ICC ODI WORLD LEAGUE: I know what....let's restart!

D

Dutch

Here's a little thing I am working on. I have set up a league for 16 lesser known teams. ODI games played home and way with a four team semi final set up at the end.

I have tried this kind of thing before but the frustration soon grew because basic components like points counting didn't work. It seems as most of this is working. I am still tuning and optimizing things and it could be that I re-start a couple of times if I feel I need to adjust something.

Hope to do some story writing, picture reports and films. Will be away for a few days at the weekend so it will lay still for a little while after that but hopefully will pick up again!

10 points for a win, 5 for a draw or tie and batting and bowling points. I will be playing as The Netherlands.

These are the teams involved:

20190717130019_1.jpg

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah i am still working on editing and finalizing teams: just plucked something from the Academy! This is a kind of dry run to see if things are working as they should....

Ha good to see you @Francobaldo I should have included Italy. Might do so once i get the teams sorted!
I've got kits and logos for most of those teams if you need them. Just lemme know, I can make them a priority.

D

Dutch

A write up while I am setting things up properly for this whole project-escapade-adventure-thing:

ODI World Championship: League Of Nations

The ICC's attempts to galvanize the renewed interest in cricket after the unbelievable final at this year's ODI final between England and New Zealand takes form now that the different leagues of the World ODI League are about to start. The test playing nations will be placed into a premier league whilst the associate teams and other nations will be placed in two leagues. Each league will have promotion and relegation places.

Each team plays each other twice. Two teams relegated from the premier league, two teams promoted from out of league one to the premier league. Three teams relegated from league one: tow teams automatically promoted from league two to one with one place via play off between places three and four at the end of all matches in league two. The first four teams in the premier league play a semi final and final (all matches except the semifinals and final decided by super-over)

Win = 10 points

Tie = 5 points (no super overs in regular league matches!)

Batting bonus points = 200 to 239 1 point
240 to 279 2 points
280 to 309 3 points
310 to 339 4 points
340 plus 5 points

Bowling bonus points = 3 to 5 wickets = 1 point
6 to 7 wickets = 2 points
8 to 9 wickets = 3 points
10 wickets = 5 points

Premier League
Australia
England
India
Sri Lanka
South Africa
New Zealand
Zimbabwe
Bangladesh
West Indies
Pakistan

League One
The Netherlands
Ireland
Afghanistan
Kenya
Scotland
UAE
Nepal
Oman
United States
Papau New Guinea

League Two
Canada
Hong Kong
Malaysia
Denmark
Singapore
Italy
Germany
Uganda
Namibia
Qatar

Redfive

School Cricketer
"The test playing nations will be placed into a premier league"

"League One [...] Ireland, Afghanistan"

And the Irish and Afghans weep at the all-too-soon loss of their Test status...

Joking aside I love the sound of this - with some of the awesome work going on in the academy considering a similar alternate universe multi league setup for English counties and minor counties.

Look forward to following Uganda's meteoric rise up the leagues to take their place at Crickets top table. Well, @Dutch 's version of it anyway.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
A write up while I am setting things up properly for this whole project-escapade-adventure-thing:

ODI World Championship: League Of Nations

The ICC's attempts to galvanize the renewed interest in cricket after the unbelievable final at this year's ODI final between England and New Zealand takes form now that the different leagues of the World ODI League are about to start. The test playing nations will be placed into a premier league whilst the associate teams and other nations will be placed in two leagues. Each league will have promotion and relegation places.

Each team plays each other twice. Two teams relegated from the premier league, two teams promoted from out of league one to the premier league. Three teams relegated from league one: tow teams automatically promoted from league two to one with one place via play off between places three and four at the end of all matches in league two. The first four teams in the premier league play a semi final and final (all matches except the semifinals and final decided by super-over)

Win = 10 points

Tie = 5 points (no super overs in regular league matches!)

Batting bonus points = 200 to 239 1 point
240 to 279 2 points
280 to 309 3 points
310 to 339 4 points
340 plus 5 points

Bowling bonus points = 3 to 5 wickets = 1 point
6 to 7 wickets = 2 points
8 to 9 wickets = 3 points
10 wickets = 5 points

Premier League
Australia
England
India
Sri Lanka
South Africa
New Zealand
Zimbabwe
Bangladesh
West Indies
Pakistan

League One
The Netherlands
Ireland
Afghanistan
Kenya
Scotland
UAE
Nepal
Oman
United States
Papau New Guinea

League Two
Canada
Hong Kong
Malaysia
Denmark
Singapore
Italy
Germany
Uganda
Namibia
Qatar
I would love this mode in the game. Maybe not all the teams involved but at least the ones that are in the game.

Staresblank

Club Captain
Thanks for making this - I used to try and make a 16 team ODI league in DBC17 and Ashes. DBC 17 the OD but similarly to you I got fed up because of the bonus points not adding up and then AI simulations being screwed.

My other frustration was I couldn't find a way to make it fair for the team that bowled first. In real life league cricket, some leagues have a system where a team gets bonus points for chasing down a target with less wickets lost. This makes up for the fact they can't reach the full batting score points. Ie if full batting points are for getting 200 and start at 100, and the bowling team restricts the batting side to 126 and chase it down losing only 4 wickets. You would get 2 batting points (100,125) and 3 points for chasing (6 wickets left) - thus getting the full 20 points.

Very sad and boring I know, but has anyone come up with a fair system using the current points system on offer?

D

Dutch

This is the sort of thing I do. Do you actually have relegation and promotion or is it just three separate leagues and you would make the relevant amendments at the end of each cycle?
Been away for a while but hope to be reviving this the coming few weeks: so I will be making three divisions; simming the First and third and playing the second with the Netherlands and then creating the new divisions depending on the promotions and relegations.

Thanks for making this - I used to try and make a 16 team ODI league in DBC17 and Ashes. DBC 17 the OD but similarly to you I got fed up because of the bonus points not adding up and then AI simulations being screwed.

My other frustration was I couldn't find a way to make it fair for the team that bowled first. In real life league cricket, some leagues have a system where a team gets bonus points for chasing down a target with less wickets lost. This makes up for the fact they can't reach the full batting score points. Ie if full batting points are for getting 200 and start at 100, and the bowling team restricts the batting side to 126 and chase it down losing only 4 wickets. You would get 2 batting points (100,125) and 3 points for chasing (6 wickets left) - thus getting the full 20 points.

Very sad and boring I know, but has anyone come up with a fair system using the current points system on offer?

I think the only way around this would be for you to create an own points table and award extra points for those situations by hand.[DOUBLEPOST=1564397161][/DOUBLEPOST]League One
The Netherlands
Ireland
Afghanistan
Kenya
Scotland
UAE
Nepal
Oman
United States
Papau New Guinea

Will be playing this league thus and simming the other two.

Users who are viewing this thread