New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka, 2009

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Tuffey's making himself a tempting selection. Who would have to go? Butler? I'd rather Butler got the first chance.

I would almost play him ahead of Oram at the moment!

That's a bit extreme.

Last edited:

nz0003

International Cricketer
This is what I like to see, some depth.

My team for game 1:

1. B McCullum
2. Ryder
3. Guptill
4. Taylor
5. Elliot
6. Oram
7. N McCullum
8. Mills
9. Vettori
10. Butler/Tuffey
11. Bond

Wouldn't mind Butler or Tuffey, but I would go with Butler.

irottev

School Cricketer
Don't worry, Diremanti and Patel are bowling in the last 10 by the looks here. They'll both be clouted.

irottev

School Cricketer
Maybe incase he gets injured. Or they're trying the other bowlers out.

Lets hope our batters show some good form. Broom and Elliot could do with a good bat.

edit: Tuffey's figures worsened greatly from the death bowling. He got a bit smashed by a tailender. BUT he got 5for which is still excellent. Just can't bowl at the death haha.

Last edited:

charith

Club Captain
Bad news for Jayasuriya i think. I've been saying he should go for awhile now but i doubt we would drop him for the matches but his time is coming. He would prob be made to 'retire'. Hmmm I want him to smash a quick hundy in one of the coming games and prove me wrong but things looking bleak.

I dont know about Tuffey. If he was to play i reckon he should replace Mills since their similar bowlers whereas Butler is more a hit the deck type. They wouldn't drop Mills he's been one of the top bowlers over the last year so a tough one.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Ha ha ha!
If NZ lose this warm up match........
It would be a very sorry scene to say the least.
Neither Diamanti nor Oram is good enough to take them home from here! 121/7! Jesus!:doh

irottev

School Cricketer
Ha ha ha!

Nothing new. Sides lose warm-ups all the time. Only 4 cemented players played in the warm-up. The rest are fighting for places. Bond, Vettori, Mills and Taylor are obviously world class ODI players and of course they were missed. I think the fact that we already played 2 20 over warm-ups meant that this was a little unnecessary.

So long as some of the players learn from it.

Oram's having a good bat which is probably the main thing to take out of it. If only Elliot and Guptill spent more time in the middle.

N McCullum seemed to have bowled well, i'd pick him. Probably still Elliot over Broom.

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Ha ha ha!
It would be a very sorry scene to say the least.
Neither Diamanti nor Oram is good enough to take them home from here! 121/7! Jesus!:doh

I'm surprised we didn't see more of you during the test matches tbh :sarcasm

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Nothing new. Sides lose warm-ups all the time. Only 4 cemented players played in the warm-up. The rest are fighting for places. Bond, Vettori, Mills and Taylor are obviously world class ODI players and of course they were missed. I think the fact that we already played 2 20 over warm-ups meant that this was a little unnecessary.

So long as some of the players learn from it.

Oram's having a good bat which is probably the main thing to take out of it. If only Elliot and Guptill spent more time in the middle.

N McCullum seemed to have bowled well, i'd pick him. Probably still Elliot over Broom.

At least Ryder and McCullum made a few runs, although McCullum scored really slow. But yea I wouldn't read much into this game.

nz0003

International Cricketer
Couldn't care less about this game, it was probably the worst team we could put on the park.

Users who are viewing this thread