for your buck. But its just my personal choice, i get more excitement and fun out of a game of PES than i do with FIFA

Last edited:

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
errr CDM look at the poll man! i enjoy PES more still quite a good game when you have an OF

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Give me a list all you said is "Slow reactions" but have you realized that it only happens online. When you play Fifa 08 online its not visible lag like PES 08 but you can sort of feel it, That leads to slow reactions.

Your right Fifa isn't flawless it has some but not as many as PES.

Like?

And don't post a video constructed by someone else in your answer.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
I have said numerous throughout the thread. The AI is the main flaw, they don't act on the field as they would in real life (PES doesnt either but its much closer) Also i can't comment about online as ive never played it online.

Opposition defensive clearances ALWAYS go to their teammate, even when they just randomly boot it.

Shooting is still somewhat scripted.

Through balls are retarded and dont work sometimes

Controlling the players is like driving a bus, unresponsive

All these little niggles add up and pissed me off. If EA can fix them then FIFA will be EASILY the best game.

If a person came to me and said "Hey Stevo which game would you recommend man". I would say FIFA, you get more for your buck. But its just my personal choice, i get more excitement and fun out of a game of PES than i do with FIFA

Shooting isnt scripted, are through balls meant to work for you all the time?

Those 2 can be fixed if you put it to Manual and not Assisted, hahahah.

International Coach
Well it certainly doesnt feel like it. But then again you've only played PES for 1-3 nights.

Every goal in Fifa just feels the same, alot of goals are caused by faults in the game aswell. Most goals i scored didnt feel very satisfying apart from the long range shots.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Well it certainly doesnt feel like it. But then again you've only played PES for 1-3 nights.

Every goal in Fifa just feels the same, alot of goals are caused by faults in the game aswell. Most goals i scored didnt feel very satisfying apart from the long range shots.

Are you saying every goal on PES is satisfying and goalies on it dont give you free goals like rebounds and you get 25 yard scorchers. I was wrong by saying PES shooting is scripted because simply it isnt but its no different to Fifa shooting, only on Assisted.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President

AI act closer to real life in PES? LMFAO!

I must be on slow-mo drugs when watching football. PES AI is nowhere close to real life it never has been. FIFAS AI isn't as flawless are your making it out to be, I can't see myself scoring the 'same old goals' that three letter line only sticks for old FIFA's.

You're entitled to you opinion of course and I respect that, but I do think your over-doing how bad FIFA is when its not as close as your making out. Theres a load of things that arent right about FIFA but their not big things like......PES's whole game just being mucked up and rushed....thats another thing I find it odd how a game (FIFA08) which has had so much time spent on it is just ''somehow'' nothing compared to a rushed arcade game.

With all due respect this time around I enjoyed PES when I first got it and then for a month a few months later. I've even tried selling the damn game but no one wants it....Overall it's FIFA this year. I'd also like PES to be how it was for PS2 better than FIFA and mega addictive not mega shite.

PS: Another thought about satisfying goals, I'm getting bored of scoring bangers everytime, yesterday on Professional against Argentina as England I scored two goals in my first two shots from really weird angles. Then later on I scored another top corner goal with Kaka from the flanks, so realistic.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member

Have you actually played Fifa 08 on a next gen system ? Because if not, you're whole argument falls apart. The current gen versions (including the PC) are useless, just the same old Fifa tripe, but the versions on 360 and PS3 are magnificent games. Obviously there's a few small bugs, but you'd expect that considering EA have re-made the whole game engine for the next gen systems. The goals did seem very scriped in the past few Fifa's, but they're not anything like that anymore. The ball used to just go into certain parts of the goal, but that's now been fixed. If you play the game properly, playing swift passing football you can make some incredibly sexy goals. Fifa's a brilliant game this year. Fact. (;p)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Have you actually played Fifa 08 on a next gen system ? Because if not, you're whole argument falls apart. The current gen versions (including the PC) are useless, just the same old Fifa tripe, but the versions on 360 and PS3 are magnificent games. Obviously there's a few small bugs, but you'd expect that considering EA have re-made the whole game engine for the next gen systems. The goals did seem very scriped in the past few Fifa's, but they're not anything like that anymore. The ball used to just go into certain parts of the goal, but that's now been fixed. If you play the game properly, playing swift passing football you can make some incredibly sexy goals. Fifa's a brilliant game this year. Fact. (;p)

He has played on it on next-gen, which makes it even more suprising that he thinks its the 'same old'

International Coach
He has played on it on next-gen, which makes it even more suprising that he thinks its the 'same old'

I dont think its the same old. Ive seen all the videos about the new game engine and thats what made me buy FIFA07 (you have to admit that game was crap!).

When i bought FIFA08 i was like, wow, this game is awesome. But goals become the same. Just run, keeper comes out about, curve it round him into the same spot, everytime.

FIFA09 will own PES though.

Users who are viewing this thread