Help in buying Db Cricket 14 for pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawad hemani

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
But I'm sorry, I simply don't believe someone who is old enough to own a computer thinks that downloading something, for free, isn't 'cheating' the system somehow. I've seen the horrible art-work on the plastic-bagged "pirated" versions of games in these kinda shops, there's absolutely no way someone of any intelligence looking at those games doesn't think to themselves "hmmm, is this legit?"
Believe it or not this is the case here

inertSpark

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
To be fair, there are different types of ignorance.

• Someone may genuinely be ignorant to the reality of the situation. They have a lack of knowledge that they have no way to obtain
  • Someone may be willfully ignorant. They have no desire to regard the facts, despite evidence to support those. Somewhat akin to sticking ones fingers in ones ears and singing a lalala song.
Only one of which can be deemed an insult, and certainly only one of which can be defenceless. As has been mentioned a few times, in certain societies, there is simply no way to obtain the truth. You could be the most conscientious person in the world and actively seek information as to whether an activity is legit, however if everyone you ask tells you that buying a $1 game is legal, then what reason have you to think otherwise if the information is not available? In this case you could argue that in all reasonableness, the individual has done everything in their power to seek the truth.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
But I don't believe a lot of them have.
These people must know the price of a genuine game nowadays. If they can't get a good internet connection at home I'm sure they can somewhere in their locality. They own a computer which has to be quite high spec to run DB Cricket, so they aren't what we accept as being poor.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Right...

no game developers ask you to do this else they will make rains, disconnect controllers etc to annoy the legit users too..

I doubt that Ross would annoy his paying customers by inconveniencing them in that sort of way - no one who has complained of those issues has ever proved that they've had ownership of the game. I'm sure that if they could, you'd see Ross rushing to try to work out what the issue was and push out a quick hot fix for it. Its also a relatively common thing to introduce bugs for pirates: old copies of FM used to shuffle world cup qualifications so that the worst teams would qualify and whatever: and there are a few FPSs that put an undefeatable enemy right at the start of a level that is quicker than you so you always die. Pissing off those who don't buy the game is actually really common, and is often done in very funny ways. Also; quite a few developers make you prove ownership to get access to parts of forums: the mod forums for Paradox Interactive games are locked out until you put in your CD key. Just because you've never seen it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen!

This reminds me of Assassin's Creed II when UBISoft released it they said this game could never be pirated as it needed a constant internet connection to play....

Its also nothing like always-on DRM. That shit is toxic because it treats your paying customers like criminals who need to be monitored at all times. I know how bad that stuff can get - I pre-ordered Sim City 5! However; I'd argue that as long as DBC14s DRM remains undefeated and continues to not block out paying customers: then its the best form of DRM, one that is unobtrusive to the end user and annoys those pirating the game in a funny way.

I know you won't agree with me on this that the online has more bugs than career mode.. offline is half baked... and you want me to share my steam ID....

Shock, horror: I don't think the game is 100% perfect! I'm sure I've posted more than a few angry posts at people who just after release, even before release, were shouting down those with legitimate issues as being "haters" or whatnot. I'm sure I said that I thought that pre-patch 2 I thought that Test Matches were almost unplayable because of the bowler speed glitch. You'll see tonnes of people posting their issues with the game without any issue if you spend any length of time looking around the forum. The difference with you is that you're like "Look at all of these bugs that I'm going to moan about without saying what they are!" Its just plain bad posting. Remarkably enough: in order for developers to improve their product they need to know the issues that people are having with it: and not saying what they are helps no one and annoys everyone.[DOUBLEPOST=1406582708][/DOUBLEPOST]and now for something a little lighter:

I've seen the horrible art-work on the plastic-bagged "pirated" versions of games in these kinda shops, there's absolutely no way someone of any intelligence looking at those games doesn't think to themselves "hmmm, is this legit?". I mean, often times you're buying it from a dude down a side-alley who looks unable to dress himself properly. So, while I agree with you that it's an attitudinal issue in these countries and people genuinely don't give a shit, I somehow doubt the people who do pirate this stuff, are oblivious to the fact it's entirely illegal.

I'd imagine that if that's what you've been brought up seeing, then it'd seem perfectly normal, especially if everywhere did it. The reason that we see the contrast is because game shops have existed in the UK/Kiwiland for decades, and mostly haven't sold pirated games since the cassette tape vanished...

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
We weren't talking about myself... anyway Yess I do....

For the life of me I can't understand why you won't register your copy. One of the reasons for buying the PC version has surely got to be so you can access all of the fantastic mods they people have created. You are missing out aren't you?
And the bugs that you mention as being the reason for you not registering your copy. That's just a pathetic excuse.

Ch0rus

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I understand it's a systemic problem across the sub-continent and to an extent the middle-east as well. But I'm sorry, I simply don't believe someone who is old enough to own a computer thinks that downloading something, for free, isn't 'cheating' the system somehow. I've seen the horrible art-work on the plastic-bagged "pirated" versions of games in these kinda shops, there's absolutely no way someone of any intelligence looking at those games doesn't think to themselves "hmmm, is this legit?". I mean, often times you're buying it from a dude down a side-alley who looks unable to dress himself properly. So, while I agree with you that it's an attitudinal issue in these countries and people genuinely don't give a shit, I somehow doubt the people who do pirate this stuff, are oblivious to the fact it's entirely illegal.
Actually, as stated above, most dont have high speed internet connections, so most people buy pirated Dvds instead... I agree, once u start downloading games, u have to know they're not legit, with all the phrases like "Cracked" and "No Steam"... People mostly download light apps or softwares, all/most of which have free versions so that also creates a sense that everythings free... Also there is another phenomena that i like to call "Internet illiteracy", which means that u just use the internet ONLY for common things like Fb, music, movies... Most people here don't have the curiosity to venture further into the vast reaches of the web... DVD covers are good here, pretty realistic :p

[QUOTE="Biggs, post: 2845239, member: 58583"
All that being said, I think we've diverted the course of this thread enough, so I'm back to watching who makes it to first base between Ch0rus and jawad. $1.30 odds have @Ch0rus making it to second base before the end of the day...[/QUOTE]
THERE I FOUND HIM!!!! HE JUST SAID "BASE" ON A CRICKET FORUM... RELEASE THE DOGS!!! or maybe the Krakken... Maybe a krakdog...
THOUGH SHANT ESCAPE THE KRAKDOG, UNBELIEVER!!!!!

Last edited:

Ch0rus

Club Captain
VlPXP0W.jpg
VlPXP0W

An example @Biggs

Last edited:

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
You'll need to upload that to imgur or somewhere, its behind a log-in wall :)

Ch0rus

Club Captain
And @Orangzeb im sorry but im with the rest on this one, i dont see any reason not to do it... My advice, if u've got it, flaunt it...[DOUBLEPOST=1406585632][/DOUBLEPOST]

Orangzeb

Banned
Shock, horror: I don't think the game is 100% perfect! I'm sure I've posted more than a few angry posts at people who just after release, even before release, were shouting down those with legitimate issues as being "haters" or whatnot. I'm sure I said that I thought that pre-patch 2 I thought that Test Matches were almost unplayable because of the bowler speed glitch. You'll see tonnes of people posting their issues with the game without any issue if you spend any length of time looking around the forum. The difference with you is that you're like "Look at all of these bugs that I'm going to moan about without saying what they are!" Its just plain bad posting. Remarkably enough: in order for developers to improve their product they need to know the issues that people are having with it: and not saying what they are helps no one and annoys everyone.

See patch3 wishlist / PC Issues threads I posted there , many people have !

For the life of me I can't understand why you won't register your copy. One of the reasons for buying the PC version has surely got to be so you can access all of the fantastic mods they people have created. You are missing out aren't you?
And the bugs that you mention as being the reason for you not registering your copy. That's just a pathetic excuse.

I'm not interested in mods while from Rookie to Legend AI can't play according to match situation, they miss free hits and can't be run out.

Same bullshit from Orangzeb.

Do you hate me co'z My Fav Team is Austrailia ? :d

jawad hemani

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
And @Orangzeb im sorry but im with the rest on this one, i dont see any reason not to do it... My advice, if u've got it, flaunt it...[DOUBLEPOST=1406585632][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah i agree too[DOUBLEPOST=1406586169][/DOUBLEPOST]
See patch3 wishlist thread I posted there , many people have !

I'm not interested in mods while from Rookie to Legend AI can't play according to match situation, they miss free hits and can't be run out.
Post your all errors with steam id. Devs will try to fix the problem

Ch0rus

Club Captain
BDW I got the 6 sixes achievement in my 1st match :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread