I am sorry as a potential buyer of DBC 17 , I am confused.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just as a note to @knockedin :

Its JUST the team Logo that now is unavailable to use from the downloaded teams , bar that everything else works perfectly in terms of the downloadable content .

The Team Logo is the one on the Left side of the Teams name , when you scroll through them to select a Team .

knockedin

Club Captain

Its JUST the team Logo that now is unavailable to use from the downloaded teams , bar that everything else works perfectly in terms of the downloadable content .

The Team Logo is the one on the Left side of the Teams name , when you scroll through them to select a Team .
I download teams that have bats assigned when they're uploaded yet some players don't have them assigned when I check after the download

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yes , there is some players without Bats . The guys said they made it like this as no one has created the guys specific Bat yet , meaning in future once its created , you should just re-download the whole team or just the actual bat made and assign it to the player.

I only Download the "Official" teams of Fissionmailed , Snowycasanova (Casper) and Llewelynf (Friedlele) , they are the quality work .

So on the International Front that means England , Australia , South Africa , New Zealand and Pakistan is all done .

Expecting an Indian one from Friedlele sometime today .

knockedin

Club Captain
Yes , there is some players without Bats . The guys said they made it like this as no one has created the guys specific Bat yet , meaning in future once its created , you should just re-download the whole team or just the actual bat made and assign it to the player.

I only Download the "Official" teams of Fissionmailed , Snowycasanova (Casper) and Llewelynf (Friedlele) , they are the quality work .

So on the International Front that means England , Australia , South Africa , New Zealand and Pakistan is all done .

Expecting an Indian one from Friedlele sometime today .
Yeah I only download theirs as well, however players that they have said they assigned bats to don't have any on my academy. I would say 80-90% of my players from those teams don't have a bat assigned. I can just go to friedlele on the academy and download then assign the bats manually.

gamer22

Club Captain
As a future buyer (I certainly will) the only thing which is holding me back is crashes. According to the posters who have played the game there is so much to fix so i don't think I'll be able to hold of my purchase for months.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
If you go back to the out of box experience - delete ALL save data - then the crashes will be gone.

I do understand the frustration people are having, we are doing our best to rectify things as fast as possible, including rushing a patch through already.

The game works out of the box and it was not possible to test the teams on the Academy as they did not exist in November when the game was submitted.

As @knockedin said, no one intends to use the game as it is out of the box. I am a Software Engineer in Test. The food on my plate is got by testing software. What people of my trade do is create drivers, stubs and mocks of components which are not available and run our tests with those to ensure production like(customer like) environment as much as possible. It is lame to say that academy teams weren't available so you couldn't test it. You might have to hire better Quality Assurance folks. I know you are the CEO and get quite angry if people tell you what to do but as a customer who purchased the game on day 1, I feel I have the rights to say it. I feel cheated. I evangelized this game to my friends and made them buy it and now I look like a fool for doing so. I really wanted to like this game. I persisted with it hoping things would be okay. But a couple of days ago, I just hit the breaking point. I had posted in another thread that I am done with this and not going to post anything here again. But since BA staff himself was responding to this thread, I wanted to give one last shot at getting the message across. We humans have lots of hope, don't we :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 46200

Could this also be the logo for the stadium as I had a crash going into my first County Championship game? Surrey Oval.

D

Deleted member 46200

Could this also be the logo for the stadium as I had a crash going into my first County Championship game? Surrey Oval.

Forgot to mention, I downloaded 'get best' without Team logos.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have seen the DBC 14 Improved From Level 5 to Level 10 and now with Best Gameplay and Best Stable version , Only Because of BA's tremendous Support , This Make me fully Confident as Customer

Reactions: DAP

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
As a future buyer (I certainly will) the only thing which is holding me back is crashes. According to the posters who have played the game there is so much to fix so i don't think I'll be able to hold of my purchase for months.

Since last update, I didn't encounter any crash. Played for solid 3 hours yesterday. However the other issues are there which I'm hoping will be fixed soon. I have kept the game due to BA after sales support.

gamer22

Club Captain
Since last update, I didn't encounter any crash. Played for solid 3 hours yesterday. However the other issues are there which I'm hoping will be fixed soon. I have kept the game due to BA after sales support.
Did you download the teams from academy with the custom logos?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
That is the only thing they have disabled on get best, the TEAM logo[DOUBLEPOST=1482652354][/DOUBLEPOST]the created logos for stadiums, kits, bats, tattoos etc are all downloaded with get best.

Reactions: DAP

barjatya

School Cricketer
If you go back to the out of box experience - delete ALL save data - then the crashes will be gone.

I do understand the frustration people are having, we are doing our best to rectify things as fast as possible, including rushing a patch through already.

The game works out of the box and it was not possible to test the teams on the Academy as they did not exist in November when the game was submitted.

Thanks for replying to this thread .

We all love the work/effort you guys put in the game

hopefully in the near future dbc 17 will become a better game than dbc 14

I did manage to try dbc 17 at a friends place , unfortunately did not like it as much as dbc 14 cause mainly i play as a batsman .

and like someone said on this thread the batting experience is not as smooth as what it is in dbc 14

I dont know whether the game was patched to level 2 but what i played the batting was not good at all .

I will yet keep on reading and hopefully will buy dbc 17 in the future.

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
Did you download the teams from academy with the custom logos?

Yes I did. Although I couldn't download them initially before the patch but did it afterwards. Not sure about the logos but I only went in and downloaded the teams.

Again I haven't spent much time on the game. But have spent a few sittings after the patch and haven't experienced any crash.

I hope they can add the fielding circle that old games used to have. The batting becomes better without adding extra delays to look around. They can leave that option open for user choice.

Users who are viewing this thread