Have you ever done this??

zreh

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok, i was playing a test match against australia (I was India) And i was batting pretty well, my created player was playing confidently, and was making some big shots... My created player was on 299 runs. Only 1 more to the tripple century!! Brett Lee bowls a yorker, right on my middle stump, I play a cover drive :rolleyes: and my stumps go for a long walk...

I was so ****ed!! I had saved the game after my last over, so i quit, reloaded the game, and happily made sure my player got his tripple century. After that i swore that i would never do this again...Soon my player got out on 317..,

So my question to you guys is...have you ever doen anything similar to what i did. Its pretty pathetic for me to do what i did, but i was so frustrated when i got out on 299

Be honest guys!!

On 299? Heck I do it on 0, 21, 30 odd, 50+ - point is, I do it all the time...that is why they invented the save game.

hmm...may i ask why you were so stupid to play a cover drive of a yorker in the first place? its virtually an impossible shot in cricket anyway let alone a video game!

How on earth did you get to 299 without using the reload feature? :D

JamesyJames3 said:
hmm...may i ask why you were so stupid to play a cover drive of a yorker in the first place? its virtually an impossible shot in cricket anyway let alone a video game!

I dont know man, but it happened to me in real life also, I was on 48, and I attempted to play a cover drive from an inswinging yorker...Not smart.

But in the game, I didn't read the ball too well :D

lol

destiny said:
How on earth did you get to 299 without using the reload feature? :D

I gave my player stacked attributes :D Plus I play in Medium mode :D

zreh said:
Ok, i was playing a test match against australia (I was India) And i was batting pretty well, my created player was playing confidently, and was making some big shots... My created player was on 299 runs. Only 1 more to the tripple century!! Brett Lee bowls a yorker, right on my middle stump, I play a cover drive :rolleyes: and my stumps go for a long walk...

I was so ****ed!! I had saved the game after my last over, so i quit, reloaded the game, and happily made sure my player got his tripple century. After that i swore that i would never do this again...Soon my player got out on 317..,

So my question to you guys is...have you ever doen anything similar to what i did. Its pretty pathetic for me to do what i did, but i was so frustrated when i got out on 299

Be honest guys!!

That must have been frustrating, anyway may I ask how you save during a match?

ducky2 said:
That must have been frustrating, anyway may I ask how you save during a match?

ahh, Im guessing you have the game on Xbox?

You can save the game after every over on PS2 and on PC, but theres no save option for XBOX

zreh said:

Be honest guys!!
i scored 1001 runs off 108 overs see my thread 805 off 90 overs .one batsman also scored 378!!!

Jeez we get the point about your 1001 score! Maybe people would insult you less if you didn't keep going on about it!

i can't seem to go past 50 on most occassions... i don't know how u guys can score so many runs... i don't rush into shots... but i never seem to get too many singles and doubles...

what are you guys doing to score so many runs?

ksduded said:
i can't seem to go past 50 on most occassions... i don't know how u guys can score so many runs... i don't rush into shots... but i never seem to get too many singles and doubles...

what are you guys doing to score so many runs?

Timing is everything in this game, especially when you bat, so if The CPU bowls me a ball that's dangerous to hit, I either let it go, or defend it. Usually my player gets off to a slow start (especially in test matches) but eventually as the confidence rises, my player plays better shots, and makes up for some of the dot balls earlier, by hitting fours and sixes...

My created player scored 317 off 439 balls. Thats a pretty good strike rate...

just learn to be patient when your playing, the big socres will start to come!

Just practice in the nets, and differ from length and line. And train for each when to hit. I got the timing in about an hour.

And I usually hit sixes and fours in long on area, with hitting s and down direction button or s, down and right direction button. If I try to hit in the cover (in Test cricket) there is a chance I will be caught in the slips.

Users who are viewing this thread