Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Derbyshire Forced To Make Budget Cuts

drefe812bad1ad70ccdff1c.jpg

Clouds are building over Derbyshire's future

The world financial crisis has made its way into county cricket with the Derbyshire County Cricket Club forced to reduce spending with heavy budget cuts. After finishing at a loss last season the club has been forced to reduce the amount of money invested into its youth system, physiotherapy and coaches in a bid to keep the club alive.

?The situation is not ideal but this is what has to happen in order for the club to survive? said coach John Morris whose position at the club will be under review just like everyone else at Derbyshire. ?Our focus will remain on gaining promotion despite what is occurring at the club, I believe in what the people in the front office are doing but it?s my job to worry about what happens on the pitch? said Stuart Law who joined the club this year taking over as captain.

Many people have predicted that Derbyshire will once again be cellar dwellers in this season?s competition but with the future of the club itself in doubt, the players will not only be playing for their future but also the clubs.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Nope, no plans on doing so either.. im not prepared to start at the bottom again plus the game takes way too much of your time. Im still training a batsmen for WI U19 but

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
This didnt get much love... im doing an aussie story instead i never really stuck with an aussie story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread