help!! game runs too fast

t_kaay

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi, just installed the game but it seems to run at about double the normal speed (i have it on ps2 also). I'm running it on a laptop which is a brand new acer ferrari3200 model, top spec. Contacted EA and they sent me a reply saying I should alter my powersave setting but they couldn't advise how?? Any ideas please??? Thanks

zulaid2005

School Cricketer
ive got a very old computer and the game runs very slow...... wanna swap?

brad352

Executive member
Have a look through these

All through the search tool, we'd appreciate it if you could use that before you post, to see if your question has been answered.

You can try changing the detail settings, changing AA or resolution, or if none of that works use !xspeed to slow down the game

Mr. P

School Cricketer
I have a problem which occured to me when you posted that, almost the opposite...

I run the game on 640 x 480, which gives the graphics a slightly pixelated look...but it runs on a normal speed...not too fast, not at all slow...annoying though because even though it is only slightly pixelated...ive played on 1024 x 1200 or whatever it is and the game looks awesome...but runs real slow:(

brad352

Executive member
Mr. P said:
I have a problem which occured to me when you posted that, almost the opposite...

I run the game on 640 x 480, which gives the graphics a slightly pixelated look...but it runs on a normal speed...not too fast, not at all slow...annoying though because even though it is only slightly pixelated...ive played on 1024 x 1200 or whatever it is and the game looks awesome...but runs real slow:(
Reason for that is your computer is crap and can't handle the higher resolution

Mr. P

School Cricketer
strange thing is my computer ain't that crap

how good does my computer have to be to handle resolution?

brad352

Executive member
Well Cricket 2004 isn't a very demanding game, what are your specs?

brad352

Executive member
Graphics card specifically (Go to start, click run, type dxdiag and go to the display tab)

Mr. P

School Cricketer
S3 Graphics ProSavage DRR? Is that what you want?

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yup,not good enough to handle 1280X1024 !! Anyways if you want to play at higher resolutions,try playing it with xspeed set to 1.41 or above which will make the game speed seem normal even at high resolution..

brad352

Executive member
Yeah, that's it, and that's the reason you can't run it at any decent resolution

Yup,not good enough to handle 1280X1024 !! Anyways if you want to play at higher resolutions,try playing it with xspeed set to 1.41 or above which will make the game speed seem normal even at high resolution..
He's lucky to even be playing the game with that graphics card- and using !xspeed when the game would be running about 15FPS will just make it more jumpy

Mr. P

School Cricketer
what is the cost of a better graphics card (ie much better)

Users who are viewing this thread