Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Off course he will go to Brazil but i am sure he wont play a single match :D

Doubt whether he'll go to Brazil too, Germany have lots of good keepers.

Bevab

Staff Member
If Hans Jorg Butt could make it to South Africa I don't see why Weidenfeller can't make it to Brazil. Heck if Germany lose in the semi finals again he's sure to get a game.

Butt went because Adler was injured and Enke was no more.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Must say i'm a bit surprised to hear that...

War

Chairman of Selectors
Uersfield: Lewandowski's departure marks an end of an era at Dortmund by Stephan Uersfeld - ESPN FC

Good question, potentially it could be really. When the sold Gotze to Bayern i was stunned & now this - it was amazing. Given the rivalry with Bayern, selling to them would be incomprehensible like United to Liverpool, Real to Barca, Inter to Milan direct transfers. Two in less that a year is mad.

Once Lewandowski does you would think it might be difficult for guys like Reus or Gondagun (spell check to stay) since it would be obvious the club ambition to be better than Bayern or be a European powerhouse would not be strong anymore.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Bundesliga has been my second favourite league for the last few seasons. It is now even behind La Liga for me after this, and I hate La Liga. Scotland all over again.

Bayern are probably one of the scummiest clubs around, buying players they don't really need just to weaken their opponents. Dante, Mandzukic and Gotze to name a few.

Bevab

Staff Member
I disagree with Mandzukic, Wolfsburg were quite happy to sell him, indeed they wanted him off their books.

There's Kirchhoff too, a decent prospect, now on loan at Schalke, where he'll most probably be the last option. They'll most probably buy R?de too, the only chance of him not going there is Dortmund making a good offer for him, he's a Dortmund fan.

Dortmund won't just fade away, at least not as long as they have Klopp and co. They'll get Volland or Ramos to replace Lewandowski.

You're overrating their rivalry @War, Bayern don't have any serious rivals, apart from perhaps TSV 1860 M?nchen.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
They already have faded away, this is another nail in the coffin. The league has been done for ages.

Bayern didn't need Mandzukic regardless - Gomez was banging in 25+ goals at that stage.

Another one which is probably the worst is Emre Can. A complete win-win situation for them, Bayer Leverkusen really get screwed over either way. Selling a young player like him to one of the better teams in Germany with a buyback clause is a joke, if he's crap Bayer Leverkusen wasted their money, if he's good he goes back to Bayern. Pointless transfer.

You also have Claudio Pizarro, and to a lesser extent Tom Starke. Absolute joke of a club.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I don't see how it's a joke if they're just doing what every other club wishes they could do and would do if they had the same power. The problem is the system that allows them to manipulate the league like that, not Bayern. They are just taking advantage of it, just as anyone with half a brain would.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I don't see how it's a joke if they're just doing what every other club wishes they could do and would do if they had the same power. The problem is the system that allows them to manipulate the league like that, not Bayern. They are just taking advantage of it, just as anyone with half a brain would.

Sorry mate, that's just how I see a bunch of scumbags that want to ruin a great league. I have a special hatred for Real and Barca too who do the same thing but on a lesser scale. I would for Man City but they tended to overpay for a lot of our average players and I don't think I have a problem with that:D.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
You're overrating their rivalry @War, Bayern don't have any serious rivals, apart from perhaps TSV 1860 M?nchen.

Bayern's league rivals are definitely Dortmund and the buys of Gotze and Lewandowski, both behind the back of Dortmund will only stir it up some more.

Users who are viewing this thread