Football League Playoffs

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
As the semi-finals of the Football League playoffs continue this seemed a better place to discuss them than the Div1,2,3 thread.

Coming up this week there is:

Tue May 18 2004

Nationwide Football League Division One Play-Offs Semi-Final Second Leg
West Ham Utd v Ipswich Town 19:45

Wed May 19 2004

Nationwide Football League Division Two Play-Offs Semi-Final Second Leg
Bristol City v Hartlepool 19:45

Nationwide Football League Division Three Play-Offs Semi-Final Second Leg
Huddersfield v Lincoln City 19:45

Thu May 20 2004

Nationwide Football League Division Two Play-Offs Semi-Final Second Leg
Brighton v Swindon Town 19:45

Nationwide Football League Division Three Play-Offs Semi-Final Second Leg
Mansfield Town v Northampton 19:45

and tonights second leg match between Sunderland and Crystal Palace looking like it will go into extra time thanks to a 90th minute goal by Darren Powell for Palace to make it 2-1 on the night and 4-4 on aggregrate.

jonah

International Coach
Stunning, truly stunning:eek: ! Talk about a see-saw of emotions!

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oops, already posted about this in the wrong thread. Thought it was a great result last night - lets hope Ipswich win tonight and then the Eagles can win the final. Would love to see how AJ gets on in the Premier League

jonah

International Coach
Yeah, a terrific performance from Palace Phil. Dominated the first half only to go in 2 down. The second half I can barely remember Vaesen (thanks for the loan btw!) having to make a save, and although the injury time goal by Powell had an air of a foul by Shipperley on Poom about it I thought it was a deserved goal. Even down to ten men Palace acquitted themselves well, and as for the penalties...wow.
Whoever we get it's going to be tough as all the teams are so evenly matched. But it's a one off match and who knows? If we don't do it I'll be gutted but not distraught, as this is all a bonus to us. Be interesting to see if we hold on to the likes of AJ, Routledge and Gray, and Dowie, if we don't make it though.
Here's a pic anyway of the boss celebrating last night...;)

Attachments

• allsportdowieplayoffdelight.jpg
    allsportdowieplayoffdelight.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 75

jonah

International Coach
So it's Palace v West Ham in the Final. Going to be tough, as West Ham looked good last night v Ipswich, but in a one off match, who knows?

Ste

Executive member
Well done to Palace then, hopefully we can play them on the 1st day of the season and win 6-1 again.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Congratulations to Jonah and all Palace fans - looking forward to seeing AJ in the Premier.

And don't worry Palace fans, Pool won't beat you 6-1. Not now Blues have their best centre forward ;)

jonah

International Coach
Thanks guys; up early despite having a mother of all hangovers! May not have been a great game for the neutrals, but as a Palace fan it was unbearable! That last half an hour seemed like days:eek:.
We'll worry about next season in a few weeks, just enjoy the moment now (btw Ste, I was at that 6-1 game; the first time I saw a certain Michael Owen live - think he scored a couple too:rolleyes:...).
For now though, here's a pic of Ship just after he scored;) :D ...
EEEagles!!!
Also Phil, I hear Brum are sniffing round Julian Gray?

Attachments

• shipperley_playoff1.jpg
    shipperley_playoff1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Originally posted by jonah
Also Phil, I hear Brum are sniffing round Julian Gray?

That's correct Mike, though Palace getting promoted may help your cause.

After taking Morrison off your hands, the least you could do is to give us a decent player ;) :p

Question now is, will you keep Dowie ?

jonah

International Coach
That's the million dollar question Phil. Simon Jordan needs to sort that quickly, so that he'll move his family back down south and settle with Palace. Some bigger clubs will surely be watching closely after what's he's achieved with us, but I really hope he signs a longer contract. Possibly the most important signing Palace could make this summer?

As for Gray, he's talented but can be infuriating. Btw, any chance of letting us keep Vaesen for nowt?;)

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
I know it was now a year and a half ago, but that year was our(Swindon Town) best year in recent times. Anyone watching will know we did not deserve to go out. Why couldn't we hold on for 5 more seconds? ) The 05-06 squad is a good one, but so was the 04-05 should have gone, but inconsistancy cost. Without Sam Parkin and a bad start to the season, it will probably be a dissapointing midtable finish.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I like both teams playing this evening, Yeovil Town and Nottingham Forest. I'll go for a Forest win.

Users who are viewing this thread