Group E - England, India, New Zealand, South Africa

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
What an awesome end to the group. RP SWingh was superb, as was Harbhajan. I think the Everton game was delayed to watch the end of the cricket aswell, the toffees must have known i was watching India play :p. Glad that SA are out, not a fan of them at all, Smith annoys the hell out of me. Once again they fail on the big stage.

dikon

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh dear SA choked again.They said they had got over it seems it's coming back to haunt them.

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
It seems that if there's one team worse than India at throwing away seemingly comfortable positions, it's South Africa. Great stuff from India though. To think they've outbatted, outbowled, and outfielded South Africa....thought it was impossible. It was a 2020, but still awesome stuff.

Showed what they can do without the likes of Yuvraj, Sachin, Ganguly, and Dravid. I don't think anyone expected India to get this far. I'm sure the Aussies will knock them off, but still it's been a valiant effort. That said...I'm always optimistic.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
It seems that if there's one team worse than India at throwing away seemingly comfortable positions, it's South Africa.

I think England managed to do that pretty well this tournament.

When India outfield you by miles, you don't deserve the plane ride home. You should walk.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It seems that if there's one team worse than India at throwing away seemingly comfortable positions, it's South Africa. Great stuff from India though. To think they've outbatted, outbowled, and outfielded South Africa....thought it was impossible. It was a 2020, but still awesome stuff.

Showed what they can do without the likes of Yuvraj, Sachin, Ganguly, and Dravid. I don't think anyone expected India to get this far. I'm sure the Aussies will knock them off, but still it's been a valiant effort. That said...I'm always optimistic.

No way! Be optimistic buddy. India are looking very good in this tournament so far, and Australia have lost to Zimbabwe and Pakistan and still are not too comfortable with this format.

I also expect Australia to beat india to go through to the finals, but this is a big thing for me. The big three not there, even though its 20-20, to perform like this is awesome stuff. gives me bright hope for the future. Rohit Sharma! I am becoming a bigger fan now.

Will Yuvraj return for the semis? If yes, then who can we drop? Karthik took a blinder today and did a few good stumpings, but failed with the bat. So if Yuvraj has to come, Karthik has to go out. Sad but thats needed.

I think England managed to do that pretty well this tournament.

When India outfield you by miles, you don't deserve the plane ride home. You should walk.

No! India's fielding in this tournament is like this heavily due to the absence of the big three. Also the replacement guys like Pathan, Harbhajan and Sharma have fielded superbly in this tournament.

Why is Powar not here?

With Harbhajan bowling really well and fielding amazingly, why is Powar needed?

Last edited:

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
No way! Be optimistic buddy. India are looking very good in this tournament so far, and Australia have lost to Zimbabwe and Pakistan and still are not too comfortable with this format.

I guess so but with South Africa's reputation and the India's terrible display in the England ODI series, SA should be ashamed.

With Harbhajan bowling really well and fielding amazingly, why is Powar needed?

Because he did so well in the ODI series and Vettori has shown what taking pace off the ball can do?

Last edited:

Arunava

Club Captain
This is immense pain tbh, i am happy for India and the pain is very much relieved, but RSA should have qualified, OMG.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Exactly, mid-on and mid-off would basically have been covered.

The fielding in this tournament by all teams has been well below-par.

Going by india's reputation, they have been above par for sure.

This is immense pain tbh, i am happy for India and the pain is very much relieved, but RSA should have qualified, OMG.

be happy, be happy. its just 20-20.

i am floating in the air. i didnt expect this to happen at all, and a semifinal berth was a really big thing for me to expect out of india. they have surpassed expectations. irrespective of how they play in the semifinal, they will remain a success in this tournament. the youngsters have put their hands up in the absence of the senior pros and have come out really well.

also i feel South Africa (the country) is proving to be very lucky for india). last time, they reached the final. this time, they have reached the semis with another chance to get into the final. it might sound too optimistic thinking, but i hope india can beat australia and get to the final, and pakistan get to the final beating new zealand. DEADLY FINAL that would be on store! its just a dream now but not impossible.

Last edited:

Justcrazy

Club Cricketer
OMG...Im happy India won buhh sad as well...SA was my 2nd fav team and they're out...if you take out extras of 25 from SA innings they have only scored 91 runs off 120 balls...poor stuff buh great bowling! Im just praying that both India and Pakistan win the semis and reach FINAL....it will be a dream FINAL!!! OMG....

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Where is Surendar?? Must be sleeping. He should get up to the stunning news of India's victory.

I am still in an ecstatic feeling. Will take a long long time to get back to normalcy. Beating South Africa in such a crunch match and in such a comprehensive fashion is nothing short of remarkable.

Sureshot

Executive member
It'd be normality, not normalcy. Although actually looking at my Chambers link on firefox toolbar I can see why you used 'normalcy', why does America not use the real language? Come on, normalcy doesn't sound at all right in any kind of sentence.

.... End rant.

I thought India were good today, though Morne Morkel looks a find for South Africa. What a batting collapse though, they had two in one innings, England be proud!

zub2005

International Coach
good win for india. very well played with the ball and good with the bat at the end. lets do it against australia

Users who are viewing this thread