Help in buying Db Cricket 14 for pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch0rus

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
DOWN BOY KRAKDOG DOWN!!! Thats not Biggs... That's Barmy, he has a Army... We're afraid of him

jawad hemani

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I don't think he is a pirate because he recommended me a dealer on PG to buy the game. But what is his logic, i don't know. What's good in verifying the game after patch 3 which doesn't even has a release date(as far as i know).

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
@Biggs @Madman

He needs to bend to evil and let it get inside of him[DOUBLEPOST=1406589552][/DOUBLEPOST]
1. In my life I've never posted my steam ID anywhere for developers, no game developers ask you to do this else they will make rains, disconnect controllers etc to annoy the legit users too

How stupid can you be? Honestly. There hasn't been a single user who has experienced these problems that has ended up having a legitimate copy of the game.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd imagine that if that's what you've been brought up seeing, then it'd seem perfectly normal, especially if everywhere did it...

You're assuming of course that I haven't lived or travelled to places where this business is common place. I've seen things and know too many people (important distinction, people not friends) that wilfully steal games online via torrents, know it's wrong, and don't care. All conversations with these people are lost causes because in every case they'll cite "games cost too much" as an excuse. When you explain they cost money because they're paying for people's jobs and the cost is there because you support the creative industry that produces these games for us their eyes glaze over and they shrug.

Even if it cost $1 to buy DBC14 people would STILL steal it because some people are unreasonable assholes and they'd claim a dollar is "too much" or whatever... Yet they're often first in line to shell out for the latest hardware to play their cracked games. It's messed up.

......and briefly, what Ross is doing is not "DRM" like Ubisoft, because he's simply manually logging IP's of the dumb shits that play the cracked games via Steam and then targeting them for the extended rain delays. It's really genius. There's been no reports of anyone who genuinely has paid for the PC copy experiencing the known pirate errors... I think it's pretty bold for a guy (orange, whatever his name is) who is flaunting the fact he prolly has a pirate copy complaining about issues in the game. He's basically going to do a Balkeet and play the pirated copy until he buys the legit version, while still having the gall to post here and complain about his virus ridden cracked copy.

Pretty dumb.

Also, I love that PC.net is balls out supporting the Developers with asking for confirmation of purchase, because it means they're going to in turn keep supporting the community here. Ultimately, that's win/win for everyone.

Ch0rus

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well since u like to travel, come to Pakistan sometime, u shall be welcomed like a prince if u come to Hyderabad!!! Plus, u could personally start a poll and see how many people know what steam actually is, plus it'd save Krakdog the trip to NZ...
On a more serious note, please take this advice as advice, nothing else, dont make fun of Muslim names... Cuz many Muslims are named after religious figures or God Himself (Not in this case)... Its abitofa sensitive issue... Hope u understand Biggsy :yes

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
I almost made it to Pakistan about a year and a half ago, sorting visas for it where I was based at the time involved standing in a long line... I don't do, "queue".

EDIT:

Errr... Hold fire,

Wasn't aware I was making fun of any Muslim names. Not my style.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Summary of this thread - The cheapest place to buy this game legally and be sure that it is legit is Steam.

For further discussion of this most exciting debate that runs around in circles - Limiting Piracy of Cricket Games - PlanetCricket Forums

A comment from me:

I genuinely believe this is our last shot for a PC cricket game. Ross could have looked at the piracy figures and just saved his time and money and not bothered, just like Codemasters would have done in deciding not to do International Cricket 2010 on PC.

Considering how this site is largely dependent on modding the PC versions of cricket games, making sure that the market for PC Cricket games is considered big enough to bother with is of major important to us as a site. That's why we are doing the verification, because we chose to do it as a way to give a carrot to having more of our memberbase purchase the game. Not Big Ant - they implemented modding before we made the decision, we could have chosen to open it up and achieve better visitor numbers on the back of that section.

But the future of our site depends on the future of cricket games on PC. Sure, Big Ant might make some mods happen on consoles, but the huge flexibility we've had to be able to totally transform other cricket games is only possible on PC.

If everyone reading this forum who has played the game on PC, bought the game on PC, then this wouldn't be an issue - the numbers still wouldn't be massive, but they would sustain the cost of porting future releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread