ICC ODI WORLD LEAGUE: I know what....let's restart!

D

Dutch

The Dutch Suffer Heavy Defeat At The Hands Of Oman In ICC ODI World League Opener: Full Report To Follow!

In the meantime enjoy the highlights!

D

Dutch

Before I do a full match report and have a look at the other games in the leagues I would be keen to get some feedback on presentation. More vids, less vids, more text less text, smaller font or not, what works , what doesn't? Thanks for watching and or commenting! I am really doing this for myself but am keen to adjust things to make it more interesting for others if i can.

I hope to do some nice game write ups. I like the highlights thing as it saves a lot of time editing but you dont really get the story from it.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Before I do a full match report and have a look at the other games in the leagues I would be keen to get some feedback on presentation. More vids, less vids, more text less text, smaller font or not, what works , what doesn't? Thanks for watching and or commenting! I am really doing this for myself but am keen to adjust things to make it more interesting for others if i can.

I hope to do some nice game write ups. I like the highlights thing as it saves a lot of time editing but you dont really get the story from it.
The text is great. @Dutch

D

Dutch

Oman kick off their ODI world league campaign with a resounding win against the Dutch in Amsterdam. Nothing should be taken away from an Oman team that were stronger with both bat and ball. The Dutch however will look back on match situations where they were weel placed to offer a real challenge to the outcome. With the ball they had Oman at 176 for 6 off 38 overs before losing the plot in the last twelve, seeing Oman thump another 120 onto their score. With the bat they scored quickly and effectively to rush to 60 not out before a series of rash shot choices and running decisions left them close to the edge. Once they lost O'Dowd it was only going one way.

The Dutch will hope this is but a glitch on their path and that they can regroup themselves quickly before they face the USA in Florida whilst Oman will take massive confidence from this game as they play at home against Nepal in the second round.

With many rounds to go this has been a poor start for the Dutch and they need to do some serious thinking. they cannot be complacent against a USA team they will be expected to beat but as other results in this first round have shown, anything is possible:

The Netherlands v Oman Scorecards:

20190730124305_1.jpg 20190730124306_1.jpg 20190730124307_1.jpg 20190730124307_2.jpg 20190730124308_1.jpg

MOM: KHAWAR ALI (OMAN)

D

Dutch

Table in Division One after first round matches:

20190730124401_1.jpg

Round Two Overview:

20190730165911_1.jpg

Leading batsmen and bowlers after round one:

20190730124439_1.jpg

20190730124450_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dutch

Post Match Interview With Pieter Seelaar, The Netherlands Captain

download.jpeg

Pieter what are your thoughts after what must feel like a pretty sound thumping?

Yeah, it really does. We cant make excuses. Oman really showed us how we need to be performing on pitches like this. I thought we had our moments but all round it was a pretty poor performance with both ball and bat.

What do you feel went wrong?

Well we really struggled to find our length at the start as the pitch had a bit more bounce in it than we were expecting and I think we bowled a bit too full, allowing them to really drive to all parts. We had a chat at the drinksbreak and realised we needed to change things a bit. We brought on the spinners and they really helped to slow things down. I really thought we could have them knocked over for 200 odd but credit to them their lower order really took the fight to us and smashed us if we are honest. With a score near 300 you are always going to feel pressure. I though Max and Tobias started off really well and put the pressure back on them. But again we didn't reign ourselves in at the right time and lost a few wickets to decisions the boys will be regretting.

You mention Max O'Dowd there. A real allround performance from him.

Yeah, Max is always consistent and he played really well. Its a disappointment we couldn't support him more. We have to all chip in and cant just leave it down to individual performances. It just wont be enough however brilliant one player might play. We have to go back, lick our wounds and analyse things and get up for the next game.

You face the trip to Florida next time out. USA a certain win?

No no. Look you hope to win every game but every team in this competition is there by right. We certainly wont be complacent. The USA have come on a long way and have spent a lot of effort on getting their structures set up. They certainly wont roll over.

Do you feel as captain you could have done things differently?

Well I think its fair to say that it took us and especially me too long to realise we needed to be bowling shorter and I kept the spinners on just a bit too long. In fairness we just have to get more runs on the board. Three or four of the wickets were down to unclear decision making and shot selection. If you lose wickets too regularly you are not going to win too many matches. Those are the things we need to address.

Can The Netherlands get back on track? Is promotion still a possibility.

Well I mean it is ludicrous to think the season is over after one game. There are plenty of games to play but we do realise full well that we need to get up and running as quickly as possible. that means taking the trip to Florida and coming back with as many points as possible.

Brendon Glover seemed to be struggling at the end. Concerns?

Yeah Brendon had a bit of distraction from a side tweak. We have the guys looking at him now and we will be assessing the situation before we head out to Florida next week. We will be looking at cover just in case but hopefully Brendon will be on the plane. he's a good lad, has a bit of pace and bounce and offers some real attacking options. He will be first to admit that his second spell wasn't up to his standards but I am sure he will want to improve.

Thanks Pieter and see you in sunny Florida.

Thanks mate. Take care.

D

Dutch

Paul van Meekeren to cover for Brandon Glover

The Netherlands have drafted Paul van Meekeren into the ODI squad to head off to America for the game against the USA in Florida next week. Glover suffered a side-strain in the defeat to Oman. Team doctor Dirk Hemwegen said that Glover was responding well to treatment but felt cover was needed. They fully expect Glover to travel to America but want to have an options.

20190730211238_1.jpg 20190730211312_1.jpg

D

Dutch

Dutch Head Off To Face USA In Florida

Dutch Head Off To Florida

download (2).jpeg images.jpeg

Fred Klaasen going through his paces at the training facilities at Lauderhill

23-Fred-Klaassen-3-820x737.jpg

Dutch go through their paces, getting used to the heat and humidity

15aThe-Dutch-team-take-the-field.jpeg

The great Central Broward Park stadium at Lauderhill where the USA will host the Dutch

CentralBroward10_1ec8abc4-5056-b3a8-498880bfbed1b07d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread