Help in buying Db Cricket 14 for pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie1

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
it will greatly benefit the developers when you buy directly of steam, also though there is no region locking for DBC, there is a chance that the developer can block these keys through steam, in future if they are found to be bulk purchased keys from low priced region and sold n used in another region.

Actually I'd be interested to know if it does make a difference or not to the devs where it's purchased from as it might make me think twice in the future before buying stuff from CD key websites.

I got DBC 14 from Steam so that I had it preloaded and ready on release day but when games like Grid Autosport are around £16 on key websites and it's £30 on Steam it's hard to justify paying the higher price for a homogeneous product! Assuming the developers still get the same amount from the sale and it's the seller who's sacrificing their profit margin then I can't see how there would be a problem - happy to be corrected though if that's not the case

Ch0rus

Club Captain
Exactly, high priced region or low priced region, devs shouldnt be affected...
Anyways ive sent a pm to all mods... Delayed the purchase for 12 hours...

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Assuming the developers still get the same amount from the sale
They don't. With the digital game - Valve/Steam take a percentage royalty, with the rest going back to the dev/publisher - so the lower the retail price the lower the amount they make.

At least that's the case here, where they are probably just selling someone buying it off the Russian Steam store and gifting it to you - it's about half the price of the game in the rest of the world.

In other cases keys are via cheap physical copies - again mostly via attempts to actually sell legal copies in developing markets.

I'm not aware of anywhere that the game is sold physically with a retail price that minus taxes would give you anything near the price being sold for on that site - so while it says 'CD-KEY' in the title, I'd be surprised if you actually get that.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Im sorry i dont follow...
I can't think of anywhere that DBC14 retails cheap enough to result in keys being available at those prices.

The risk is all yours if you want to try and save a few bucks over the Steam price.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ch0rus, the game is well worth the extra 12 bucks on steam and more. Ross has said they dont like to lower their price as Cricket is such a niche game
I have bought copies for both PS3 and PC and spent countless hours and yet I still have explore the Tests and Tournaments. Money well spent
If need be, wait few more days and save some bucks each day towards the game

Ch0rus

Club Captain
The risk is all yours if you want to try and save a few bucks over the Steam price.
Ok so dont think that im hell bent on saving those bucks, and believe me right now im not worried about the risk factor either, the thing is, i sincerely do intend upon supporting the devs... So ill try to arrange the xtra money... But i have to know, that if i do end up buying from that cheaper site, will there be any problems in accessing the downloads forum???[DOUBLEPOST=1406423761][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ch0rus, the game is well worth the extra 12 bucks on steam and more. Ross has said they dont like to lower their price as Cricket is such a niche game
I have bought copies for both PS3 and PC and spent countless hours and yet I still have explore the Tests and Tournaments. Money well spent
If need be, wait few more days and save some bucks each day towards the game
Im definately considering that...

Ch0rus

Club Captain
Well thats that then... Im off to bed... Hopefully my next update will be that i bought it from steam... Thank you all for all the help!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1406424654][/DOUBLEPOST]Darn used "all" twice

Ch0rus

Club Captain
Buying from steam, puts me back a month in getting a R9-280x... Nevertheless, yo devs... Supporting u!!!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
I'm so pleased we were all able to join you on your purchasing journey... Next time you're out buying pants and trying to find the right size, please make thread and be sure to inquire whether or not your ass "looks big in this?"

It does, btw.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
NO IT DOESNT!!! U take that back right now!!

0ee33a912f849cb464962f92eceb2710c6d4e51fa154960d3dbbd99d16ca7e6f.jpg

Ch0rus

Club Captain
Given the difference was about $12 - how many months is that taking you?
The thing is it doesnt matter its $12 or $10... Ive been saving up every month for that R9-280X, and with my next months savings i would have just enough to buy it... So taking some amount means that i have to wait for another month... I dont save up on a daily basis, i just put some money aside on the 1st of every month...[DOUBLEPOST=1406465711][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thats sooo out of context... I got mine in BLACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread