"I told you so": Botha suspended for suspect action

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
puddleduck said:
Anyone that sees Banter as including racist comments seriously needs their head checked, last time I checked it was a light-hearted form of communicating with another person. Everytime you have "assumed" or used false logic or reasoning, you are just being an ignorant *insert rude word of choice* (that is not banter, I am being deliberately rude there)

For example Aussie and England fans are always engaged in banter. Sensible Spurs and Arsenal fans are always engaged in banter. What you are implying is quite clearly stepping beyond that and into the realms of abuse or insults. I am seriously starting to believe there is something wrong with you, I see your hole has reached 10 foot, perhaps your going to need the JCB, the spade doesn't look big enough.
OK, I give up. I refuse to try and discuss these things with school children.

Let the thread die.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
MUFC1987 said:
OK, I give up. I refuse to try and discuss these things with school children.

Let the thread die.

Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing. I am convinced your name, 1987, is when you were born, and as such I finished school sometime before you. To be honest I fail to see anyone else reading this could possibly agree with the way you have gone about your posts. If you re-read what you have written, you constantly try to insinuate that I either agree with racism, or death-threats. The english language is a very imprecise tool, perhaps you have misused it and I have caught the wrong end of the stick.

I do find it amusing that you tried to end the topic by labelling me a school child. I fully agree, let the topic die, although I would like to know from an Admin or Mod when they close this if I am going mad, or you were been deliberately facetious.

Kal-El

Club Cricketer
I read today that Botha had been retested and had failed again, he's still a chucker.

On the crowds, why abuse Australian crowds for chanting No Ball? We can't help it if our ability to spot a chucker is above and beyond any other countries crowds.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's a little sad for Botha, but it sounds like it's really sad for South Africa, because they must have absolutely noone capable of teaching him how to bowl.

kookaburra69

International Coach
he looked to be quite a good player,i hope he can sort out his action soon.my opinion on his action when i first say him play in south africa was it looked a ligitimate action,well i guess i was wrong

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
He was ok and a decent batsman, his off-spinner looked fine but his doosra was big chuck, straightened a lot.

rickyp

International Coach
it wasnt his bowling that got done though was it? it was his doosra, which from what i saw was a big chuck

kookaburra69

International Coach
if it was just his doosra he will stil be able to bowl wont he?just not use it and try a differnt type of dilervery,but i suppose that might make him a bit useless

cricketmad09

International Coach
From the moment I saw him bowl I thought his action was suspect. Proves I was right.

Users who are viewing this thread