ICC Champions Trophy 2009

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
We should have enough match practice by the time we enter the Champions Trophy. Most of our ODI players are playing in the Corporate trophy for Air India (guys like Dhoni, Yuvraj are all playing). And also we might be having the domestic KSCA and Buchi Babu Invitational games (Dravid might be playing there according to Cricinfo). And we also have the Sri Lanka tri-series of atleast two games (not including the final).

So we have enough rest, and also we should have good enough match practice before the Champions trophy.

ajdude

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Apparently Pietersen's in England's 30 man provisional squad; question is, where the hell can I get a source?! It's scrolling across the top of BBC SPORT somewhere, and it says "Kevin Pietersen named in England's provisional squad for Champions Trophy in September".

Don't know why it matters; I suppose it just means that the squad's been announced somewhere.

EDIT: http://www.ecb.co.uk/news/england/england-preliminary-champions-trophy-squad,306794,EN.html

Michael Lumb, Joe Denly and Jonathan Trott are in there, if that means anything.

England 30-man ICC Champions Trophy squad:

Andrew Strauss (Middlesex)
James Anderson (Lancashire)
Gareth Batty (Worcestershire)
Ian Bell (Warwickshire)
Ravi Bopara (Essex)
Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire)
Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)
Paul Collingwood (Durham)
Alastair Cook (Essex)
Steve Davies (Worcestershire)
Joe Denly (Kent)
Andrew Flintoff (Lancashire)
James Foster (Essex)
Stephen Harmison (Durham)
Ed Joyce (Sussex)
Rob Key (Kent)
Michael Lumb (Hampshire)
Sajid Mahmood (Lancashire)
Dimitri Mascarenhas (Hampshire)
Eoin Morgan (Middlesex)
Graham Napier (Essex)
Graham Onions (Durham)
Kevin Pietersen (Hampshire)
Matt Prior (Sussex)
Adil Rashid (Yorkshire)
Owais Shah (Middlesex)
Ryan Sidebottom (Nottinghamshire)
Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire)
Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire)
Luke Wright (Sussex)

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Great to see Trott and Key in the squad, now lets just hope they get a bloody chance!

International Coach
windies are sticking to the weakened provisional squad they had announced,WICB is just destroying the game in tht region,i hope the icc takes some action and maybe they should replace the windies with bangladesh for the champions trophy.

shubhrayu

International Coach
so then they are due a victory. I would not put anything past them even though the better team generally will win over 50 overs as opposed to 2020 .

That's what I said....Our recent ODI form has been way better than Pakistan and T20 is the only format which suits Pakistanis(though they get pawned by India),so I guess we'll have an easy Victory over them.....And regarding our game against Australia well no McGrath and we have Sachin still.....and if Dravid's back then....you know!!And do you guys know our dangerous man Gautam Gambhir....well get any bowler but on his day he can thrash any bowling attack...And how can you forget YUVRAJ!!!!Well I am a little upset for the exclusion of Manish Pandey.....I think he should've been there after his performance of SA pitches in the IPL!!!!My Final Conclusion don't consider India as Underdogs!!!!

International Coach
^manish pandey has just played a couple of good knocks,he still has a long way to go and their are many plyers like kohli,badrinath and tiwary above him in the pecking order.

shubhrayu

International Coach
Well Manish Pandey is an exceptional talent!!!So if we pick him now then we can have a batsman ready for our 2011 WC Hunt.........

shubhrayu added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

^manish pandey has just played a couple of good knocks,he still has a long way to go and their are many plyers like kohli,badrinath and tiwary above him in the pecking order.

Virat Kohli's also a good player in the Middle I think we should groom some of these young talents for our 2011 WC Hunt...And yeah if you reckon 2015 WC that will depend on these youngsters....

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
Well Manish Pandey is an exceptional talent!!!So if we pick him now then we can have a batsman ready for our 2011 WC Hunt.........

shubhrayu added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Virat Kohli's also a good player in the Middle I think we should groom some of these young talents for our 2011 WC Hunt...And yeah if you reckon 2015 WC that will depend on these youngsters....

Yes mate i agree with you Virat Kohli's also a good player we did see him in IPL playing good cricket for B-lore RC....:D

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yes mate i agree with you Virat Kohli's also a good player we did see him in IPL playing good cricket for B-lore RC....:D

The IPL does not prove anything. Let these guys have a good Ranji Trophy Season or two to back it up. You cannot just pick players based on T20 cricket. You are bound to fail that way.

shubhrayu

International Coach
Well those guys played on South African Tracks and if they're able to play well on those kind of tracks then surely they're good players

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Kohli is ahead in pecking order than Pandey. That cocky bugger just hit century down under.

International Coach
Well those guys played on South African Tracks and if they're able to play well on those kind of tracks then surely they're good players

the pitches in south africa were more like sub continent wickets,lots of turn and very little pace because the ipl was played after their season was over.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Kohli is ahead in pecking order than Pandey. That cocky bugger just hit century down under.

But no use because for the Champions Trophy, the side is almost set in place (except for maybe one position and that too could be that of a bowler).

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors

Those pitches in the IPL were not that difficult to bat on TBH, plus it's only 20/20 cricket so it means nothing

Users who are viewing this thread