How are you doing in your career?

kulch

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don’t think that is possible in this version of Ashes, if it is not already incorporated.
My guess is that it may need major tweak in the career mode setup. We can realistically expect it in next version of the game.

It was in DBC14 though and now it's gone, it's a tough pill to swallow in that simulating/playing horrible gets u the same sp as playing like Don Bradman, until you get promoted. I hope they can add % modifiers to sp based on match milestones like 50s 100s 200s 5fas and/or wickets/catches taken etc.
Maybe they can tweak those career goals which earn xp into match day goals that earn sp. For example hit a ton get 1000sp. Take 3 wickets get 500sp. There needs to be variation of reward, and even loss of sp for ducks. As it's stands we are all going at the same pace regardless of how we perform. It's a railroaded career mode.

Michael Gower

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Career so far and selection status about halfway through second season

Attachments

• B2A84853-B439-4354-BF09-5C2D12B8D258.jpeg
    B2A84853-B439-4354-BF09-5C2D12B8D258.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 66
  • 7C6078E9-46D4-4B61-A45C-82BE0B652C70.jpeg
    7C6078E9-46D4-4B61-A45C-82BE0B652C70.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 65

kulch

Club Captain
It’ll be the default I think, was excited to play it just wanted to get started
Will be interesting to compare our results. So midway thru 2nd season on normal (default) selection difficulty with an avg of 30-40 as an all rounder (I presume) you are getting noticed.
I wonder if you avg 60+ this would be faster or if the selection criteria is based on time at the crease and not your performance.

Michael Gower

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Will be interesting to compare our results. So midway thru 2nd season on normal (default) selection difficulty with an avg of 30-40 as an all rounder (I presume) you are getting noticed.
I wonder if you avg 60+ this would be faster or if the selection criteria is based on time at the crease and not your performance.
I’ll see what happens, although I did notice once I started getting interest from county the rest soon followed hit 67 on debut I think and took 6 wickets it’s got to be my bowling that has got me noticed as my batting is inconsistent

kulch

Club Captain
I’ll see what happens, although I did notice once I started getting interest from county the rest soon followed hit 67 on debut I think and took 6 wickets it’s got to be my bowling that has got me noticed as my batting is inconsistent
They are great bowling figures for a rookie. What match difficulty and bowling controls do you play? I've struggled to take wickets but scoring runs at will

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My club 3 day went into a 4th day for 12 or so overs untill a draw was called, anyone else had this?

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
My club 3 day went into a 4th day for 12 or so overs untill a draw was called, anyone else had this?

Yes I had a Sheffield Shield game go into day 5 , had around 10 overs before drawing the game , think I had weather delay on afternoon of 4th day that might have something to do with , but it’s still wrong..

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes I had a Sheffield Shield game go into day 5 , had around 10 overs before drawing the game , think I had weather delay on afternoon of 4th day that might have something to do with , but it’s still wrong..
I think we have to start ignoring one of cases or rare occurrences issues. I am not saying those might not be bugs, but from developers perspective if we think then everything can not be simulated or fixed. This is just my view. Anyways posting in Bugs thread is always recommended.

Michael Gower

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
They are great bowling figures for a rookie. What match difficulty and bowling controls do you play? I've struggled to take wickets but scoring runs at will
Think it’s amateur still can’t bat though have bowling on pro love setting the batsman up then taking his middle stump out the ground

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I think we have to start ignoring one of cases or rare occurrences issues. I am not saying those might not be bugs, but from developers perspective if we think then everything can not be simulated or fixed. This is just my view. Anyways posting in Bugs thread is always recommended.

Agree it’s not a game breaker for me , just a rare bug

Michael Gower

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Want to start an ashes series but finding boundary’s to easy to hit any ideal adjustments for slider settings that will help? Any ideas much appreciated[DOUBLEPOST=1512215817][/DOUBLEPOST]
Think it’s amateur still can’t bat though have bowling on pro love setting the batsman up then taking his middle stump out the ground
Think it’s classic controls

Michael Gower

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Going back on tonight 4th or 5th game with Derbyshire career will upload any exciting images

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Want to start an ashes series but finding boundary’s to easy to hit any ideal adjustments for slider settings that will help? Any ideas much appreciated[DOUBLEPOST=1512215817][/DOUBLEPOST]
Think it’s classic controls
Put the difficulty up

Users who are viewing this thread