ICC future features

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just read what people have suggested here and on our forum, I'm not going to delve in to much more than what is already available on what we could be doing, just that we have loads of ideas.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Actually, what could be good is more of what cricket coach and most cricket games have. At the moment, we just have a rating for batting and bowling and preferences but I think there should be a rating for different attributes. So maybe have ratings for the following:

Skill: (This would pretty much be the current ratings)
Potential: (How good a player can become.) If you make other attributes shown, make this one hidden.
Test Ability: (How good they are in the test format)
ODI Ability: (How good they are in 50 over format)
T20 Ability: (How good they are in the T20 format)
These are just instead of aggressiveness as some players normally play defensive in Tests but slog all the time in T20 and are good at it.

Front Foot:
Back Foot:
Legside:
Offside:
Straight
Technique:

And have a batting position for each format as a lot of players open in OD but don't in Tests and have a certain position rather than just opener or not opener so you could have 1-3 for a players prefered position or 4-5 and so on and they perform better in them positions.

Anyway, these are only suggestions.

Imager36

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
iirc, there are hidden attributes for each player's aggressive(ness?) whilst batting, how strong they are on each side (leg side shots, off side shots) and how well they can play pace and spin. The numbers are turned into that text in the personals page. I agree with increased use of the potential thing, though, cause it means that James Taylor wouldn't have to start off as a gun batsman and would only gradually become one :p

Chewie

BCCI President
I think there may be an inherent aggressiveness rating somewhere because some people seem more aggressive than others despite being the same preference

Imager36

Club Captain
Yeah, I seem to remember having it confirmed that it was numbers which the game turned into sentences.

blake

School Cricketer
There is a rating between 0-255 I believe, or 0-128 and players between 0-30 would be very defensive, between 30-60 defensive or something similar to that. It definitely varies and is just converted into text, however the rating is only a preference and does not portray how good a batsman may be at being very aggressive. You may have a quality slogger like Albie Morkel or a terrible slogger like Shahid Afridi but they will both be portrayed as very aggressive, it is only their batting rating that decides it.

Another issue that was teasing me from ICC09 has recently come to my attention again. I don't believe we have found everything that is possible to be edited. When you are choosing bowling technique training you have the option to choose accuracy, defensive bowling and aggressive bowling. This means there must also be levels for these as well, instead of just the single bowling rating that we have found.

Looks like we might need to keep searching!

Chewie

BCCI President
There is a rating between 0-255 I believe, or 0-128 and players between 0-30 would be very defensive, between 30-60 defensive or something similar to that. It definitely varies and is just converted into text, however the rating is only a preference and does not portray how good a batsman may be at being very aggressive. You may have a quality slogger like Albie Morkel or a terrible slogger like Shahid Afridi but they will both be portrayed as very aggressive, it is only their batting rating that decides it.

Another issue that was teasing me from ICC09 has recently come to my attention again. I don't believe we have found everything that is possible to be edited. When you are choosing bowling technique training you have the option to choose accuracy, defensive bowling and aggressive bowling. This means there must also be levels for these as well, instead of just the single bowling rating that we have found.

Looks like we might need to keep searching!

Yea I've mentioned this a number of times before, but it's really hard to find such things.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Or if stopping mid over causes problems just increase aggression for us to full for the ball.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Like I said in the other thread. Ability to play online with international teams. Please, please, please. I beg you.

Users who are viewing this thread