World Cup Group B - Pool Matches Discussion Thread

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jadeja is almost irreplaceable right now for ensuring stability to this ODI line up. Would be different if it was a Test match.

Bhuvi is fit from what I hear. I wonder if he will make it into the squad. The 3 seamers were pretty good against Pakistan. Yadav was wayward, but he did get the 2 critical wickets in the middle overs

Yadav is awful with New ball and he has to learn things quickly.
That 2 wickets in the Middle over changed the whole game for us .

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
India bat first again! Happy to see MSD make toss decisions based more on the conditions than on the potential weakness of the Indian bowling to make any total not feel safe.

Should be interesting to see how our openers face up to Steyn and co. I wish Dhawan continues from his previous game of trying to play himself in. If he does that, he would help India a lot because he can naturally score at close to run a ball.

namin96

Club Captain
I think India should have batted second. Our bowling is pretty inconsistent and I wouldn't trust it.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
No Bhuvi still. :/

ed: Well, well. SA have been pretty awful for us in world cups, all three times they were chasing team that won. I think our batsmen need to bat deeply to set a very big total. This time around too they have so many better options like Amla, De Villiers, du Plessis and all we have is an unreliable bowling unit.

Last edited:

deepuparayil

International Cricketer
Looking at the scorecard, India already lost this match. This is a ground where 280+ is the average score and with the Indian bowling we need at least 320+. I can't see them getting to that kinda score now. Rohit Sharma is never an opening batsman material. He waste a lot of balls in the start and put the whole top order under pressure if he gets out early. They should have picked Murali Vijay in the WC squad instead.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Looking at the scorecard, India already lost this match. This is a ground where 280+ is the average score and with the Indian bowling we need at least 320+. I can't see them getting to that kinda score now. Rohit Sharma is never an opening batsman material. He waste a lot of balls in the start and put the whole top order under pressure if he gets out early. They should have picked Murali Vijay in the WC squad instead.

What game are you watching? India have SO FAR recovered from that unfortunate start where they lost Rohit to a run out. And Rohit just played one single over (for a maiden) in this innings and got out while at the non-striker. He was unfortunate today. He slipped and it cost him his wicket.

If this is an attempt at anti-jinx, well you have fooled me.:p

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Please apply the patience mode. There are more than few things yet to be happened in this game.

edit: This partnership is shaping up nicely. Dhawan and Kohli staying at the pitch long time, will chop their waist. We can then take the advantage in death overs to figure up a promising total. Meanwhile yeah, Duminy should bowl more.:p

Last edited:

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Please , Switch to the channel where teams with Blue and Green-Yellow jerseys playing . :p

Last edited:
S

Satan666

A mature knock from Dhawan, pedestrian like but needed against this bowling attack.

grkrama

National Board President
dhoni is workled over, just bowl short to him at death and you will get awy with it easily he just cant murder you as he does to full or length balss and will also ge out more often thatn ot, woakes was the one who started it i guess form then on everone is peperring it short to dhoni at death. he is nt as fast as he used to be to pull it away effectively

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
This is ridiculous, totally ridiculous!! Dhoni's poor form is costing India big time here. I just hope the law of averages against "Dhoni clicking every time he leaves it to the end" does not bite him in this WC (especially at a crucial game). Again, a 320+ score has been kept down to 307. As Abhi says, SA will most likely make us pay unlike Pakistan. Only hope for us here is that, as the evening sets in, the fast bowlers have found some bite from the conditions. Hope our bowlers get the bite from the conditions and turn in a good performance.

On the positives, splendid innings from Dhawan. I was one of the guys who wanted MS and the team to back Dhawan for the WC games and so far, he is turning out to be a revelation. And boy, Rahane played a magical innings. He did the same thing that Raina did last game. The energy that the top order batsmen have shown in these two games is very encouraging to see. Their running has been brilliant and the spirit is good. If only we could capitalize on the last 5 overs, it would be massive for us. Hope Dhoni would indeed peak as usual at the right time for us.

S

Satan666

Well that had me worried @ the 43rd over collapse better late than never :)

Users who are viewing this thread