~Good News~ - OMG look in

sam2002

PC Awards 2005 Best Breakthrough
Online Cricket Games Owned
i got the .cfg files of lighting(.opt) and some main A.I(.cfg) files.look at the screenshot.have u seen this before.

and the A.I look very similer to BLC

sam,
I'm REALLY interested in the AI cfg files. Where did you get these from (configs.dat?).
If they're similar to BLC ones, and therefore can be edited, this could be a major breakthrough...

Yeh ,
Good work sam . Just see what you can do with the AI

great stuff sam

However, it would be even more appreciated if you can post how you access the AI config files - If I can get access to these I should be able to make more challenging gameplay patches as in BLC :)

You could maybe make patch about this....It looks really awesome

another thing i found

Type it in User.ini.

that's great sam, but you still haven't said how you have accessed the ai configs. Do you want to keep this for yourself so you can make patches? If not then please tell all so we can help further the enjoyment for people ???

hi zimrahil
i did't get any file from configs.dat.but i got the patten of the (hard,normal,easy A.I and the .opt files)by Hex editing(which hard to explain).i am working with the strings and the values.

yeah its right zim..

sam, it would be better if you could share your knowledge regarding the config files. c2002 can be made more interesting to play.

thanx
underTaker

hi zimrahil
i did't get any file from configs.dat.but i got the patten of the (hard,normal,easy A.I and the .opt files)by Hex editing(which hard to explain).i am working with the strings and the values.

wow thats a quick reply

ok,sam try on it

thanx
underTaker

Sam until you reveal that you have got further than anyone in cracking the AI, I would think the only thing that can be done without getting to the .cfg files themselves is to swap the easy/normal/hard files around so that you can play for instance, normal mode when you bat and hard mode when you bowl. Thus making 2 new difficulty levels between easy-normal and hard.This is simple to do and indeed I believe such files are available?
And a reminder Sam - you haven't replied to my question in the other thread yet about movement editing.

Sam until you reveal that you have got further than anyone in cracking the AI, I would think the only thing that can be done without getting to the .cfg files themselves is to swap the easy/normal/hard files around so that you can play for instance, normal mode when you bat and hard mode when you bowl. Thus making 2 new difficulty levels between easy-normal and hard.This is simple to do and indeed I believe such files are available?
And a reminder Sam - you haven't replied to my question in the other thread yet about movement editing.

Sam contacted me about this last night and while I havent been able to understand everything about how he changed these files, I can see how he has been able to make the game use his own .cfg files and .opt files instead of the ones in the .dat files. However im still not sure how Sam has created his own .cfg files formatted so that the game understands them.

Ste

Sam contacted me about this last night and while I havent been able to understand everything about how he changed these files, I can see how he has been able to make the game use his own .cfg files and .opt files instead of the ones in the .dat files. However im still not sure how Sam has created his own .cfg files formatted so that the game understands them.

Ste
I hope Sam has been able to crack this as it will allow all the changes that could be done in Lara.
But as both the .opt and .cfg files are packed into the config.dat file we are limited to getting the .exe to call different .cfg or .opt files than the ones it uses now - just swapping one for another which is handy for .opt files but won't be of much use for the AI.
Open the .exe file with a hex editor and you'll see how easy it is to swap things about.

Users who are viewing this thread