ICC future features

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mainly, include many domestic seasons and correct kits. Also, make the player creator.

domiw

Club Cricketer
Basically, everyone knows after playing a few years of ICC, it becomes a bit samey.

What would inspire a person to continue playing, would be being able to view your statistics. Stats are what cricket is all about, and they should be much more of them.

Where stats go, records follow. This is my main idea. I am always checking in on the records and top partnerships for my side, and i would like to see all the records in there. Most runs in a series, matches won in a row by a captain, most catches in a season etc. Records are what its all about, and there should be more.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Oh yes, stats are what are needed. I like stats for every year rather than the current one and the previous 2. I would say on the player records (where all the players are listed) screen, where it has the option to choose Career, Current, Last Year and Last Year + 1, instead have the option of career, and then all the years since the start of the game (e.g. 2010 for ICC10 and 2011 for ICC11 when it comes out).

I always like to see series stats without having to calculate them, so I would suggest on the tour info screen (when you click International) there should be a stat screen that shows all the stats for that series.

And one of the most annoying thing is that when players retire, I can't see their stats anymore. It's always annoying as I like to post stats of a player's career when he retires but then when he retires without notice, I have no opportunity to do so. And more records as domiw said would be great.

I've posted my other suggestions in the ICC 2011 thread.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I wouldn't think that would be hard to implement. The only problem could be that it would slow the match down horribly after a number of years because it has to sort through a whole heap of stats, and the database would be quite bloated and large

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well actually, normally I don't give a ████ about players from other teams/countries so maybe at the end of the season, it gives you a list of the players who are retiring and you can tick those that you want to still be able to see their stats and stuff.

jacobfelix

International Coach
Is this bug sorted out in the newer versions.....if not, they better in the future releases.....as I find it quite funny & 'just not cricket' thingy....

Icc2006....a wide ball....and instead of the keeper collecting it....the first slip fielder collects it :D.....imagine, in real cricket, the slip fielders collecting a ball coming at 90mph....:p look at that keeper in the screenshot...standing as though he hasnt got much work.....:p

widebug.jpg

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Doesn't look like it. First wide of the game and taken by the first slip. Does it really matter though? Why do you watch wides anyway?

jacobfelix

International Coach
First wide of the game and taken by the first slip. Does it really matter though?

As I told ....it's "just not cricket"...keeping aside major bugs...these are the basic things which the game developers should implement...like the keeper diving around and collecting...

Why do you watch wides anyway?

thats another bug for you......they gave 2 runs for it...and I watched it to see whether they scampered for a run...which they didnt....

Sureshot

Executive member
Yup, some do, the extras penalties are correct in the recent versions.

As for slip collecting wides, it still happens in the game, and it happens in real life, maybe not with as much frequency, but it's purely cosmetic and not exactly a simple thing to fix. Other things to prioritise for us at the moment, whilst fixing bugs is obviously a priority, I wouldn't really state the above scenario a bug, the time it would take to get the issue sorted can be better spent elsewhere.

6ry4nj

International Coach
That's not really good enough is it? If a player is injured on tour, you should be able to fly out/in a replacement like irl.

Sureshot

Executive member
Well, irl 18 isn't the normal squad size, it's 15, that's why we changed it to 18.

Users who are viewing this thread