Help in buying Db Cricket 14 for pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawad hemani

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Actually its not necessarily a veiled threat... U wouldnt believe the lack of awareness here in Pak... From the moment u step into the gaming world, ur already a pirate, many people arent even aware that games can be bought legally or that they can be bought from Pak... Piracy is not a fad, its like a tradition... U arent even aware that there IS any other way to buy games other the cracked versions... Piracy is soooo common and widespread that many pirates dont even know that what they're doing is wrong
Exact same my reply to all the mates here. Here you enter the largest market of the sub-continent i.e in Karachi,the Rambow centre, you ask for a game and they give you cracked copy of the game for half a dollar. The buyer does not know in Pakistan that he is buying a pirated copy. So if they do not release the physical copy and just throw it out on steam, People would assume that they are not releasing it in Pakistan and the ones without internet would go for piracy. I can easily say that maximum 10% of Pakistanis know anything named "Steam" and maximum 25% know about piracy. I can easily say that more than a 90% buy pirated games and softwares around the world. If BigAnt decides not to release the game on DVD in the sub-continent then i would not blame the ones without internet or steam facility to pirate the game.. As simple as that.

zombieian

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
"The buyer does not know in Pakistan that he is buying a pirated copy"

Or care? So, you buy a game for 'half a dollar', without suspecting that it might be a pirate copy?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'd imagine that if you've been brought up in that world with games always being sold for 50¢, then you'd assume that it is perfectly normal and that there is nothing wrong with it. If most shops sold games for the retail price but one had games that were very cheap for some reason then it'd probably seem more odd. That's why Steam and digital distribution is a good thing: if retail piracy is as widespread as many here suggest that it is: then it provides a way for people to get a copy of the game that definitely is legit . I suppose those of us in the west know about piracy and suchlike because we've been educated about it from a young age with the continual media coverage that music, film and software piracy has had for as long as I've lived ("Don't copy that floppy!!"). I'd imagine that its completely different from the perspective from a young kid in Pakistan.

Must add the traditional disclaimer: doesn't make it OK to do!

Ch0rus

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

So, you buy a game for 'half a dollar', without suspecting that it might be a pirate copy?
YES!!! Is it so incomprehensible for u??? As i said before, i had absolutely no idea about piracy until i shifted from physical pirated Dvds to downloading cracked games online... Only then did i realize that games arent supposed to be that cheap or free altogether...

I'd imagine that if you've been brought up in that world with games always being sold for 50¢, then you'd assume that it is perfectly normal and that there is nothing wrong with it. If most shops sold games for the retail price but one had games that were very cheap for some reason then it'd probably seem more odd.. I suppose those of us in the west know about piracy and suchlike because we've been educated about it from a young age with the continual media coverage that music, film and software piracy has had for as long as I've lived ("Don't copy that floppy!!"). I'd imagine that its completely different from the perspective from a young kid in Pakistan.
U have no idea how true that is...
We werent brought up with warnings against piracy... Google Pakistan news... U would realize that there are several issues in Pakistan that (for our country) make a problem like piracy trivial...

jawad hemani

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Or care? So, you buy a game for 'half a dollar', without suspecting that it might be a pirate copy?
He doesn't know. They even doesn't know any way other than buying pirated copies. And if they don't know what are legal copies how would they suspect it? I hope you know that almost every internet servers in Pakistan offers pirated games online for download. Infact the servers which don't offer pirated games,films and software are considered bad servers. And how much they charge for the service? 5-10$ maximum.

Last edited:

zombieian

International Coach
I'd imagine that if you've been brought up in that world with games always being sold for 50¢, then you'd assume that it is perfectly normal and that there is nothing wrong with it. If most shops sold games for the retail price but one had games that were very cheap for some reason then it'd probably seem more odd. That's why Steam and digital distribution is a good thing: if retail piracy is as widespread as many here suggest that it is: then it provides a way for people to get a copy of the game that definitely is legit . I suppose those of us in the west know about piracy and suchlike because we've been educated about it from a young age with the continual media coverage that music, film and software piracy has had for as long as I've lived ("Don't copy that floppy!!"). I'd imagine that its completely different from the perspective from a young kid in Pakistan.

Must add the traditional disclaimer: doesn't make it OK to do!

I suppose the old phrase 'ignorance is bliss' is appropriate here.

Ch0rus

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I suppose the old phrase 'ignorance is bliss' is appropriate here.
Well i've done all i can to make u believe about the lack of awareness, heck 2 Pakistanis are trying to explain that point... But u would instead believe its "Ignorance"... Some might call that "Ignorance"... Nevertheless, u are completely entitled to your opinion, i shall try no more to change it...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
I understand it's a systemic problem across the sub-continent and to an extent the middle-east as well. But I'm sorry, I simply don't believe someone who is old enough to own a computer thinks that downloading something, for free, isn't 'cheating' the system somehow. I've seen the horrible art-work on the plastic-bagged "pirated" versions of games in these kinda shops, there's absolutely no way someone of any intelligence looking at those games doesn't think to themselves "hmmm, is this legit?". I mean, often times you're buying it from a dude down a side-alley who looks unable to dress himself properly. So, while I agree with you that it's an attitudinal issue in these countries and people genuinely don't give a shit, I somehow doubt the people who do pirate this stuff, are oblivious to the fact it's entirely illegal.

All that being said, I think we've diverted the course of this thread enough, so I'm back to watching who makes it to first base between Ch0rus and jawad. $1.30 odds have @Ch0rus making it to second base before the end of the day...

zombieian

International Coach
Many of the people who come on this forum asking for help with the PC version seem to come from Pakistan. They know full well that they have the pirated version of the game, because when they are asked to verify their copy you never hear from them again. I don't accept your argument that most people don't realise they have a pirated copy and that it's wrong to pirate. In the end they are the masters of their own fate because piracy costs everyone. The cost of games spirals and becomes even more unaffordable to people with less money to spend.

Orangzeb

Banned
Jawad you can goto Pakgamers and ask Jshak the moderator as Chorus said... he's a good guy I'm also on PG since last 7 years or so.....
heck 2 Pakistanis are trying to explain that point
Count me in..... The problem is that as chorus said before the kids don't know what legal copies are , heck their parents don't know either.... on top of that it's not easy to get credit cards.. paypal is banned not everyone has so good internet connection to download GBs.... while ps3 , ps4 and xbox original disks are available here to purchase but not PC.

Then you can't play online co'z of shitty internet connections....

zombieian

International Coach
Do you know what a legal copy is?

Well it's about time the kids and their parents did then. Ignorance is no defence.
Most other countries seem to have to come to terms with the fact that piracy is theft and not a way of life.

Last edited:

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Jawad you can goto Pakgamers and ask Jshak the moderator as Chorus said... he's a good guy I'm also on PG since last 7 years or so.....

Count me in..... The problem is that as chorus said before the kids don't know what legal copies are , heck their parents don't know either.... on top of that it's not easy to get credit cards.. paypal is banned not everyone has so good internet connection to download GBs.... while ps3 , ps4 and xbox original disks are available here to purchase but not PC.

Well, you seem to be old enough to know what a real copy of the game is. On that topic: have you actually bought it yet?

jawad hemani

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Yes you are correct. I don't think i have any other choice but to ask that man on PG. But i am not planning to buy the game now. Hopefully with the release of fifa and GTA, I will go shopping and if ,by then, DBC14 will not be available physically on PC then i will buy it From Jshak on PG. On the other hand i will be saving till then

Orangzeb

Banned
and here we go again........................ Okay I will clear this last time here :

1. In my life I've never posted my steam ID anywhere for developers, no game developers ask you to do this else they will make rains, disconnect controllers etc to annoy the legit users too... Take GTA 5 for an example from the era of 84 till now it has never happened... This reminds me of Assassin's Creed II when UBISoft released it they said this game could never be pirated as it needed a constant internet connection to play.... they annoyed legit users by doing this and ppl said they will never buy a game from ubisoft for this stupid protection system but guess what happened someone cracked it and left a message for ubisoft which was in a text file and it was :
Thank you Ubisoft, this was quiete a challenge for us, but nothing stops the leading force from doing what we do. Next time focus on the game and not on the DRM. It was probably horrible for all legit users. We just make their lifes easier.

and more

This release is an accomplishment of weeks of investigating, experimenting, testing and lots of hard work. We know that there is a server emulator out in the open, which makes the game playable, but when you look at our cracked content, you will know that it can't be compared to that. Our work does not construct any program deviation or any kind of host file paradox solutions. Install game and copy the cracked content, it's that simple.

I know you won't agree with me on this that the online has more bugs than career mode.. offline is half baked... Previous cricket game developers and this forum staff never asked this before DBC? and you want me to share my steam ID....

NO !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread